PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 12:58:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1070329 times)
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
Re: Habitat43 News! Sharing Information!
« Reply #840 on: 2008 October 13, 11:49:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We have a new standard Duke - gotta be shots of Paleo sharing someone's real email addresses and names with an entire forum and then cackling in wild glee.

I can pretty much guarantee that does not exist.   Although, I have been cackling in wild glee this morning.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Redikolous
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: 2008 October 13, 12:10:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sent jfade an email asking why he thought what he thought.  I'm hoping for a response.

Why, hello thar!

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #842 on: 2008 October 13, 12:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coconut is now updating & adding part 8 Grin Seems Atwat was one of the many trolls here on PMBD. Is there a way to find out which one was her?

Oh my! Birgit is just a meanie!  Poor coconut, his/her brain went numb from the drivel.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #843 on: 2008 October 13, 12:32:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: tomato
Well, I am pushing someone's buttons.

It's atwat. Only she couldn't resist waiting at least a few more hours before exacting her all important revenge. She's probably furiously forging pms even now.

Oh, and atwat, as far as the personal information goes that you refer to in your pm to Paleo, what? Is it that you made a complete fucking idiot of yourself over some asshole who didn't want anything to do with you (in that way)? If so, relax, it was already common knowledge. In fact, just about everybody knows about it. Or was it, perhaps, your hobby of gathering personal information on your enemies? Because if that's it, we all become aware of just how seriously you and the rest of the scum from TSR take your sims 2 pixels when coconut exposed the sorry lot of you. So, mmm, can't blame paleo for that either.

Just piss off, you sorry skank.
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #844 on: 2008 October 13, 13:18:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Snarky, you called her a skank! She's going to PM you now starting with "Meooooow...[insert drivel verbal diarrhoea here]"

Urgh, I am face palming myself all over this thread. Can the morons over at the pro-paysite side be any more fucking stupid? Seriously?

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: 2008 October 13, 13:52:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny how Coconut hasn't been shut down - surely what he/she is posting is more damaging to T$R than anything else? But then again I didn't see what Tomato/Paleo posted...

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: 2008 October 13, 13:55:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want to know what personal information that those PM's gave out.  Yes, Atwa's real name was mentioned, but everyone and their uncle knows Atwa's real first name is Anita.  Other than that?  No.  You did not post her email address, you did not post anything that could give anyone a way to track her down.  So, what was the harassing? 

I'm still saying something very strange is going on.  Doesn't LJ have a bunch of volunteers that do a lot of their dirty work for them?  Maybe Anita knows one of them.  It just seems like it was awful quick that you were destroyed.  A couple years ago, there was this idiot who kept posting someone's real name, address, and phone number encouraging people to call this person and harass them, and when several of us complained, LJ's opinion was, "Well, we asked him to erase it and he did."  Even though he posted it every week. 

I don't see how those entries were harassing.  Mostly, they were the opinions of a few people.  Anything said about the Twat was either public knowlege or speculation.

You could always open an account at Insane Journal and post them.  I don't think they'll care.  I doubt Journal Fen will either, but it's harder to get an account there, they usually have the place running on invitations only. 

As for the PM?  Yeah righ.  "I'm not Atwa!"  Right there, that tells me that yes, it IS Anita.  Since she's made it clear she reads this, this next part is for her.   Nice double standard there.  You can save, cut, and paste any PM you get and do whatever you want with it, share it with the whole community,  but if someone does it to you, they need to be stopped?  You selfish, stupid, ignorant cunt.  You and Thomass posted real names of people, and then cackled gleefully as you planned other ways to "attack" them and their sites.  You gloated that you were able to collect subscription money without having to honor the subscription agreement.  Yet, if someone posts their opinions about you, you can't take it.  God forbid anyone pick on poor widdle Atwa.

Ever wonder why every friend you make eventually ends up hating your fucking guts?  (Well, except for Thomas, and he's put a leash around your neck and made you his pet troll.  That ain't love baby, that's manipulation)  It's because you use and abuse them.  Hell, you were trying to use and abuse your fellow FA members in that thread.  "oooo, I've been too hurt to defend myself."  What a hunk of bullshit.  The least you could have done is be honest.  "Will you go do my dirty work for me, because I want to know my little puppets will dance when I pull the strings."  Guess what? They didn't dance No one is going to dance for you, once they've had a chance to get to know you.

You are mentally ill.  Get some fucking help. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
KatrinaHighKick
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: 2008 October 13, 13:58:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Urgh, I am face palming myself all over this thread. Can the morons over at the pro-paysite side be any more fucking stupid? Seriously?

Don't egg them on, they'll probably take this as a challenge and try to out-stupid each other  Wink

Paysites? Just say Arr!
ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: 2008 October 13, 14:28:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if paysites and paysite owners (people like Rose, the horde of people at TSR and Peggy) realize that they are the reason that EA is going to restrict CC in the future. Is it a coincidence that they are taking away the autonomy that Sims users have enjoyed so far and are trying to keep CC only available on their exchange for TS3? And that they've unleashed SecuRom on us? No. It's because there are people out there taking advantage of their product and making it theirs. The marketing for TS2 also changed. Did we get useless Stuff packs with TS1? No, because paysites weren't taking advantage of people EA wasn't trying to inundate us with objects to do away with the need for CC. All you used to need back in TS1 to share meshes was a link and readme. Now the community is greedy and squabbling. I think that the more hostile people get, the more EA will crack down and protect their investments.

I feel like paysite owners see themselves as the aristocracy of the CC community. They are the ones with the money, so they make the rules on what people can and can't do. It's just as old as the first civilization; the one with the money makes the rules. I think we should show them that we don't accept having our information shared in their secret forums or whatever they're doing.

And as for the "I'm so hurt, I can't speak" comments. People say that as a way of deflecting blame. It's a way of closing down logical arguement. You don't accuse someone who's crying right?
daniyagami
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #849 on: 2008 October 13, 14:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you have a good point. I´ve been thinking about this since EA opened the EAStore.

Corsair: a pirate who be makin' his berth in the Med-...Medi-...that sea 'tween Spain and Africa, aye!
HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #850 on: 2008 October 13, 14:55:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think EA is upset because others are taking advantage of their product.  As Dani pointed out with the EA store, I think EA just finally woke up and realized the scope of the almighty dollar and how much large sites like TSR are bringing in.  Wouldn't surprise me if they completely change the EULA for Sims3 and then enforce it.  Thus allowing only them to sell custom content.  They can cut down on the amount of EP's they release, and instead release them in individual pieces in the EA store.  While they think SecuRom will help piracy (its not), I don't know how they would control the flow of pirating the EA store stuff.  Unless, once again, they enforce the EULA and start taking people to court for sharing.  I have seen sharing of those items, but it seems the stance here is not to since EA has the legal right to sell there own product.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
aliensim
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #851 on: 2008 October 13, 15:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think EA is upset because others are taking advantage of their product.  As Dani pointed out with the EA store, I think EA just finally woke up and realized the scope of the almighty dollar and how much large sites like TSR are bringing in.  Wouldn't surprise me if they completely change the EULA for Sims3 and then enforce it.  Thus allowing only them to sell custom content......ect

This last thing you say worries me tho.  This could go on to mean that with Sims 3 we will not have a capabilty to make our own CC or offer for dl.  And shurly that EA kno it is only the fan made CC that kept Sims 1 and Sims 2 going for so long.   I come out of lurks to say this cause I am now thinking I may want Sims 3 but not if I cannot have or make CC.

And Dani, I fangirl you from a long time, it is good to see you are still around.  so many good and lovely ppl from Sims 1 have gone now Sad
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #852 on: 2008 October 13, 15:11:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, i think the stance is - it won't be in the BOOTY because the Sims Store stuff is legal.  I know its shared over at MATY, so....

And I wonder if I could take that Wolf... person to task - I've been 'Sim Architect' since Sims 1, and even just going by Sims 2, i've been that since Oct 2004 on MTS2 Tongue

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
themalle
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: 2008 October 13, 15:32:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel like paysite owners see themselves as the aristocracy of the CC community. They are the ones with the money, so they make the rules on what people can and can't do. It's just as old as the first civilization; the one with the money makes the rules. I think we should show them that we don't accept having our information shared in their secret forums or whatever they're doing.

hm, but shouldn't EA make the rules in this case as they are the real money makers here? I mean if they really would suffer moneywise by paysites shouldn't they forbid them?
Light_Angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #854 on: 2008 October 13, 15:50:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hm, but shouldn't EA make the rules in this case as they are the real money makers here? I mean if they really would suffer moneywise by paysites shouldn't they forbid them?

They don't want to try.... they'd be alienating one part of their customer base, and they'd loose money if they ever decided to get a backbone and start taking sides.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: