PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 01:08:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1070566 times)
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
Re: Habitat43 News! Sharing Information!
« Reply #420 on: 2008 October 08, 01:20:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cookies! *nomnomnom**falls over into sugar coma* Oops, shouldn't eat teh cookiez.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
SomethingWittyHere
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 2008 October 08, 02:27:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Allright! Cookies ftw! They taste much better than shoes. They're also much better than kicking yourself. *adds more cookies and rum for all* Sorry I have no pic for that.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 2008 October 08, 02:33:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Adults have responsibility for their actions, even when they belong to a "cult". When people change and own up to responsibility for their actions, then they are acting in a mature and responsible way and...

COOKIES!

I just came from a 4-hour seminar, my brain is tired, and I'm glad to see everything seems to have been sorted out between swashbucklers. Now how do we go about scuttling TSR for good? I can't see Paypal being happy with their behavior.

KatrinaHighKick
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2008 October 08, 02:55:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since we're all mature pirates, I'd like to apologize. I totally misunderstood Calalily's intentions with her post, and when it was clarified that all she wanted was for Aikea to own up to what she did, man did I feel stupid. If that's the case, it was never my intention to throw her under the bus at all.

Now, on to more pleasant subjects... anyone in for some pirate cookies?

Paysites? Just say Arr!
EbonyRye
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 2008 October 08, 03:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*snaffles up a handful a cookies* not in the mood to count calories today.

Ok as for the how to do we bring down T$R i have some thoughts on that.
But is prob better discussed in private where there are no leaks with the right people.

Only one thing I can say in here is to get the word out about the booty where ever you are
put the addy in your sig make a post on your site whatever it takes. If each and every loyal and real pirate
did just that I think the numbers of members would go through the roof.

Just and idea of many but what does an Aussie sheila know any way * laughts at self before someone else does*

*Ahhhhh Take from the Greedy Dumb & Riduculous and give to the Nice Smart & Deserving*
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #425 on: 2008 October 08, 03:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

pssst - Cala's an aussie too, iirc.  Wink

www.thestormradio.com
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 2008 October 08, 03:12:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey I'm Aussie too! Arr!!  Cheesy

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
aikea_guinea
Landlubber

down down down

View Profile WWW
« Reply #427 on: 2008 October 08, 03:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coconut has updated his/her LiveJournal with the screencap of my second and final comment to the thread (which I mentioned previously), as well as TSR's internal reaction to the happenings of the last couple of days.
Redikolous
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 2008 October 08, 03:39:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just came to post that.

Also to say that I'm not throwing Cala under the bus in favor of A&G; I like you both.  Smiley

Why, hello thar!

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #429 on: 2008 October 08, 03:43:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Until I can see it in context, I'm afraid it isn't all that incriminating.  And should we go back to ripping each other's throats out and providing them with a misleading diversion?

www.thestormradio.com
KatrinaHighKick
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 2008 October 08, 03:53:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awwww, they call Pescado "Pesky". How cute  Roll Eyes

Paysites? Just say Arr!
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 2008 October 08, 03:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, these TSR idiots seem to think that filesharers are doing their thing at the behest of someone in power. I think maybe they're projecting. They can't believe that people can actually use their own minds to decide what is right, and choose to do something that may cause themselves a little (very little) pain, to stop something that's wrong. Most filesharers are just doing it to help other people, anyway; I don't think they care about the paysite issue. But helping other people with no tangible reward is incomprehensible to these TSR morons.

Exactly one of them has an avatar that I don't find ugly, by the way Tongue. Why does Chaz want to look like a drag queen? Also, I don't understand Atwa's use of smiley faces. Many of them seem to be non sequiters. Finally, the thread is actually quite dull. It's the same thing over and over and over. No analysis, no disagreement, just a circle jerk, really. I admit, I don't see how this kind of boring dumbness could possibly suck anyone in, in a cultish way.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 08, 04:07:23 by neriana » Logged

Light_Angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 2008 October 08, 04:16:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow... in all honesty, reading the majority of the drama-inducing "super secret personal info swapping" thread made me feel a little ill.  I'm not as surprised about it, since I've read the accusations last year about it, but to see the hard proof and the people who took thrill in the bannings and posting of people's info over lousy pixels being shared (even with proper credits, and no matter how little the info is shared)  is just purely repulsive.  No wonder some other gaming communities see the Sims 2 online community as a joke.  We have so many nuts around that take the whole experience,  try to make it more of a hierarchy of fools who think they have the God-given right to sell virtual content for a game they never participated in making, and (attempt to) silence all who don't agree with them.  I'm probably going to blow my thinly-veiled cover for saying this, as I do say this a lot of the time when things about the Sims get to serious, but these people really need to get off of their high horses... The Sims 2 is just a friggin' game!  They should have more to worry about than people sharing game content files that they believe should be "purchased"... but then again, as a true testament to what I've followed up in the comical and intriguing "Atwat" saga and others like it, I must be expecting a little too much from these people, right?  Anytime they think that posting someone's full name and e-mail equates to making up for their content being shared with everyone else, there's a definite logic problem...

Of course, I'm not saying anything new.  It's just something I'll never get about people like those at TSR and other paysites with the same mentality.  They just enjoy making a game more exclusive and petty than what it's supposed to be, and as much as I love the Sims, the line has to be drawn somewhere. Unfortunately, people like Tom and his crew will keep on, never admitting that they're wrong for pulling this sort of crap, and will always point the blaming finger in the other direction.  Greed never ceases to amaze me.   Undecided
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 2008 October 08, 04:40:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, does anyone have screencaps or evidence of this:
Part 1 and Part 2 of the TSR paypal thread have gone down like a lead balloon at TSR. They are not happy, They have had a vastly large amount of Emails from people questioning subscriptions and people demanding they delete all information they hold on them from the TSR servers. Tom is busy playing this down to the subscribers. Birgit insists that paypal have her back covered, by basically repeating her own words from a post in the later pages of the paypal thread. They have resigned themselves to the fact the full thread will come out. They are questioning my identity, how I got the information, what other threads and info I have and what will be published.   Tom is confident it will all blow over, he's assuring them that I don't have much more and what I do have will pale in insignificance in favor of the public crucifixion of AikeaGuiniea, which they are following and enjoying with bated breath.
Definite giggle-fodder.  Grin

Okay .. last year I did drink some kool aid.. but it was only because there was no more cranberry juice to mix with my vodka..
I don't think you got my analogy. Come on! I was baiting you!

I wasn't trying to throw Calily under any moving vehicles. I got that she had a point, I just considered the issue asked and answered and didn't understand the continued vehemence.

(On a side-note, this happened only 8 days before my birth. If it's gotten to the point that people aren't recognizing the reference, I must really be getting old.)
« Last Edit: 2008 October 08, 04:46:01 by Zazazu » Logged

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #434 on: 2008 October 08, 04:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zaz, I was 11 when it happened, and wouldn't even think of touching kool-aid for a long time after, too.

Did you know there is a neo-psychedelic band that gets part of their name from that?  Brian Jonestown Massacre....Brian Jones I think is from the Rolling Stones, they were playing with words.

www.thestormradio.com
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: