PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 11:34:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1069832 times)
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
Re: Habitat43 News! Sharing Information!
« Reply #720 on: 2008 October 12, 16:34:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm actually getting serious giggles from this.  They are nasty and hateful, so of course -we- are too.  Do none of them see that threatening illegal activites makes -them- the baddies?
This is for you lurking TSR spies

I do not hate anyone.  I do not hate the people who run paysties.  I just think you are the slime that collects at the bottom of a pond, and I feel sorry for you for being such stupid, greedy examples of humanity.  When you grow up, then we can talk.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: 2008 October 12, 16:34:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I say lets just go for the cheap russain import vodka.  The resulting blindness should solve the post issue. Yay for chugging
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #722 on: 2008 October 12, 16:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are nasty and hateful, so of course -we- are too. 

Actually, they're worse - they do this in private - here anyone can read this and form an opinion of us based on posts.  With them, they're all sweet as pie in public and nasty, nasty people in private.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #723 on: 2008 October 12, 16:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

" Tom does not want to be seen or caught  openly egging them on to attack websites,  nor does he want them to stop, He can't admit anything so it's best to say nothing.

Atwa is unsure what to do, should she let them in on the TSR secret. Tom says she can't, so she decided to take a vow of silence."

How about posting something to prove this?  Smiley  Are there other threads where FA's decide to mass download/DDOS etc. free sites?

I just think they want to give themselves an excuse for downloading the booty.  Downloading to destroy it is the oldest excuse of all, created by Lyric, followed by research, cuz they are serious scientists.  The funny thing is no one ever downloads their own files.  

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: 2008 October 12, 16:45:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And so, the shitbags manage to sink even lower. Not only are they openly sharing Paypal info, but now they're joking about carrying out server attacks. And, at least in the case of princess padre, attempting to carry them out - no matter how pathetically. Furthermore, that psychotic bitch, NeptuneSuzy is going on about her concern for children - the same ones she attempted to bait and scam - and passing moral judgment on us. My only question is this, when exactly does hell open up and reclaim these freaks?

Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #725 on: 2008 October 12, 17:03:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hear ya Snarky.

I am no Saint, but I'd rather not steal money from children by charging them for CC.  I know being taken advantage of is an important lesson and all but I'd rather not be the a-hole that teaches them that. 

justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: 2008 October 12, 17:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am surprised at how this is getting about.  None of my kids play sims 2 and are not involved in forums.  Yet one of them came in today and asked if I knew about the sims 2 scandal.
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #727 on: 2008 October 12, 17:14:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you ask where they heard of it?  That would be interesting to know.   Wink  Sherry is curious.

dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: 2008 October 12, 17:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And another thing about us is our threads don't get disappeared when not all is sweetness and light (well, not by moderators, anyway). Cheesy  It's seriously beginning to remind me of 1984 around there--facts going down the memory hole and war is peace and all that.  Doubleplusungood. Angry

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: 2008 October 12, 17:22:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you ask where they heard of it?  That would be interesting to know.   Wink  Sherry is curious.

They were at a friends house and talking about it, of course details were sketchy they knew it involved paysites and illegal stuff. He is 15 so I showed him coconuts post and explained what was going on and how it was wrong.  Tomorrow he is going to his friends house armed with web addresses, give it two days and all his mates at school will be talking about it.   

ETA  Explaining to him was a bit worrying, worms no problem he knew about them. DDos no problem.  But the sharing of real names and personal info he found it hard to grasp it was wrong. 
« Last Edit: 2008 October 12, 17:29:43 by justso » Logged
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: 2008 October 12, 17:41:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love when Cadiva said " Given the extremely small percentage of people who even know about or use CC, thier support base is minute."  Doesn't that make thier support base minute as well since they would get their support from the same "extremely small percentageof people"?

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #731 on: 2008 October 12, 17:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks justso.  I can understand him having problems grasping that but it's probably for the better you explained it.  After all it's why it can be so dangerous to have children online because they don't realize the implications certain information can have.  Point is, very rarely can you be sure to really know who someone is online without knowing them in real life first.  Someone needs to explain this to TSR too.  

daniyagami
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #732 on: 2008 October 12, 18:04:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Post 356 is interesting, if not surprising: for the crime of not being all sunshine and lollipops, Thoma$$ deletes a member's account.
How prepotent they are.  Roll Eyes
But as a second thought this shows hos much they were powerless to do such a stupid thing.

There was a Brazilian site back on The Sims 1 days which had some of the prettiest furniture I've ever seen... they're not around for TS2 although I wish they were. If I recall correctly they were free, but they might have had some donation sets. I can't be sure about it, maybe I just ignored the donation sets as I couldn't pay for them. Also, isn't one of the creators in SimGuys Brazilian?
Giselle, for sure, Fashion show. They had a sims 2 site for a while but both kids are in college now and had no time to continue to make stuff. Also, they became too popular and couldnīt afford the site expenses. I never managed to convince them to become file sharing, unfortunatelly.  77 Simlane is Maressa. She is married with a small kid now and she is making concerts (she plays drums) so she is very busy. I didnīt found their sites iin the brazilian sites guide, so I suppose they are down.
I have personal contact with all of them if someone needs to ask anything, they are my personal friends, I know each of them since they were kids (they are now on their 20īs).

I suppose it doesn't matter where you come from, there are some who are going to take advantage of the fact that others will pay them for CC.
Different cultures have different views about what is correct and what is not. It is considered illegal and immoral to manage a paysite here in Brazil. Itīs easy to convince someone who wants to set a pay site to not do it, I did this several times here and it was enough a couple mails.
As a second example, see what happens about asian sites. Chinese donīt care about steal from other sites but they become very angry when they are ripped off (see Teru_K example) specially by koreans because there is a 2000 years of history of tension between China and Korea. Koreans are very suspicious about any foreign, see Daum case. Is part of their culture and historical experiences. I believe thatīs why also that Peggy donīt care about the booty and what the pirates does. She is making a living from sims 2 and donīt care what other people thinks. Japanese are completely closed for all other countries, you rarely heard about japanese sites but they exist and have lovely stuff.  
Russians are big file sharing, incredible organized pirates. I remember how much hard time Simfreaks had with russian boards and how they easily and fast spread my creations when I became file sharing. I used to have contact with a big board leader a nice girl who I was used to send information about file-sharing and how to do it. Simfreaks and TSR tried hard to catch them without much success.
So yes, it makes a lot of difference where people come from because cultural habits and concepts are different. You canīt think that all people from all places are the same, because is not true.

I am no Saint, but I'd rather not steal money from children by charging them for CC.
This is the main reason why I first fought pay sites. I could not stand children complaining that they would love to keep downloading from Simfreaks but could not afford. I honestly donīt know how a paysite member can stand such thing. But I am very known to have a soft heart. I suppose they are completely heartless people.

As a note, the DDoS attack to TSR was real. I know at first hand but I canīt talk about for obvious reasons. And it didnīt happened just once Smiley
But I know at first hand that Simfreaks also made DDoS attacks at least once. It wonīt surprise me if TSR people also did it.

Corsair: a pirate who be makin' his berth in the Med-...Medi-...that sea 'tween Spain and Africa, aye!
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #733 on: 2008 October 12, 18:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So yes, it makes a lot of difference where people come from because cultural habits and concepts are different. You canīt think that all people from all places are the same, because is not true.

I did not say that.  Clearly by saying it doesn't matter what the culture is, I was acknowledging there were cultural differences, just that they don't seem to effect every sims creator immersed in that culture.  Just that greed can eventually get past those difference.  Obviously this is true, despite how most of Brazil feels about charging for sims creations, at least two creators I am aware of from Brazil had paysites.  Becoming popular is not as excuse at all to become a paysite.  If they needed money they could have asked for donations, and if they were indeed popular, they would have received them. 

ETA:  Giselle was very pro paysite, at least publicaly before she even went pay she spoke very openly at Simbella's about it. 

daniyagami
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #734 on: 2008 October 12, 18:53:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clearly by saying it doesn't matter what the culture is, I was acknowledging there were cultural differences
Iīm sorry, I didnīt understood this way. My language limitation, I suppose.

Obviously this is true, despite how most of Brazil feels about charging for sims creations, at least two creators I am aware of from Brazil had paysites.
Sorry but itīs not true but I know most of you donīt have access at brazilian boards or know to read in portuguese. They had donation buttons is not the same as a full paysite. And this last for very few time, the pressure in brazilian boards was huge.

Becoming popular is not as excuse at all to become a paysite.  If they needed money they could have asked for donations
Itīs exactly what they asked for, donations.

Giselle was very pro paysite, at least publicaly before she even went pay she spoke very openly at Simbella's about it. 
To be honest I donīt care what she spoke or post in the past. I know her in person and we talked several times and the whole story is dead already for at least two years. She is not making sims stuff anymore and she is not even playing the game anymore.

The biggest sims 2 site and board here have a very interesting thread sticked at the top called "download Muranoīs glass floor here"  Grin
And they have official brazilian EA support with EA logo and all.  Wink
These kids are who organize sims events here and the downloading blast  Grin

Corsair: a pirate who be makin' his berth in the Med-...Medi-...that sea 'tween Spain and Africa, aye!
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: