PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 22:34:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1070558 times)
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Habitat43 News! Sharing Information!
« Reply #465 on: 2008 October 08, 11:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inconvenience?! Shocked

Erm, christ, sorry I'm just a little gobsmacked...

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 2008 October 08, 12:13:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just hope that the example for TSR makes them see what they did goes beyond sharing pixels, fake hurt, and Thomas cashing in.  They need to step outside their forum and secret squirrel gatherings and see what happens in the big bad world outside when laws and rules to keep people safe are ignored. They should be made accountable to every one on that list, but they will continue to live in their denial covered bubble and post stupid random posts on how much money you are saving  subscribing to them because of recession, and don't believe hard evidence just believe what we say.  They seem to have great faith in their brainwashing abilities. I only hope their subscribers let them know otherwise.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #467 on: 2008 October 08, 12:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And those that didn't say anything watched it fucking happen, which is just as bad.

I am not going to take responsibility for what happened in this thread, even though I did watch most of it without commenting.  First off, most of this occurred while I was at work, and while I can glance at snippets, I certainly cannot post from there.  My students would be all pissy about that.   What I read was a heated debate a la MATY, although it became clear that you considered many posts personal attacks and I can see why.  We don't do things here the same way as MATY.  Second, I wasn't that clear as to what you exactly wanted either until you posted your question.  You even stated you probably weren't clear.  I couldn't post that I didn't get it, and even if I could have posted my confusion, it might have been construed as another personal attack and that is not something I would have wanted to happen.  Once I got home, I was too damn tired to deal with all the drama, and it looked like it was over.   Things got heated so quickly I was almost afraid of adding any fuel to the fire no matter how I crafted a reply.   Which is why I posted a quickie after 9 pm my time and then I went to bed.  Once question was posted and answered, it did look like things were mostly understood and cleared up, until I started reading this morning.  Third, you are a grown woman who can defend herself as well as anyone I have ever seen.  You are not a defenseless person who needs someone to come to their rescue.  I respect you too much to think that you need a great defender.  This last part is actually a bit tricky as defending someone can backfire and make the situation even worse, as we have all seen.  On the other hand, at least you would have known someone was in your corner.  I really don't know what to say about that type of situation. 

If you want to think I am "just as bad" then so be it.  If I am next on the hit list around here, so be that too. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 2008 October 08, 12:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*gets out basil*

Brunchetta time!!!

Seriously man, I don't do hugs. But I tip my hats off to everyone who admitted they were wrong, and made clarification easier.  Kiss

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #469 on: 2008 October 08, 13:38:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry too, I was just trying to diffuse things, or staying quiet to avoid from making it worse.  I didn't want to see anyone upset, I never do.  Other people being upset affects me, as a reiki practitioner.

On a complete aside, while I didn't link the name, I did link the avie, even with the differences.  Simtomatic is the one who made those kitchens over at MTS2.  And then after I'd done recolours, whent and changed them around completely so my recolours were crap.  Probably not intentional, but as neat looking as they were, not worth redoing or even to continue using.  I can only imagine his/her stuff has only gone down hill in quality since becoming an FA - and such nasty little comments in that thread.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
TheCucumberpie
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 2008 October 08, 13:56:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of you totally threw me under the bus. And those that didn't say anything watched it fucking happen, which is just as bad.

Since I didn't understand what you wanted from Aikea, what people were arguing about and what Kool-aid had to do with anything, I didn't post in this thread. When I interfere with things I don't understand, they tend to get worse. I think I made the right decision and I'm not going to apologize for that.

tomato said it better.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 2008 October 08, 14:06:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: justso
They need to step outside their forum and secret squirrel gatherings and see what happens in the big bad world outside when laws and rules to keep people safe are ignored.

Seriously, without a doubt, the toughest part of all of this for me has been watching as the greediest, most morally corrupt group of assholes in the entire sims community crowd together and crow over their imagined victories. All while breaking any number of laws themselves. Seeing people like padre333, as he initially feigns reluctance before whipping out the pompoms and becoming one of the biggest cheerleaders of the "hunt", or atwat, as she pathetically attempts to find happiness in the misery of others, has been like watching bad soap opera villains chew up the scenery. As for thomass, I'm now convinced there is just nothing inside of him that will ever be of any benefit to anyone other than himself (His selfishness - let him rot in it).

But fuck all of them.

Right now, I'd like to offer my appreciation and sympathy to all those people who put their necks on the line and wound up as fodder for that creepy bunch of pixel-whores. I know it took a lot of courage for you folks to take that risk and your effort has been greatly appreciated. Though many of the names on that list I don't recognize, there are some that I do and seeing you on there was startling. I've even crossed swords with one or two of you (PMBD-Style!) but, regardless, I just want all of you to know how humbled and awed I am by your bravery and generosity. And coconut - thank you as well.

« Last Edit: 2008 October 08, 14:11:42 by SnarkyShark » Logged
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 2008 October 08, 14:33:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm... I wonder if anyone on that list has been the victim of identity theft.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #473 on: 2008 October 08, 14:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seeing the actual posts makes me even more glad that I am no longer over there.  We (SA's) had no idea that this was going on.  I think we knew bannings were happening, but not the sharing of information.  I know that I would have said something, or at least I hope I would have.  I am saddened that some of the FA's that participated are people that I had contact with and actually kind of liked.  Spaik is one.  I always really liked her.  I am feeling really stupid at the moment for liking any of them.   I do note the absences of some, however.  At least until part IV comes out. 

I don't think Simtomatic was ever a spy, though, even though she has gone back to TSR.  I think (and maybe I am being gullible) that she got disillusioned at Natural Sims because she migrated over there during the shake-up.  I would assume a spy would last longer than she did. 

Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 2008 October 08, 15:02:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: Hey and chance someone could edit this thread to include TSR as well as habitat in the thread title? Just so anyone googling after reading TSRs anouncement can find it easily  Grin

Mmm I have an idea: perhaps have a set thread for dumping the dirt on TSR? Just so that its all in the same place, and people can refer to it more easily. Currently we have the information scattered all over the place, and we change topics in threads quite often which does make it hard to follow if you are looking for something in particular. So would be an archive of their bad deeds, so the news on the information sharing, Atwa drama, Aikea&Gelydh leaving, etc are all in the same place. Would make for easier referencing - so when we link outside sites to information, its easier for them to read. Just a thought  Smiley

Edited because I garbled my post badly, bleh. Hope that makes more sense now Wink
« Last Edit: 2008 October 08, 15:10:06 by Jojoba » Logged

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #475 on: 2008 October 08, 15:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For Cala:   Kiss
Took me forever to catch up on this thread.
I still stand by an earlier statement I made...I'm just a *nasty pirate* but even so, if I'd have seen people sharing actual personal information anywhere, I would have outed them ASAP. It's bullshit. No matter whether someone participated or not, anyone who saw the thread knew it wasn't right and should have spoken up then and there. No ifs ands or buts about it.
And if anyone who did see it and is now against it doesn't atleast say hey, I was wrong and I'm sorry. You're right and I should have done something...well, then, they obviously still don't care much that the info was shared.
One more  Kiss for Cala. She rocks my world and I'm sorry I wasn't around to drag her from under the bus some people felt it right to throw under here.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #476 on: 2008 October 08, 15:12:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: Hey and chance someone could edit this thread to include TSR as well as habitat in the thread title? Just so anyone googling after reading TSRs anouncement can find it easily  Grin

Mmm I have an idea: perhaps have a set thread for dumping the dirt on TSR? Just so that its all in the same place, and people can refer to it more easily. Currently we have the information scattered all over the place, and we change topics in threads quite often which does make it hard to follow if you are looking for something in particular. So would be an archive of their bad deeds, so the news on the information sharing, Atwa drama, Aikea&Gelydh leaving, etc are all in the same place. Would make for easier referencing - so when we link outside sites to information, its easier for them to read. Just a thought  Smiley

Edited because I garbled my post badly, bleh. Hope that makes more sense now Wink

I like this idea and we did have a "TSR is a sucky-assed website" thread where it was mostly ontopic.  However, the great and powerful Pes doesn't like it when threads get too long and he locked it down. I am assuming he would not like a metaTSR thread because that would be probably 300 pages.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #477 on: 2008 October 08, 15:18:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe its own section?  While we're against all paysites, it seems TSR really is our main opponent right now.  Concentrate our efforts on one at a time might do more good than spreading ourselves all over the place.  Once they go down, can move onto the next big culprit, and just change the section name as we go along.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #478 on: 2008 October 08, 15:19:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And those that didn't say anything watched it fucking happen, which is just as bad. Even TSR noticed:

You felt you needed more from AG than I though she needed to give or that in so many words hadn't already said.  I simply disagreed, though I did try my best to stay out of it either way.  I have done it many times, in many other forums, and it's not misconstrued as throwing someone under the bus.  "Throwing someone under the bus" was a term a member used here, and that cocunut pulled to describe the drama here but frankly I think it the idea is BS.  There was nothing different than what goes on in any other thread where heated arguments occur.  

People were agreeing with you, and people were disagreeing with you.  People were siding with AG, and some people wanted more like yourself.  While all this was happening, focus was lost on the main issue - information was being shared at TSR.   That's what Thomas is happy about - that Cala and AG took the focus off his ass and probably still that they are.  

ETA:  Like SoggyFox I am all to ready to get this thread back to TSR.

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 2008 October 08, 16:01:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't trying to throw Calily under any moving vehicles. I got that she had a point, I just considered the issue asked and answered and didn't understand the continued vehemence.

ORLY?

I did not read your posts as carefully as I should have, because  I really didn't see what you wanted from Aikea, to me it looked like you were just comming down on her.
I didn't notice specifics (got lost in the general tone), which is why it seemed like you were beating a dead horse and screaming at it to try harder. So yeah, I went into momma-bear mode. I'm a total bitch when I get protective. You're one of the last people I'd want to do that to. Was I meaner than I should have been? Uh...yeah. Did I miss your acceptance before my second post? Yeah. It may seem like it was several hours to you, but I was catching up on the last few pages at once and must have missed what you said. I don't sit in these forums all day. I generally am catching up on day-old or even three-day-old news, and I generally try to keep my mouth shut when I do so. I already said I screwed that up.  Actually, I think the post you quoted of mine was before that, but then I did my little joking "we all suck and I apologize" after you'd accepted. Or something.

'Tever. I was overly bitchy and I shouldn't have been, for which I apologize. You've had what question you wanted answered from Aikea answered and are satisfied. Pretty much everyone is okay with each other. Kool-aid references as a self-mocking dig at an earlier question of analogy choice whizzed over heads. Grr TSR.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: