PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:45:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1060919 times)
FreeShitOnly
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Habitat43 News! Sharing Information!
« Reply #495 on: 2008 October 08, 17:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He said there were only 5 names that were given out.  Even though ONE name is one too many, I swear I counted a hell of a lot more than just five names.
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #496 on: 2008 October 08, 17:22:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I count 14 including birdshit and sillys 2, and there's still more of the thread we've not seen yet

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #497 on: 2008 October 08, 17:24:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He's so flipping stupid!  In one sentence he goes on explaining how it's not a big deal because this information was only available in a private forum with 'trusted' members, and in the next he acknowledges that his judgment of at least one member of that forum was wrong, but passes it off as a disgruntled FA out for revenge.  Yeah, see the problem is you don't know everyone who has that information as well as you think hun?  His complete lack of concern and/or inability to put two and two together is disgusting.  

The 'discussion' could have taken place without using others real names.  It was wrong, anyway you slice it.  As much as I am sickened by the FA's response to Thomas adding real names, it was Thomas who made them available - he is at fault for sharing private information, no excuses in the world about the amount and conditions in which it was shared will ever change that.    

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #498 on: 2008 October 08, 17:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went ahead and posted a link to Coconut's live journal on the site for the station I DJ for, for City of Heros.  I -know- there are other simmers there, and some of them are my friends and I'd like to keep them from getting scammed by TSR

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: 2008 October 08, 17:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't care what idiots think of me, how happy or sad they are over what I do, etc. Their opinions simply do not matter one way or another. If we change ourselves because we perceive them to be happy over our healthy arguments, they win. TSR is obviously filled with people who think if you disagree with them, you are the enemy. Like all idiots, they operate under the delusion that everyone else is like them. That's their problem, not ours.

I count eleven different names in Toma$$'s beginning red posts. He repeated some of them, probably to make the list look longer than it really was. He knows Atwa, evi et al wouldn't bother to read anyway.

Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
Re: TSR in UR paypal sharing UR real name!
« Reply #500 on: 2008 October 08, 17:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Calalily, I already apologised to you in PM and that was a genuine apology.

You did. I considered that resolved.  Kiss

Kiss I am very glad!

And regarding the TSR Dirt Thread suggestion..
Well, I don't know that that would be successful at all, it will inevitably end up the same as all the others.  But we could make an effort to change the Re: bit in the top of our posts, so that they can be seen from the front page and clicked on, enticing people in. Such as I have (which no one has to stick to my rename protocol).

Jojoba, that's a brilliant idea! Just what we need.

<snip>

We all love to spam, and I'm as guilty as the next, but sometimes it can obscure important info when people keep clicking on a new post and find its just 20 pages on the price of tuna (example) Then when an important post does come along like OMG TSR just sold their database to Crims R Us, we miss it because we stopped clicking new posts 12 pages ago!  

Maybe its own section?  While we're against all paysites, it seems TSR really is our main opponent right now.  Concentrate our efforts on one at a time might do more good than spreading ourselves all over the place.  Once they go down, can move onto the next big culprit, and just change the section name as we go along.

I like this idea and we did have a "TSR is a sucky-assed website" thread where it was mostly ontopic.  However, the great and powerful Pes doesn't like it when threads get too long and he locked it down. I am assuming he would not like a metaTSR thread because that would be probably 300 pages.

All valid points Cal, Paleo, Sherrie, and Reyn. Mm if you are interested in this I would voice these options: #1 public thread were all information is posted and we comment on it. Advantages are that we get to discuss it there in the thread where the information is, but disadvantages are that it can go off topic and attract trolls to derail it.

#2 a locked thread as a sticky, where only mods/staff can add information, or links to information. Advantages are that it will not go off topic, get trolled, can be regularly updated by informed persons, and the information is very easy to grab and the thread would not get too long (so Pescado can not grumble), but disadvantages are that no one else can post in that thread regarding the issues as its locked.

#3 SoggyFox's idea of having a new section purely for information. Advantages would be that the information would be easy to find as it should all be in that section and would therefore be very good for referencing/sourcing, however disadvantages would be that threads could go off topic, come under troll attacks and the rest of it...or there were very strong rules about not going off topic (which I think we've already decided a long time ago that pirates do not like rules  Tongue).  And that this would mean asking and getting Pescado to do so: and the fish only swims when he wants to, so...heh

This is all just a suggestion, so wham and slam it if you want to  Wink

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 2008 October 08, 17:47:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Sherry
He's so flipping stupid!  In one sentence he goes on explaining how it's not a big deal because this information was only available in a private forum with 'trusted' members, and in the next he acknowledges that his judgment of at least one member of that forum was wrong, but passes it off as a disgruntled FA out for revenge.

No surprise there. Considering that coconut has exposed their true personalities for the entire simming world to see, and also what lengths they'd go to to continue leeching of the sims community, all they can do now is lie about it. And in true TSR fashion, they can't even do that convincingly.

Desperate scammers are desperate.

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR in UR paypal sharing UR real name!
« Reply #502 on: 2008 October 08, 17:50:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

#2 a locked thread as a sticky, where only mods/staff can add information, or links to information. Advantages are that it will not go off topic, get trolled, can be regularly updated by informed persons, and the information is very easy to grab and the thread would not get too long (so Pescado can not grumble), but disadvantages are that no one else can post in that thread regarding the issues as its locked.

Locked thread FTW! We can have links all saved, like with the FAQ.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #503 on: 2008 October 08, 17:51:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

cool, I really like the idea of#2, we can still post in 'normal' threads, but and least one thread would be there to preserve the informations and safe from trolls.

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #504 on: 2008 October 08, 17:54:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Locked works as well.  I just think that having everything put together is an awesome idea.  Would mean someone would have to have the ability to go in and add new data as it crops up, but that's easy enough to do.

www.thestormradio.com
Zillah
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #505 on: 2008 October 08, 18:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My response on TSR - lets see how long it lasts:

(clickable)

***Edited. Size matters.****
« Last Edit: 2008 October 08, 18:29:08 by Zillah » Logged

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #506 on: 2008 October 08, 18:25:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't read that - too small.

Love your sig.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 2008 October 08, 18:30:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah uh.. FYI?... The kool aid reference didn't "whiz" over my head ... I got it  Grin Cheesy
Apparently it whizzed over others.

Zillah, this was awesome:
On Oct 8, 2008 Zillah wrote:
    "The information which you refer to was part of a private, internal discussion within TSR..... We have every right to talk about them within our own team. These names were not publicly posted by TSR, nor given to any other website, but were leaked by someone that used to be involved with us" In other words, it was made available to persons who were not administrative staff, had no reason to have access to that data other than as 'spite' or 'revenge', not as a means of banning, restricting access or in any way dealing with the problem at an official, operational-data level, and that information has now been made very public on the web. This bothers me. The information is out there, through the bad judgement and actions of TSR. Don't blame the people who left for disseminating information *you* should never have given them. "The other names are usernames, only 5 are real" Steve, I counted 10 separate individuals listed with 'real names' and 'user names'. You say they violated the TSR TOU. How does that give TSR the right to violate the Paypal TOU by distributing illegal information to people who have no legitimate reason for seeing it? I would have a lot more respect for the administrators at TSR if they would admit they made a very poor decision, apologised and ensured that this would never happpen again rather than trying to justify their actions or move the blame elsewhere. I'm very dissappointed in this sort of unprofessional behaviour.
I have it screenshotted, but at work, just in case. EDIT: And none too slowly, as both Zillah and damama's comments are now gone, though sloppy Thomas replied to them and left his replies up. Obvious censoring.

He's still claiming it wasn't a big deal. I just wonder how he'd feel is it were his full name, e-mail, user-name, and IP number being spread around the internet.
From what I understand, and correct me if I'm wrong, the IP's can usually be used to get information on where the person lives.
This is what I understand as well. Also, repeat my early comment about people having unique names and being easily found via free services like Zabasearch.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 08, 18:41:13 by Zazazu » Logged

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #508 on: 2008 October 08, 18:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It gets bigger when you rub click it.

www.thestormradio.com
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: 2008 October 08, 18:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok then, looks like people like #2 - that was Ash's idea btw, not mine  Cheesy Will look into setting up a locked sticky with news/gossip updates in it!

It gets bigger when you rub click it.

That makes me entirely rethink the use of the word 'soggy' in your username.   Lips sealed

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: