PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:44:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 9 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1060123 times)
daniyagami
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Habitat43 News! Sharing Information!
« Reply #675 on: 2008 October 11, 14:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coconut said this at the beginning of his/her post:

"SIDENOTE: For those wondering what Atwa's current position is within TSR, I can tell you it's a paid position in administration."

She's back at TSR now, and getting money for it!

ETA: Oh, ah ... "our friends over there". Yes. Yes. Our first partial confirmation.

Actually, I think it's bigger when you take it in context. He said "...so we can report it privately through our friends over there." That means that they didn't want to use the report form, because then there's the chance that the report would be read by a Maxoid who'd just ignore the report or tell the reporter to go fuck themselves. They wanted to report it privately, to have Steve take the complaint directly to one of the Maxoids who's in TSR's pocket.

This confirmation isn't partial at all.
]

TSR and Simfreaks always had direct contact with EA, since 2000. I know because I read several messages from EA staff posted at the "closed for members" area at Simfreaks board when I was there as a creator, before Simfreaks went pay. Simfreaks and TSR had at that time a very friendly relationship. Heather got access to special tools to make furniture and other customizations all provided by Simsplus owner (I forgot his name) who was once EAxis employee, according to her. Thatīs how Simfreaks and 7Deadly Sims had perfect z channels while most of people were making those handmade. When Simfreaks went pay they had a meeting at EAxis and they were celebrated as a "successfull small business". All of this happened before the EULA changed. At that time Maxis wanted to keep all sites running because this meant, of course, help to sell the game more.
I suppose they still have the same contact and it is not with Maxoids, itīs people from the administrative and develop area. I know I have here, in my country. Maxis always tried to not get involved in paysites discussion because all customized sites helped them to sell the game. Itīs also interesting to notice that there is not paysites in my country, all players support PMDB and freely redistribute stuff from paysites, it was always like this here. It is considered illegal by our laws as any other kind of atempt to "claim copyrights" involving anything from games, they belongs to their developers, end of story.

Corsair: a pirate who be makin' his berth in the Med-...Medi-...that sea 'tween Spain and Africa, aye!
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: 2008 October 11, 14:11:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know Sherrie, when this thing between you and Atwa started, I have to admit that I thought that your constant references to her made you look a bit obsessed.

That's interesting because on the other side of the "fence", here at PMBD, I was thinking the same thing until Sherrie finally posted a screen of a truly vile email Atwat sent her.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: 2008 October 11, 14:12:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just as an aside, for the past few days there have been noticeably fewer people logging in to TSR than there was before. Including the anonymous ones.  

Paleo, please press to get your stuff out of there.  They don't deserve to have it. Angry

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #678 on: 2008 October 11, 14:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dani, I have to ask, where are you from?

And it doesn't surprise me in the least some how, EA has always been rather hypocritical, and I guess Maxis was too.

Oh, and if anyone here actually got banned with a subscription, appeal to paypal - 90% of the time, they will refund your money.  This is above the reporting the crooks for sharing information.  Add insult to injury and get your money back!

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Light_Angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: 2008 October 11, 14:29:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find their "letter" to Mediafire quite ludicrous, especially since the terms of use they linked to is actually the EA Online Privacy Policy/TOU.  (Which has since been updated since August of this year... like it'd really matter either way.  It's a difference between an the actual site ToU and the actual game EULA.)

What they said EA stated:

"EA respects the intellectual property rights of others.  You may not upload or post on EA Online any Content protected by copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights (the "Intellectual Property Rights") unless you are the owner of the Intellectual Property Rights; or (ii) You have the prior written consent of the owner(s) of the Intellectual Property Rights to make such use of the applicable Content."

What EA (*Online*) says concerning that exact passage now, as of August 22nd, 2008:

4.         Intellectual Property Rights

Content on EA Services is owned by EA or EA’s third party licensors and is protected by United States and International copyright, trade dress, patent, and trademark laws, international conventions, and other laws protecting intellectual property and related proprietary rights. You may not copy or download any Content from an EA Service unless you are expressly authorized to do so.

You agree not to remove, obscure, or alter copyright, patent, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices affixed to Content. You may not to sell, license, distribute, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, create derivative works from, or otherwise make unauthorized use of Content. EA reserves all rights in EA owned and licensed Content that are not expressly granted to you in this Terms of Service.

Making unauthorized copies of Content found on EA Services may result in the termination of your EA Account(s), prohibition on use of EA Services, and further legal action. Content owners may take criminal or civil action against you for unauthorized use of intellectual property. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless EA from any unauthorized or illegal conduct by you, or through the use of your Account, on EA Services.

Unless they can prove they're an official third party liscensor, even their little back-up "loophole" has phailed them.  Go team!

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: 2008 October 11, 14:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I PMed Josh, letīs see what he have to say Smiley
Jfade's not gonna say anything because he left on vacation. He's a #grah regular, so already knows about all this.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
karu
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: 2008 October 11, 14:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AWW did I upset the bitches with my little website? my heart bleeds, but it's still there and pops up on a lot of search engines when people search for the sims resource  Grin

As for harassment, banning your wrinkly old ass from my site because you posted death threats in my guestbook hardly constitutes harassment towards yourself, neither does myself calling your creations fuck ugly, you could never prove in a court of law that they were anything but the fuckiest of the ugliest, and you couldn't find a lawer that could keep a straight face while claiming they wasn't. Then there's the little problem about your theft of EA owned products.

As for you hunting down my home address like some kind of stalker, if you ever do find it be sure to call round for coffee next time you befriend yet another unsuspecting english person and impose yourself on them for a visit, that is if you can tear yourself off their computer or get your greedy face out of their refrigorator long enough to leave their house. I'd love to sit and chat with you. In fact if I ever visit sweden I'll be sure to head to Huddinge and take in all the sights you told me about.

So you see I haven't done anything to harass you, in fact you have done nothing but harass me for 2 years simply because I opened my own simsite when you 'ordered' me not to, and being the stupid delusioned freak you are, you thought I would take orders from some turd I'd just stepped in.  Harassment would be if I did something like post your home address on youtube, or posting the PM you made about germans along with your name, address and email, onto every single german forum google can find, or if I said hey anyone who gets in touch with me can have atwa's home address. but I guess you would find something like that really funny, because you sure as hell love it when you and your dream lover share other peoples personal data. my ass, kiss it  Kiss

hey anyone who gets in touch with me can have atwa's home address.

maybe you could post that email she sent you again and a macro could be made of it for simsecrets   Wink
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: 2008 October 11, 15:05:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought Sherrie was obsessed and being a bully, untill Atwa was nicely exposed as being the actual fucknut one. How that woman has lied.

Inactive
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: 2008 October 11, 15:27:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question? Is the EULA that's included with The Sims 2 and all expansions the same EULA as the Content Manager Tool? I HAVE read them both. The reason for my question is that there are posts from some of the TSRninnies that make a big deal about the EULA. They say that it was changed to remove any reference to "non-commercial" (or was it commercial??).

I think for Bon Voyage it changed. But every expansion pack after that, it reverted back. And it was changed to basically exclude whether or not you could sell their products. BUT since it has changed back, anything TSR has from Bon Voyage is fair game to them, but everything before and after is still illegal.

EA's EULA definitely mentions non-commercial use only. Doesn't that EULA cover ALL of their products? The one the ninnies keep pointing to doesn't mention that at all. Of course, that thread is from last year.

That EULA covers the product you agree to. Now they may use the same EULA on every product, but if they decided to use a different one for body shop and a different one for the game, they could.

Honestly, I think they provided that e-mail with more "description" so Mediafire wouldn't have to go asking EA about it. TSR knows if Mediafire asked, the answer would be no. Hell Thomass even admits he had secret EA peoples to ban people for sharing paid content. Of course they woudn't want Mediafire to find out their claims are bogus.

And did I miss the e-mail!? I would love to see it, because I'm a nosy one.  Grin

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
daniyagami
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #684 on: 2008 October 11, 15:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dani, I have to ask, where are you from?
Brazil. Brazilian laws about copyrights are very restrictive. Everything that is made for a game belongs to the game owners there is no such thing as "creators copyrigthts" if something was made for a game. Brazilian kids were the first "pirates" to spread paysites content when the whole paysite issue started. I was one of the persons who tried to educate the kids to respect creators wishes because they didnīt understand how was possible to someone claim any right in a game, the piracy of the game is condemned but downloads are redistributed. People who appear in brazilian foruns to complain are simply banned and threads locked. End of story.
Ask Claw, he had the hardest time, the brazilian kids loved to redistribute 7 Deadly/ 8 Deadly Sins stuff.

And thank you, Pescado, for the information. I know Josh is always busy with study but I really donīt know where he is now. Just in case if he was not aware of this, he is now.

Corsair: a pirate who be makin' his berth in the Med-...Medi-...that sea 'tween Spain and Africa, aye!
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: 2008 October 11, 15:41:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We do seem very popular with Brazilians here. Back when we had country-based stat monitoring, Brazil made up a disproportionate sum of the traffic.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: 2008 October 11, 16:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed bonvoyage on my pc a few minutes ago and I didn't have to agree to the Eula before it installed.  I had to go into body shop to read the Eula and it has non commercial site blah blah.  Yet I remember having to accept the EULA on the others am I remembering wrongly having to accept the Eula on the others. Yep I know I now have suckurom on my pc.
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: 2008 October 11, 17:17:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They claimed the new EULA wasnt ready in time to get it into BV but that it would be in all new EP's.  It never was.  It was posted on the main site in regards to the Content Manager and many assumed, falsely, that it was a universal New EULA!  They were wrong.  The EULA that is included in all of the game related EP's and SP's hasnt changed.  There was a Maxiod that tried to claim that the one that was on the website was going to be for everything but it seems that EA only applied it the Content Manager.  Once again TSR mistakes a Maxoid for and EA executive.  Tisk tisk.  Someone should tell them the difference (you know since they are such pals with them.)

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: 2008 October 11, 17:59:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, instead it was updated December 12, 2007. The new copy is still in AL.

1. License Grant and Terms of Use. 

A. Grant. Through this purchase, you are acquiring and EA grants you a personal, non-exclusive license to install and use the Software for your personal, non-commercial use solely as set forth in this License and the accompanying documentation. Your acquired rights are subject to your compliance with this Agreement. Any commercial use is prohibited. You are expressly prohibited from sub-licensing, renting, leasing or otherwise distributing the Software or rights to use the Software, except by transfer as expressly set forth in paragraph 2 below. The term of your License shall commence on the date that install or otherwise use the Software, and shall end on the earlier of the date that you dispose of the Software; or EA's termination of this License. 
All they've done is make it even more clearn. "Any commercial use is prohibited."

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #689 on: 2008 October 11, 18:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So they've made it more firm. Cheesy

Calalily: You mean Thomas is -nice- enought to -let- her spit?

She keeps it for her collection. Tongue

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: