PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 08:56:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1069824 times)
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
Re: Habitat43 News! Sharing Information!
« Reply #450 on: 2008 October 08, 09:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of you totally threw me under the bus. And those that didn't say anything watched it fucking happen, which is just as bad.

If you feel that I'm in that number, either tossing you under, or letting it happen, I'm sincerely sorry, becasue it wasn't my intention.  As I said in my post earlier, I could see all sides of the situation.  I do see where Aikea is coming from, but I also saw your POV.   You still had some issues with this, and you had every right to bring them up.  As I said before, just because someone changes doesn't mean everyone is obligated to immedietly forgive and forget.   And in all honesty, there are people on that thread that if they came here confessing to have seen the light, I'd be ripping into them like a rabid wolverine.  I don't think Aikea was the worst of the lot, not by far, but still, that doesn't mean you don't have the right to have concerns. 

Even TSR noticed:

TSR is very good at finding victory for themselves.  Much like the Egyptians, when they write their history, you'll never see their defeat, you'll only see the "victories" getting smaller and smaller.  This is not to say you weren't being jumped on, you were.   In some ways, Aikea was too and it did get vicious.  However, even if it had all been a very civil discussion, TSR still would have said that we were all fighting.  In fact, that's one of the things TSR does to twist your head into thinking they're right.  "See? We all get along like milk and honey, while all they do over in that nasty place, is fight, fight, fight!" 

Well, it's awful hard to have a different opinion at TSR.  They just don't allow it.

And for those of you that did teardown, if I wouldn't let Aikea off with shucking responsibility, do you think I'm going to act like the bile you poured out at me was not your fault? Don't even fucking bother with "oh I totally didn't throw you under the bus - I just didn't understand".

I don't know if you consider me a tosser or not, but again, if my post sounded as if I were, I am very sorry about that, it was not my intention. 

I would have more street cred if I'd had a paysite before, really. And that's what totally fucking sucks about this. For the most part, I was the bad guy for asking if responsibility was accepted.

It shouldn't be that way, but I think there is a bit of the prodigal son going on around here.   I always despised that parable, but it does seem to happen in real life.  You have someone who's always been there, always been around, always been great, and they get overlooked.  Meanwhile, when someone who was on the wrong side comes over to your side, some fawning takes place.  It's wrong, but it's human nature to  a lot of folks.

I wasn't trying to throw Calily under any moving vehicles. I got that she had a point, I just considered the issue asked and answered and didn't understand the continued vehemence.

ORLY?

I did not read your posts as carefully as I should have, because  I really didn't see what you wanted from Aikea, to me it looked like you were just comming down on her.  For that I was wrong.  If I wasn't willing to carefully read your posts and reread until I did understand what you were saying, I should have just kept my mouth shut.    I do still understand where both you and Aikea were coming from, but you clearly paid a higher price for being honest and questioning rather than just accepting than you should have.  Especially in a forum that prides itself for allowing folks to have their own opinions, even if their opinions are not "popular." 

I know I'm still sorta a new kid on the block, but if it's worth anything, you have amazing "Forum cred" with me.  You're one of the people that helped me see the real truth about paysites.  Not what "side" I should be on with this, but what the truth really is.   

EDIT: Because it's a "rabid" wolverine, not a "rabbit" wolverine.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 2008 October 08, 09:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Calalily, I already apologised to you in PM and that was a genuine apology. I think we (everyone) fucked up in this thread, and fights came out of misunderstandings. If you still feel miffed, then I'll suggest group pirate hugs...ech.  Wink A lot of people have apologised so far so I hope it is all ok now

Quote from: Coconut..
They are not happy, They have had a vastly large amount of Emails from people questioning subscriptions and people demanding they delete all information they hold on them from the TSR servers. Tom is busy playing this down to the subscribers.

And then, has anyone else seen the News bulletin this morning? Like Coconut says, he tries to play it down (and blame us/pirates/'naysayers')

Quote from: Steve
Subs rates and private data.

You may remember that some time back we linked the subscription rates to the Euro rather than the US Dollar due to the exchange rates effecting site income dramatically. The downside at the time was a slightly higher cost for USA users but it made our accounts far more stable for us to plan around.

The good news is that USA users can now benefit from the increased strength of their currency against the Euro, which means that it's now the cheapest it's been to buy a subscription to TSR since the changes, so you might like to check out the subscriber rates and take advantage of them while they are in your favour!

We would also like to take this opportunity to calm some concerns that people have about our payment processes. The TSR 'naysayers' around the community are trying to stir up trouble again by claiming that we share payment data from our subscribers.

The fact is that wether you use PayPal or our card handling service Bibit, TSR receive no bank or card details whatsoever. That's the point of using a secure service. Your details are handled by them. We get no more than your confirmed name, mail address and most of the money (it costs us to use their services). TSR has never shared any login details of any of the 2 million registered email addresses we have for our members, though many spammers would be very happy to get their hands on them I'm sure!

Your financial data is never seen by TSR and the personal data that you do share with us is safe.

Oh, and no, we don't put Trojan files in all of the 900 thousands downloads we serve every day. Nice scaremongering I'm sure, but I don't think our site would still be the biggest in the community after 9 years if we pulled stunts like that!

Trying to deny it, and blame gossip, is stupid when there are screenshots which show the proof  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 2008 October 08, 09:44:21 by Jojoba » Logged

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

EbonyRye
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 2008 October 08, 09:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didnt throw any one under a bus and wouldnt I have respect for all of you that I have met so far
Especially you Calalily your input and help with the dog & Sac incident was wonderful. As you can see from
earlier posts I turned into a Bitch myself and hated how everyone was treating each other and said
so.

So shall we all get back on track and work on getting T$R shut down for its violation of our privacy
and its theiving evil ways of the paysite twats. We allready know we have them riled up and pissed
i think its time to strike while the irons hot.

Edit: as you can see from the above post Thomarse is getting really worried and so he should
he clearlly states in that that they get names and emails exactly the information he has been sharin
from paypal ect.g
I think he has just shot himself in the foot some one needs to get a screen shot of that!

This is time when we really need to majorly fllood the community with posts and addys in sig tags to the posts
and images and this site so they can see for themselves.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 08, 09:45:15 by EbonyRye » Logged

*Ahhhhh Take from the Greedy Dumb & Riduculous and give to the Nice Smart & Deserving*
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 2008 October 08, 09:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We allready know we have them riled up and pissed i think its time to strike while the irons hot.

More awareness I would say. Subscribers should know exactly what TSR does with their private information, and that TSR have no moral issues with sharing said information. 

sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #454 on: 2008 October 08, 09:54:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR has never shared any login details of any of the 2 million registered email addresses we have for our members, though many spammers would be very happy to get their hands on them I'm sure!

Was that a threat?

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 2008 October 08, 09:58:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: as you can see from the above post Thomarse is getting really worried and so he should
he clearlly states in that that they get names and emails exactly the information he has been sharin
from paypal ect.g
I think he has just shot himself in the foot some one needs to get a screen shot of that!

Screenshot is here http://i37.tinypic.com/2q02dg9.png  Smiley

And yes, as per usual its a badly written post and shoots himself in the foot many times. Particularly the line Sherrie just pointed out - making lame jokes about sharing info with spammers is hardly appropriate  Roll Eyes

deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 2008 October 08, 10:07:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cala, I hope you got my email.  Kiss

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 2008 October 08, 10:14:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the benefit of anyone particularly TSR who thinks nothing bad comes of sharing personal info either willingly or someone doing it for you.

German Man Arrested Over Gamer Murder
A 21-year-old German man arrested by police in relation to the murder of a British internet gaming enthusiast in Nottingham is to face extradition proceedings.

Twenty-year-old Matthew Pyke was found dead in his flat above the Orange Tree pub on North Sherwood Street last Friday.

Mr Pyke, who ran his own online chat forum dedicated to the Nintendo computer strategy game 'Advanced Wars', had been stabbed.

A 21-year-old man from Limburg was arrested in Hunfelden on Wednesday by West-Hessen Police.

It is understood Joanna Witton, 20, the man's girlfriend, found his body in the flat they shared. There were no signs of a break-in, so police believe he may have known his killer.

Nottingham Police yesterday confirmed they had arrested a man in Germany over the killing and a link with the internet was one of several lines of inquiry being pursued.

A spokeswoman for Nottingham Police said: "The suspect is going to Frankfurt for the start of extradition proceedings.

"We are questioning him with German police."

In a statement released through Nottinghamshire Police on Thursday, a spokesman for the German force said: "Limburg-Weilburg police have arrested a 21-year-old man from the rural district of Limburg on suspicion of murder.

"He was arrested by officers from the West-Hessen police headquarters in Hunfelden on suspicion that on 19 September he killed a man in Nottingham with a knife.

"They got to know each other through the internet.

"The man has been extensively interviewed by Limburg CID at the petition of the public prosecutor."

Mr Pyke, originally from Stowmarket in Suffolk, was about to start a degree in Nottingham Trent University. He had been living in the city for two years.

Don't you just wish it was only Spammers who like getting their hands on personal information
Astonished lemons
Banned!

OHAI

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 2008 October 08, 10:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Snipped*

Holy. Fucking. Snarkbag.

I bet Thomass and the whole crew wouldnt even care if someone got indirectly killed because of them.

Angry
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 2008 October 08, 10:31:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this was slightly what I was worried about..  Undecided Hard discussions like this always result in some kind of damage.. it's hard, we treasure the people we do get back from the dark side (Iced Mango, for example) and we worry about them knowing we love them.. Cala, I know you know I don't feel that way.. after we talked I got exactly what you were talking about...

The big thing would be after a decent enough period to let things heal up a bit, we refocus on the main enemies in this whole thing, TSR.. just imho..

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 2008 October 08, 10:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR has never shared any login details of any of the 2 million registered email addresses we have for our members, though many spammers would be very happy to get their hands on them I'm sure!

Was that a threat?

if you look at it in a TSR mentality what this post says is " We are now blaming the people posting this information for anyone on the list we made being spammed to hell.  Right Thomas get spamming"
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #461 on: 2008 October 08, 10:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Snipped*

Holy. Fucking. Snarkbag.

I bet Thomass and the whole crew wouldnt even care if someone got indirectly killed because of them.

Angry

If it was the day before their subs were due? yes he would care,
If it was the day after they paid? not so much,
If it was a non subscriber or ex subsciber? not at all

ETA: Hey and chance someone could edit this thread to include TSR as well as habitat in the thread title? Just so anyone googling after reading TSRs anouncement can find it easily  Grin

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 2008 October 08, 11:15:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not only should others be wary, the likes of Toma$$ should take head from that gamer death - what would he do if someone within his beloved minion, brain-washed grooup crowd was to be harrassed, attacked etc by someone who found out their details and was getting revenge for something? He could loose all his money makers and where would that leave him?

I hope someone scares him a little because of this and he re-thinks his position!

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 2008 October 08, 11:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It didn't end there.  The german guy got the girlfriend's email address and proceeded to email her apologising for any "inconvenience" he had caused her.
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 2008 October 08, 11:32:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cala, my intention was not to throw you under the bus with my  comments.  I'm sorry if you felt as if I did, you are one of the people I admire most around here because you're willing to speak out for what you believe in.  Let's not lose sight of the real enemy here.

Coconut, this is an eye opener to be sure.  I'm stunned by their crassness.  Amazing what people will say when they think their comments are private. Roll Eyes

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: