PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:37:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 18 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1060856 times)
justso
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Habitat43 News! Sharing Information!
« Reply #480 on: 2008 October 08, 16:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[

But fuck all of them.

Right now, I'd like to offer my appreciation and sympathy to all those people who put their necks on the line and wound up as fodder for that creepy bunch of pixel-whores. I know it took a lot of courage for you folks to take that risk and your effort has been greatly appreciated. Though many of the names on that list I don't recognize, there are some that I do and seeing you on there was startling. I've even crossed swords with one or two of you (PMBD-Style!) but, regardless, I just want all of you to know how humbled and awed I am by your bravery and generosity. And coconut - thank you as well.

Of all the discussions this one brings it home.  Thankyou
FreeShitOnly
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: 2008 October 08, 16:17:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah uh.. FYI?... The kool aid reference didn't "whiz" over my head ... I got it  Grin Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2008 October 08, 16:27:38 by FreeShitOnly » Logged
ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #482 on: 2008 October 08, 16:18:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reading coconuts latests post made me realize a few things.

1.  While both sides get nasty (and admit it, pirates can be pretty nasty), we somehow know where to draw the line.  I remember back when coconut posted about some of Thomas's personal problems many members here saw that as a line we didn't cross.  And they said so.  And now that Atwa's free, her creations are off-limits for mocking here (though her behavior still isn't).  That's what's so digusting about that thread so far for me.  Not one post suggesting it might be wrong to put personal information on the web or to put "trojans" in downloads.

2.  All "families" have their disagreeaments.  Its how those disagreements are resolved that speak to how healthy that "family" is.  I found it disturbing how they talk about making people SA's "to control them" or "removing" people they don't like.  That is unhealthy to the exteme.  And it just goes to show how bullshit TSR's happy, sunny facade really is.  I'm sure TSR enjoyed the debate that occured here, viewing it as a "victory" and evidence that PMDB is just going to rip itself apart.  What they failed to see was that it was a DEBATE, with a little miscommunication thrown in to make it rather heated.  Neither Calalily nor Aikea at any point pulled a "you're awful, I hate you, go away" on each other.  They kept their communication open until they came too a point where both were satisfied.  I don't know about the FA forums other than that thread, but it seems to me this NEVER happens at TSR.

3.  They seem so desperate to get rid of PMBD, but the funny thing is it would be so simple.  All they would have to do is go free.  As A&G prove, go free and your files are removed.  If the FA's are truly concerned about their artistic integrity and truly their biggest gripe is that they don't want other distributing their work (ie, its not about the money), then make your stuff free.  It will get removed from the booty.  You don't even have to leave TSR--just go free, become an SA or whatever.  Go free and create to your hearts content, knowing that the majority of the community won't distribute your files without your permission.  And if people do, that many of the "pirates" here would be on your side as most of us respect a creators TOU when they are a free creator.

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #483 on: 2008 October 08, 16:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe she was apologizing and you're still being an ass?  Roll Eyes

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #484 on: 2008 October 08, 16:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

3.  They seem so desperate to get rid of PMBD, but the funny thing is it would be so simple.  All they would have to do is go free.  

They are only desperate to be rid of PMBD so they can make more money, which would be a hard feat if they set all their items free. 

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
FreeShitOnly
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: 2008 October 08, 16:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe she was apologizing and you're still being an ass?  Roll Eyes

I took the "ass" out.. My bad.
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #486 on: 2008 October 08, 16:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: Hey and chance someone could edit this thread to include TSR as well as habitat in the thread title? Just so anyone googling after reading TSRs anouncement can find it easily  Grin

Mmm I have an idea: perhaps have a set thread for dumping the dirt on TSR? Just so that its all in the same place, and people can refer to it more easily. Currently we have the information scattered all over the place, and we change topics in threads quite often which does make it hard to follow if you are looking for something in particular. So would be an archive of their bad deeds, so the news on the information sharing, Atwa drama, Aikea&Gelydh leaving, etc are all in the same place. Would make for easier referencing - so when we link outside sites to information, its easier for them to read. Just a thought  Smiley

Edited because I garbled my post badly, bleh. Hope that makes more sense now Wink

Jojoba, that's a brilliant idea! Just what we need.

Maybe its own section?  While we're against all paysites, it seems TSR really is our main opponent right now.  Concentrate our efforts on one at a time might do more good than spreading ourselves all over the place.  Once they go down, can move onto the next big culprit, and just change the section name as we go along.

Exactly! perfect post.  although when they go down, I don't think the others would be a problem somehow  Grin

Like tomato said, we did have a 'sucky ass tsr sucks ass bad and then some' thread, but it got too long and had to be locked. maybe if we had certain spam free threads in there, they wouldn't get as long so fast. We all love to spam, and I'm as guilty as the next, but sometimes it can obscure important info when people keep clicking on a new post and find its just 20 pages on the price of tuna (example) Then when an important post does come along like OMG TSR just sold their database to Crims R Us, we miss it because we stopped clicking new posts 12 pages ago!  I know we would get trolls trying to bait us into spamming out the important stuff (which is why they post) but could we move there posts to a troll bin, where we can beat them up and have some fun without spamming out the stuff they want us to?

As for the fighting, I can tell you for sure, this is what TSR wants. Jojoba hit the nail on the head there. When I was at TSR they loved it when you guys fought, even just a small tiff would have atwat in raptures, and of course Thomass loves the much welcome diversion. He would much rather see Calalily or Aikea take the rap in this thread rather than TSR. Aikea may or may not be classed or want to be classed as a pirate, but in TSR's eyes she most certainly is. a pirate to them is anyone who posts here without a troll badge.

Hell people this is paysites must be destroyed, lets destroy some!

Ok you can stone me now  Sad

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #487 on: 2008 October 08, 16:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But if you read the thread as its being posted, alot of those people are -denying- the spyvirus.  A watermark doesn't carry the same sting as a virus or trojan or whatever.  It might do the same thing, but it doesn't sound the same, and if you don't want to see the filth of their actions, for whatever reason, its not too hard to over look it.

Not being an apologist, though I'm sure it sounds that way.  I'm just pointing out another way of seeing the situation.  Look closely, most of them are denying it exists as a trojan, and likely most of them are clueless as to what their precious watermark is.  Just like many people are still ignorant about what Securom is.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
FreeShitOnly
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: 2008 October 08, 16:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sherrie I swear man.. you're a friggin genius.  No stones coming from me.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: 2008 October 08, 16:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of you totally threw me under the bus. And those that didn't say anything watched it fucking happen, which is just as bad. Even TSR noticed:

You also have to understand that not everyone was online at the time to take up for you, so I know that since I was sleeping then had to work in the morning I missed all of it, and would not like to be considered one for those people who sat back and said nothing. Not everyone can live on PMBD 100 percent of the time. *Tomato said it better than I could have ever said!*  Smiley

Oh, and no, we don't put Trojan files in all of the 900 thousands downloads we serve every day. Nice scaremongering I'm sure, but I don't think our site would still be the biggest in the community after 9 years if we pulled stunts like that!

They are right, they aren't in all the files. But I'm guessing they are in every last subscriber file.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
nixy
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #490 on: 2008 October 08, 16:56:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't see this elsewhere; my apologies if I'm duplicating something in a more appropriate thread.

TSR "addresses" the info-sharing issue.  http://www.thesimsresource.com/news.php?ID=2789

I've asked a perfectly legitimate question, but I'm not expecting any reply.

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR in UR paypal sharing UR real name!
« Reply #491 on: 2008 October 08, 17:07:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do still understand where both you and Aikea were coming from, but you clearly paid a higher price for being honest and questioning rather than just accepting than you should have.  Especially in a forum that prides itself for allowing folks to have their own opinions, even if their opinions are not "popular." 

So the lesson, folks is that some people are still more worthy of excuses than others - the community hasn't changed that much as Sherry points out.

Calalily, I already apologised to you in PM and that was a genuine apology.

You did. I considered that resolved.  Kiss

Cala, my intention was not to throw you under the bus with my  comments.  I'm sorry if you felt as if I did.

Fair enough.

And to deelink, sherrie, Missbonbon, Redikolous, BlackDwarf, EbonyRye and Ry - fair enough. We're good.

I am not going to take responsibility for what happened in this thread, even though I did watch most of it without commenting. 

Kiss I should have made myself clear - just genuinely angry. I was not referring to everyone who read it, but some posters watched it unfold, and when it was determined that I did not "lose" they came out with their no buses here routine.  If they want to be cowards, they're welcome to it - but don't come out and pat yourself (referring to those posters) on the back after it's all over and they've decided there's no personal danger of being on the "wrong side".

There was nothing different than what goes on in any other thread where heated arguments occur. 

Except for the nasty things said about me, sure.  If it was solely disagreement - however heated - I would not have been angry.

I was overly bitchy and I shouldn't have been, for which I apologize.

Apology accepted. Smiley

Mmm I have an idea: perhaps have a set thread for dumping the dirt on TSR? Just so that its all in the same place, and people can refer to it more easily. Currently we have the information scattered all over the place, and we change topics in threads quite often which does make it hard to follow if you are looking for something in particular.

Well, I don't know that that would be successful at all, it will inevitably end up the same as all the others.  But we could make an effort to change the Re: bit in the top of our posts, so that they can be seen from the front page and clicked on, enticing people in. Such as I have (which no one has to stick to my rename protocol).

Did everyone miss this?

Quote from: Shakeshaft post 188
Quite awhile back now long before I was an FA she accused me of using her wall textures to make my own, which I hadn't I used the net like everyone else and I even gave her the link to the site where the textures are.

How much money do you want to bet it's from shutterstock vs. google-possible-copyright-violations?
« Last Edit: 2008 October 09, 05:59:00 by calalily » Logged

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #492 on: 2008 October 08, 17:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He's still claiming it wasn't a big deal. I just wonder how he'd feel is it were his full name, e-mail, user-name, and IP number being spread around the internet.
From what I understand, and correct me if I'm wrong, the IP's can usually be used to get information on where the person lives.
With that number and a real name, you can easily call information or look up an address or phone number.
So if that stuff is spread and someone decides poking on the internet isn't good enough, who's to stop them from calling or going to a persons home to take it up that way?
It's stupid and the more Thomas tries to get himself out of this mess, the worse he looks.
WTG Thomas, keep destroying your own website. Less for the pirates to do, eh?

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #493 on: 2008 October 08, 17:10:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I screened his reply to you, it's only a matter of time before they delete both the question and the reply and return to total denial mode.

http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stevereplyzv8.jpg

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #494 on: 2008 October 08, 17:11:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can in fact find a lot of information on someone with very little information to go on - I used to help a roomie find people for her work at a lawfirm.  I'd never publish any of it and I've forgotten what I found, but it wasn't -that- hard.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: