PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:26:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1060951 times)
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Habitat43 News! Sharing Information!
« Reply #735 on: 2008 October 12, 19:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Itīs exactly what they asked for, donations.

No they did not just have buttons they had "donation" sets, sets that could only be obtained through paying an exact sum or more of money.  That is what made them PAYSITES, just like every other paysite whose files we share here.  Make no mistake, they charged for sim files!   Which is to say two Brazilian creators, living in Brazil with this anti-pay CC culture had PAYSITES, there is no disputing that fact.  I am sure several people here remember this:

For example Fashion Show charged for both these sets.

http://i34.tinypic.com/33leell.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/1sd1co.jpg

While 77simlane charged for this one:

http://i36.tinypic.com/1g0owg.jpg

So, despite what you say people from Brazil do charge for CC, and DID have paysites.  I don't know why you keep trying to deny that is the case just because they happen to be old or gone now.  My initial point still remains valid:

I suppose it doesn't matter where you come from, there are some who are going to take advantage of the fact that others will pay them for CC. 

So do the posts of others who pointed out, hey, there are at least a few creators from Brazil who charged for CC.  That's all we were trying to say, and it's true, so why are you making an issue of it?

ETA:  Here is what is in the object description of the Justline Set by Giselle:

This object is part of a donation set from Fashion Show.
Thank you for your donation.

by Giselle
http://www.fashion-show.org/
« Last Edit: 2008 October 12, 19:44:53 by Sherry » Logged

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
nixy
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #736 on: 2008 October 12, 19:47:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted in the news thread at TSR that was supposed to settle the BASELESS RUMORS spread by HATERS about the info-sharing that wasn't happening (well, only with five names, but those five DESERVED IT) and, to my surprise, my account was not immediately banned. In fact, it was not banned for several days, and technically I suppose it hasn't been banned at all, since as of today I can log in, but I have no download buttons even visible to me for either pay or free items. So, for all intents and purposes, I am indeed banned...but if anyone wants to look up the profiles of those who posted in the info-sharing thread, I'm guessing that I will still appear to be a member, and TSR will appear to be incredibly fair-minded toward those who oppose them. This actually surprises me as being kind of smart strategy-wise. If anyone is willing to check my ban status, the account name is lindsaybluth

Has anyone else who posted in that thread experienced this same sort of non-ban banning?

FWIW, I do have some screenshots of the early part of that thread that I believe shows a bit more than I've seen here or elsewhere: http://nixypixel.livejournal.com/1769.html

(This link may have been posted earlier in the thread; my apologies if so. Someone was going to do it instead of me - I don't see it, but that doesn't mean I didn't just miss it. )

I bailed out at that point since Steve was taking an awfully long time to respond and I was just spinning my wheels getting more and more upset. However, I think the rest of the thread is pretty well covered by the caps already posted and linked here.

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #737 on: 2008 October 12, 19:54:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for those screenshots nixy. Smiley

I've saved all the ones I've found, and I screenied the whole thing before it was bahleeted.  I'll try to cobble the whole thread together in an image that is cohesive. Just not today. Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #738 on: 2008 October 12, 20:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Nixy, both for the screen shots and for actually standing up and saying something.

I doesn't surprise me that Thomas is doing this, 'not banning' while actually banning, after all everything over there is all about appearances.  It's why they take such care to remove and edit out the smallest signs of dissent to begin with. 

It's funny because in some of the posts, you can see he is referring to someone, or something that has no mention in the posts above it, or in any of the other posts that are actually visible so you have to know it's been something that has been since removed. 

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #739 on: 2008 October 12, 20:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted in the news thread at TSR that was supposed to settle the BASELESS RUMORS spread by HATERS about the info-sharing that wasn't happening (well, only with five names, but those five DESERVED IT) and, to my surprise, my account was not immediately banned. In fact, it was not banned for several days, and technically I suppose it hasn't been banned at all, since as of today I can log in, but I have no download buttons even visible to me for either pay or free items. So, for all intents and purposes, I am indeed banned...but if anyone wants to look up the profiles of those who posted in the info-sharing thread, I'm guessing that I will still appear to be a member, and TSR will appear to be incredibly fair-minded toward those who oppose them. This actually surprises me as being kind of smart strategy-wise. If anyone is willing to check my ban status, the account name is lindsaybluth

Has anyone else who posted in that thread experienced this same sort of non-ban banning?

FWIW, I do have some screenshots of the early part of that thread that I believe shows a bit more than I've seen here or elsewhere: http://nixypixel.livejournal.com/1769.html

(This link may have been posted earlier in the thread; my apologies if so. Someone was going to do it instead of me - I don't see it, but that doesn't mean I didn't just miss it. )

I bailed out at that point since Steve was taking an awfully long time to respond and I was just spinning my wheels getting more and more upset. However, I think the rest of the thread is pretty well covered by the caps already posted and linked here.

That's weird.  I posted in the same thread as you.  I went and checked.  I can log in just fine and my download buttons appear (though I didn't try to download anything).  Either you've been banned or the tsr site is just acting wonky.

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
nixy
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #740 on: 2008 October 12, 20:24:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're so quick to remove any signs of dissent...and yet they're so sloppy about it. Fortunately for them, I suppose, their core users seem to be militantly ignornant and proud of it. I suspect that when either Steve or Thomas is under the misimpression that he has managed to put together an especially clever or cutting rebuttal to a deleted post, pride compels him to include these cryptic references so that the original poster will recognize the punishment as crafted especially for them, and will burn with the shame of the presumed smackdown.

And while I was typing this, ValancySterling posted, and I checked my account again.  Now I do see buttons for both free and pay items. They definitely were not there earlier, but it certainly could have been site wonkiness and not specific to my account.

daniyagami
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #741 on: 2008 October 12, 20:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And while I was typing this, ValancySterling posted, and I checked my account again.  Now I do see buttons for both free and pay items. They definitely were not there earlier, but it certainly could have been site wonkiness and not specific to my account.
I wish I could test this.
Nixy I had problems with the downloads button in the latest 2 weeks and I didnīt posted in that thread. I suppose the problem is the site acting wonky. I logged in and logged out but no buttons available to me. I even checked my antispyware/antibots/etc to see if I was blocking something that was avoiding me to see the downloads button but it wasnīt related to this.
A couple atempts later I could see the buttons and download normally.
I wonder if they are setting some new system... Hm.

So, despite what you say people from Brazil do charge for CC, and DID have paysites.  I don't know why you keep trying to deny that is the case just because they happen to be old or gone now.  My initial point still remains valid:
I wonīt argue with you about this anymore. I do a important big work here about this issue and I wonīt compromise this work just to prove anything to you. So, just drop it, ok?
Just a tip: click on the fashion show site link that you provided Wink
« Last Edit: 2008 October 12, 20:31:55 by daniyagami » Logged

Corsair: a pirate who be makin' his berth in the Med-...Medi-...that sea 'tween Spain and Africa, aye!
ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #742 on: 2008 October 12, 20:36:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I remember the other thing I wanted to post.  A while ago, I was having trouble finding a certain Cruella dress I used in story I was making.  I assumed that I either got it from the booty or it was free on TSR.  Well, it wasn't free and I couldn't find it on the booty.  I posted here (in the questions about the booty thread--I'm a good pirate, I read the FAQ) because I thought maybe I missed it or it was taken down. 

Anyways, someone (not a regular poster) pm'd me offering to e-mail it to me.  I said sure and gave them my "junk" e-mail account.  Well, I went to scan the file and download it, I got a virius warning (so I didn't).  I didn't think much of it at the time, but now after reading all this, I'm wondering if it was someone from TSR.  I deleted the pm's some time ago, but I still have the e-mail.

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: 2008 October 12, 20:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The people on the TSR thread hate anyone getting any kind of information that isn't directly from them. They just cannot stand it. Too bad there's not a library around for them to burn.

I don't know how much longer I can read their crap. It's not so much that they're wrong and morally bankrupt. It's the STUPID. Oh my god the stupid. I can't recall ever seeing anything so stupid. It ows.

Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #744 on: 2008 October 12, 20:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The people on the TSR thread hate anyone getting any kind of information that isn't directly from them. They just cannot stand it. Too bad there's not a library around for them to burn.

I don't know how much longer I can read their crap. It's not so much that they're wrong and morally bankrupt. It's the STUPID. Oh my god the stupid. I can't recall ever seeing anything so stupid. It ows.

Well, when I first saw the coconut LiveJournal, I went into my TSR account and looked at my PM's.  I have a ton of them between me and Atwa from 2007.  I have some between me and Thomas.  They are scary.  I might be persuaded to post them, but I don't want to steal Coconut's thunder. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Metatwaddle
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: 2008 October 12, 20:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted it somewhere, but I think it's buried somewhere. Page 41 or so, maybe?

"That's such a nasty fucking word. I'm so damn glad it was censored! It would have shat me to have seen such a cocksucking term as 'prick!'" --Deelink
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: 2008 October 12, 20:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to see those, tomato. Maybe after coconut's done with the screenshots?

It's almost sad how little they know about what actually drives PMBD and the free, filesharing community generally. Here's a tip, dummies: we don't care how much attention you pay to us. Yes, your drama makes us laugh, but we don't care about it. Believe it or not, we'd actually despise you less if you were less dramawhorish. We'd still oppose you though, because what you are doing is wrong. Another tip: we're as jealous of you as we are of the crazy bum who hangs out in front of the liquor store.

It seems many of them actually can't see the difference between making money legally and ethically, making it illegally and unethically, and donating freely to help something you care about. They're like a mafioso claiming he's just like the person running the small bookstore down the street or the person who asks for money for a charity.

dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: 2008 October 12, 21:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please post them, Paleo.  It's a public service.   They need to be revealed in their true gruesomeness.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 12, 22:30:37 by dietofworms » Logged

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
nixy
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #748 on: 2008 October 12, 21:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted it somewhere, but I think it's buried somewhere. Page 41 or so, maybe?

Well, belated thanks for doing so Smiley  I did skim over some of the parts of the thread that seemed to be more a personal discussion/argument than related specifically to the topic, so I probably missed it in there.

And yes, Paleo, you ought to post them. I don't think there's actually any thunder limit to be concerned about. Cheesy

crookedragdoll
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: 2008 October 12, 21:42:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to intrude but I'm in need of some help here:

http://community.livejournal.com/thesims2/5912551.html?view=47776999#t47776999

Someone posted about Coconut's revelations on the main Sims 2 community on LJ (about time!) but we seem to have a very verbose TSR supporter there, too. English is not my first language and my argumentative skills are not that good (I don't have all the info at hand, either) so I thought one of you, mighty pirates, could go there and clarify a few points about the info sharing matter.

Edited -with some difficulties- for stupidly bad grammar.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 12, 21:51:59 by crookedragdoll » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: