PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:58:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 9 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1060871 times)
EbonyRye
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Habitat43 News! Sharing Information!
« Reply #615 on: 2008 October 10, 11:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For every non pirate they ban they are essentially creating one.

Your not wrong there Justso my sister is the newest pirate and im sure she will tell all her
friends and they will tell all their friends and so we get a whole new generation of pirates
T$R are eating themselves alive with this stuff, and just think they dug their own graves.

*Sits back with cookies and Rum to watch them dig more* Rum any one???

*Ahhhhh Take from the Greedy Dumb & Riduculous and give to the Nice Smart & Deserving*
Storm
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: 2008 October 10, 12:49:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I asked a lawyer friend of mine about this situation, and those who have had their private information shared have grounds for a lawsuit.

I can’t actually state word for word what he said, mainly because I don’t do lawyer speak well, but as TSR is a business the administration has a requirement to protect sensitive information in regards to the consumers privacy.

It was my understanding that the only way they can release the information that they have been, is if they have been issued a court order. The fact that they released the information in an online forum despite it’s “private status” is really bad, as they cannot guarantee that it will remain private. (heh - obviously, since it has been made public now.) Plus they released the information to an employment staff (the FA’s) who do not have a reason to know said information in order to perform the requirements of their job.

I pointed out that TSR could claim that they have EA’s permission to offer payfiles and he said the lawsuit could then be extended towards EA for failure to insure the privacy of it’s customers, acquired through TSR, as it is their product via the copyright that TSR is selling. 

And ya know, somehow I think EA would have a problem with this since they already have a few class action lawsuits going on…

*heads back to lurker mode*

Edit: way to early to spell well  Wink
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #617 on: 2008 October 10, 14:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The amusing thing is that a goodly number of the people they've "busted" are probably either totally random innocent people, or fictitious individuals created after the Gypsy Edict.

Of course, that's why ordinary subscribers should be absolutely shitting themselves - TSR has said they're pirates, based on what exactly? TSR say so. Don't think it can't happen to any subscriber.

Sorry Calalily I didn't answer earlier I took myself off to learn to screenshot. Got it now by the way.  Now I don't have to ask other people to do it for me.

Don't worry about answering me on time Cheesy It's not as if I expect you all to live here. Tongue

I can't actually state word for word what he said, mainly because I don't do lawyer speak well, but as TSR is a business the administration has a requirement to protect sensitive information in regards to the consumers privacy.

That's what totally is so silly about this.  When it serves their purposes, TSR is uber business like, follow the law, the rules etc. - they love to project that image of professionalism.  When it comes to their internal practices, they're like a bunch of bloody idiots running a poorly administered community party fund or something.

I mean, whatever anyone might say about Pescado, the man is a picture of consistency. *He* follows finite rules for goodness sake - and no one pays him.

Edited for "they're" confusion.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 10, 14:47:39 by calalily » Logged

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Storm
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: 2008 October 10, 14:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't actually state word for word what he said, mainly because I don't do lawyer speak well, but as TSR is a business the administration has a requirement to protect sensitive information in regards to the consumers privacy.

That's what totally is so silly about this.  When it serves their purposes, TSR is uber business like, follow the law, the rules etc. - they love to project that image of professionalism.  When it comes to their internal practices, they're like a bunch of bloody idiots running a poorly administered community party fund or something.

Well, they aren’t exactly known for their intelligence. I’m personally completely surprised they managed to get as far as they have. A perfect example of sheer dumb luck.  Wink
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: 2008 October 10, 15:08:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: post 272 atwat
Have you seen the stupid award of the year thing they're doing..  I actually did vote in it so I could see the result..  as I expected.. I was on top in the category I was nominated in.. :X

Thomas/Steve was leading in one category.. and of course TSR was the leading site in a few others.. (smiley face)

This made me laugh a lot.  Yes, Atwat, you truly are the best of the worst.  Be proud of that.  I liked how you were fishing for votes there amongst your peers.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: 2008 October 10, 15:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*snipped*

She should tell them that their shared fucking information! Are they dumb as hell? Plus a lot of people assume they get their information from Paypal because paypal would have their real name, whereas the chances of their TSR account having their real name, not so high. You would think they would play the whole "The screenshots are fake" bull, at least then they could of had a leg to stand on in the first page.

And no it's not speculation. It's the truth. When I started this thread we had proof that Sasi was threaten to share information. We had proof that paysites had done it before. We had good reason to believe they were doing it again. They just need to get the fuck over themselves.

And staff members!? Nice to see that a 16 year old CHILD is a staff member! Nice to see that everyone and grandmothers twice removed cousin by marriage who was fucking adopted is a staff member! Hell if jfade wasn't a FA and was only a mod, then all the mods had access to that board as well. Funny how the list of people getting to see that thread grows longer and longer.  Roll Eyes

And how professional to say "we only share pirates information." That doesn't make it any better twats! Whether it is a pirate, Jesus, or your mother! It is still someone's information that was not theirs to share. End of story.

I love how they ridicule PMBD for donation drives. Did we sell anything? No. Did we make people pay a fee to download? No. Do we have a super sekrit forum where we share peoples information because we think they own paysites? No. Just get the fuck over it.

Am I the only one who thinks they are overly paranoid about our "private" board as well?

Oh and Cala, sorry I missed it, but I'm glad we are on good terms now.  Kiss

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
KatrinaHighKick
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: 2008 October 10, 15:31:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do we have a super sekrit forum where we share peoples information because we think they own paysites? No. Just get the fuck over it.

I loved this part, for some reason (yeah, I'm easily amused)

Paysites? Just say Arr!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: 2008 October 10, 15:45:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

>.<

I didn't know that jfade was at TSR until today.  I assumed since he was sorta a regular at MATY (he posted the Compressorizer there) that he had never set a toe in that cesspit.
MSBarrows posts periodically at MATY, and another member who is a regular at MATY also contributes challenges to TSR. There is definite blurring. It's hard for me to understand supporting TSR after you've clicked the newsbox and been schooled, but I guess that proves one thing: everyone is capable of making their own mind.

I pointed out that TSR could claim that they have EA’s permission to offer payfiles and he said the lawsuit could then be extended towards EA for failure to insure the privacy of it’s customers, acquired through TSR, as it is their product via the copyright that TSR is selling. 
The problem (for TSR) is that unless they have some super-secret document from EA stating that they can sell CC despite the EULA, that they are a special snowflake, TSR can claim all they want but it would be disproved easily in court. And if they did have something in writing from EA, you know their problems would easily be solved by simply sharing that. But they don't. Hence, herring. They only make remarks about "meetings with EA staff" and "long-time relationships", which are conveniently favorable to them but lack the legal clout of being on paper and signed. I can claim that everyone here is required to pay me tribute in the amount of one pie/week and $500 cash, but no one is required to do so unless they agreed to it in writing.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #623 on: 2008 October 10, 17:01:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh, Wolfsim68 sure didn't waste any time jumping in that thread did she? She couldn't have been an FA more than a few days when she made post #269.

edit: According to her minisite she made her creations exclusive to TSR on October 5, 2007. Not sure if that's the same day she became FA or not.

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: 2008 October 10, 17:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had to say this a lot: MATY isn't PMBD. The people there aren't pirates. There's some overlap in membership, Pescado runs both fora, but that's it. Plenty of people there are pro-paysite and anti-pirate.

EA hasn't protected its copyright, and this crap with TSR is why that can become a serious problem for businesses which fail to do so. The people running EA do not know how to run a business; they think buying up companies and sticking ridiculous restrictions on their products is enough, and then they can sit back and watch the money roll in. I think their stupid business practices are about to bite them in the ass.

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: 2008 October 10, 17:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Missbonbon
Do we have a super sekrit forum where we share peoples information because we think they own paysites? No. Just get the fuck over it.

Missbonbon, we're talking about some extremely selfish individuals here. No doubt, they still can't understand what was so bad about risking another person's personal information when their super-speshul sims 2 pixels might have been shared against their wishes (not even EA's - theirs). Even now, they're probably huddled inside their sekrit forum (where they imagine they're even more speshul) attempting - and lamely, judging by the coconut chronicles - to lay the blame for this latest fuckup at everyone's doorstep but their own. They don't get it so I highly doubt they'll be able to get over it.

Nope, the fuckers are gonna have to be smoked out.
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #626 on: 2008 October 10, 18:00:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd say that it's very clear now that they didn't even try to find any real proof once Pescado found a workaround for the junk data they were sticking in the files for identification purposes.  Which also makes it very clear that they weren't ONLY sharing the information of pirates, but downloaders who were "too nice."  Despite the fact that if you make not-nice comments to something a FA made on TSR, they'll probably ban you.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: 2008 October 10, 18:22:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even now, they're probably huddled inside their sekrit forum (where they imagine they're even more speshul) attempting - and lamely, judging by the coconut chronicles - to lay the blame for this latest fuckup at everyone's doorstep but their own. They don't get it so I highly doubt they'll be able to get over it.

Nope, the fuckers are gonna have to be smoked out.
I seriously want to see copies of that, too. But I'd understand if Coconut (or her connection, as Coconut's status is not known) wants to sit on that for a bit.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #628 on: 2008 October 10, 18:25:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even now, they're probably huddled inside their sekrit forum (where they imagine they're even more speshul) attempting - and lamely, judging by the coconut chronicles - to lay the blame for this latest fuckup at everyone's doorstep but their own. They don't get it so I highly doubt they'll be able to get over it.

They're probably sitting there whining at the unfairness of it all.  How coconut is lying to just hurt them. That's certainly the tune on the front page.  Angry

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
gayle_afcb
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #629 on: 2008 October 10, 18:55:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're probably sitting there whining at the unfairness of it all.  How coconut is lying to just hurt them. That's certainly the tune on the front page.  Angry

Oh please Cala - it is so obvious that Cocnut is lying and is spending all day every day photoshopping a whole heap of posts just to make them look bad cos he/she haz no life and is no doubt jealous of Thomas and Atwat's relationship, as we all are of course, it's what makes us all so mean...  Still waiting for them to pull that one  Roll Eyes

Actually the real truth will out - it's all me - I iz a master hacker remember (must be true cos Atwat said so!!) so I must have hacked into their servers, gone into the FA forum and made all of the posts myself by hacking each FA's account in turn and posting in their name, found a way to fake the dates while making sure that I only hacked into accounts of current FA's and cos I iz so skilled managed to perfectly mimic each of theirs writing style and had this huge conversation all with myself just to make Atwat look bad cos that iz what I do  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Grin

It's official - I haz a crazy, paranoid, psychotic internet stalker... Waves to Atwat Tongue

Sims2Artists S2A forum
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: