PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:05:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 8 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1060172 times)
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
Re: Habitat43 News! Sharing Information!
« Reply #600 on: 2008 October 10, 08:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

>.<

I didn't know that jfade was at TSR until today.  I assumed since he was sorta a regular at MATY (he posted the Compressorizer there) that he had never set a toe in that cesspit.

Is he still an FA? How nice of him to condone this kind of crap.

I searched, and he's not anymore, so yay!  But boo because I never thought he was.  It actually makes me sadder when a creator goes pay or has been pay and I didn't know it.

I just looked. He's still in the list of mods at the forum there.

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
EbonyRye
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: 2008 October 10, 08:12:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know im probably going over old ground but sooo many of those that were FA's havent been FA's for a while
and nought of emm said a word. To me thats just cowardice, Like you leave that stinking place and what do
you sign a contract never to reveal T$R secrets . This is pixels we are talking about not top Secret government
coverups or information thats going to ruin a country or anything, get a clue already.

I would hate to be fighting in a real war with one of those dicks beside me or covering my back. Guttless plain
and simple guttless.

*Ahhhhh Take from the Greedy Dumb & Riduculous and give to the Nice Smart & Deserving*
EbonyRye
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: 2008 October 10, 08:21:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok my sister just forwarded me this email in response to the one she sent this morning thought you would like the LOL
He is awaiting a reply, any one want to write something really good for her to mail back, she says she's done and
wont spend another min of her time on them. Give it your best shot and ill send it to her.  Pick it to bits Pirates!!!

Hello,

May i ask what new has happened since you wrote the positive comment?
It is a little bit concerning that the pirate camp seem to be successful with their FUD campaign and i would honestly like to know what you think that we did wrong.

The people who spreads this propaganda has on their agenda to bring TSR down and the "facts" that they pass on are most of the time nothing more than a speculation that has been repeated enough times until it looks like the truth.

Yes we told our staff members in a private section of our forum who the pirates were, their name, username and in some case the email address.
This information comes from our member database and has nothing to do with PayPal.

Consider why they have chosen to say that this is PayPal information.

If you're not a pirate we would never give out your real name or email address to anyone, including private staff forums. We are not "a site that shares the real names of people and their email addresses even if it is with staff" unless with people you mean pirates who downloads our subscriber only content and redistributes it and therefore breaks our terms of use.

The reason we don't go out and fight the speculation on other sites is that we have realized that no matter what we say this group of people just don't want to hear it and will just find ways to use what we say against us in the end.

We can delete your account if you want to, i just wanted to give this another shot.
You seem to be a reasonable person and if nothing else i have at least given you our perspective on this.

Regards,
Johan Isacsson
TSR Support

*Ahhhhh Take from the Greedy Dumb & Riduculous and give to the Nice Smart & Deserving*
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #603 on: 2008 October 10, 08:22:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did I just read right? Someone got banned and listed for just for downloading that idiots wall? WTF, for real?  Shocked

(screens 276 and 277)

If you're not a pirate we would never give out your real name or email address to anyone

That kinda blows that quote out of the water. maybe your sister can ram that up his ass

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: 2008 October 10, 08:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jfade is not an artist. I think they dragooned him into being a forum moderator before they were evil, back when he was 12. Jfades don't actually do art. They just suck a lot.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Redikolous
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: 2008 October 10, 08:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's sadder that they've supported putting someone in danger by ilegally publishing their personal info and afterwards, not alerting anyone or anything.

That's sad too, but an angry-sad.  Cheesy  But it makes me sad for the community when good creators, artists, or what-have-you are pay or with TSR (TSR is just that bad).  When I even see a good creator over there, it makes me sad.  Undecided

This whole mess though?  It's simply sickening.

Why, hello thar!

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #606 on: 2008 October 10, 08:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The people who spreads this propaganda has on their agenda to bring TSR down and the "facts" that they pass on are most of the time nothing more than a speculation that has been repeated enough times until it looks like the truth.

The "facts" in question are in fact screenshots - that's not speculation - it's like photographic evidence in the online world.  

If you're not a pirate we would never give out your real name or email address to anyone, including private staff forums. We are not "a site that shares the real names of people and their email addresses even if it is with staff" unless with people you mean pirates who downloads our subscriber only content and redistributes it and therefore breaks our terms of use.

Except if they think you're a pirate.  Seeing as they take glee in ripping people to peices, in their private forum, there really is no way to "protect" yourself by not being a pirate.  If they get a hint that you are a pirate *whether you are or not* they will publish sensitive information about you with no recourse.  It's not as if they put it to you that you are a pirate, and then give you a chance to dispute it.  And considering how quickly they ban people for not doing what they're told, including expressing concern over these rumours, there's no guarantee they won't bring their quick banhammer down on anyone who they disagree with.

The reason we don't go out and fight the speculation on other sites is that we have realized that no matter what we say this group of people just don't want to hear it and will just find ways to use what we say against us in the end.

Damn straight we don't want to hear it.  They were wrong, and no amount of mealy mouthing is going to make it better - they can't say they didn't know, and they can't even guarantee security of the whole damn thing. If it was secure, it wouldn't have got out dipshits.

Absolutely hilarious:

Quote from: coconut
Post 285: Anyone who downloads from me must be a pirate, adds atwa. she could be right

Damn straight - why would anyone else download it unless they're crazy.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2008 October 10, 08:52:42 by calalily » Logged

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
gayle_afcb
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #607 on: 2008 October 10, 08:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

May i ask what new has happened since you wrote the positive comment?
It is a little bit concerning that the pirate camp seem to be successful with their FUD campaign and i would honestly like to know what you think that we did wrong.

Ummm breached privacy laws and the Human Rights Act for starters

So are you trying to now claim that the facts ie screenshots of you publishing peoples REAL names are fake?

Yes we told our staff members in a private section of our forum who the pirates were, their name, username and in some case the email address.
This information comes from our member database and has nothing to do with PayPal.

Oh no so you ADMIT doing it

Oh so that's ok then, if you THINK someone is a pirate you therefore think it is ok to BREAK THE LAW. Course no-one has ever been falsly accused of anything then have they  Roll Eyes

No the reason you don't go and fight them is because whilst they may have violated your non legally binding TOU, you Have BROKEN THE LAW and been caught out doing so and there is NO JUSTIFICATION for BREAKING THE LAW.

We can delete your account if you want to,

Ummm hello can you not read that is what I asked for!

PS We'll not even get started with how it is illegal for you to sell something you don't own the copyright to without permission.  Have Inge Jones, Peter Jones, Quaxi, Numenor, Wes Howe et al given you permission to sell THEIR copyrighted material from SimPE? They own the copyright for it not you - your creators use THEIR copyrighted materials to make their all to often crap so until you write YOUR OWN VERSION of SimPE and copyright it to TSR for use by your FA's to sell items, still owned by EA games/Maxis and gain in writing a legally binding contract to do so, you have no legal standing...

Jeez I need caffeine!!
« Last Edit: 2008 October 10, 09:46:28 by gayle_afcb » Logged

It's official - I haz a crazy, paranoid, psychotic internet stalker... Waves to Atwat Tongue

Sims2Artists S2A forum
EbonyRye
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: 2008 October 10, 08:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LMFAOOOO i so knew you guys would pick this to bits..*passes Coffee* You type it ill send it
so do your worst and your best,  I cant believe how hard up for subs they must be to be almost
begging for a second chance. I say if you have a membership even a non sub one cancel it!!!!

They are scared really scared!!!

justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: 2008 October 10, 09:33:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[quote author=EbonyRye link=topic=2113.msg114179#msg114179 date=1223626889

Consider why they have chosen to say that this is PayPal information.
[/quote]

this by any chance:

Recieved this email after I posted:

Hi my dear,

I would strongly recommend you not to do what you wrote otherwise we will send out your datas to paypal and all our greedy paysite-friends.

If you look around our site you will see that not every set costs 3,50. And don’t worry about the other subscribers – they got their money refunded today ;-)

Have a nice evening,

Sasi
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #610 on: 2008 October 10, 09:49:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They just don't fucking learn.  Screenshot it, obscure your details and post that justso.  Smiley

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #611 on: 2008 October 10, 10:25:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well even I was shocked at the mob mentality shown today, I thought I'd seen it all, they went totally OTT looking for pirates, accusing people because they downloaded (yea I still can't get over that one), or because they left a nice comment, and even one who had a name that sounded like someone who wasn't even caught sharing. This proves their so called hunt was not to catch file sharers, it was for pure pleasure, they didn't care who they caught, or why.  Just so long as someone was laid out on their cult altar to keep the twats happy, Thomass would catch to order.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #612 on: 2008 October 10, 10:32:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing is, most of their FAs got started on MTS2, or at least a good chunk.  Most of them started there, learned a whole lot from the tutorials, and then when they became big names, got lured to TSR.  I could probably go through and start naming names, except I don't even like going to TSR, because its also extremely poorly designed as far as layout - not peggyzone bad, but bad enough - all the small text hurts my eyes with trying to read it.

So, let's see - pirate=using same crappy AVI, pirate=being a 12 and silly about pirates, pirate=openly supports the freesite that TSR gets tools from, like CEP and pirate=downloading paycrap and saying nice things about it.

The last really gets me the most - its like, we want our monies, but how dare you actually give it to me.   Roll Eyes

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: 2008 October 10, 10:34:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The amusing thing is that a goodly number of the people they've "busted" are probably either totally random innocent people, or fictitious individuals created after the Gypsy Edict.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: 2008 October 10, 11:23:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For every non pirate they ban they are essentially creating one.

Sorry Calalily I didn't answer earlier I took myself off to learn to screenshot. Got it now by the way.  Now I don't have to ask other people to do it for me.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: