PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 19:58:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1070545 times)
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Habitat43 News! Sharing Information!
« Reply #405 on: 2008 October 07, 20:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, that is totally wrong.  However, was there really much good in offering your IP?  Even if they were giving out your IP address, wasn't it all pretty much just dial up then, so the IP address would change on a regular basis?  As for your real name and the other stuff, that's horrible.  

Nope I had cable so it was static, though I do think at the time, many were still on dial-up so it probably didn't matter for them.  My parents were late to the internets, so they went with what was best at the time, which was the now defunct adelphia service.  

I'm shocked.  No, I'm not saying you're wrong, but I wasn't around at the time.  Yes, I played Sims 1, but I never created and I never really tried to reach out to the community.  I downloaded my stuff, played my game, and kept to myself.   But I'm just having trouble grasping that someone didn't think it was wrong to share personal information on anyone, no matter what the purpose.  

Maybe some people thought it, I dunno, certainly no one said anything that could be interpreted as remotely critical or you were banned and your post was deleted.  I can't imagine TSR is much different now.  People knew about these sites, I am sure Ry remembers them if she is around this thread.  They were closed forums on Ezboard and I first ran into the links at N99.  Blackbook, I don't remember who started that one and later on Bella started one called - and I can't believe I remember this - "As the worm turns"  more specifically geared toward members at the SFV, but again generally as a place do exactly what was being done here.   Paysite owners simply weren't ashamed to hide that they did this sort of thing, it was considered expected if you were caught sharing.  

I think the only difference now are there are a few places, and people, like here that aren't willing to lie down and accept this crap.  Still I wonder how many places are really like this.  I mean as far as I heard Reflex deleted the post that called out Lyric for doing the same exact thing - hopefully most of us remember that incident since it doesn't predate TS2.  How much have things really changed?   

Edit: cause apparently I am dyslexic
« Last Edit: 2008 October 07, 20:34:15 by Sherry » Logged

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 2008 October 07, 21:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu i'm sorry but that was the lamest comparison ever.  Using your OWN analogy, Shino, Atwa and whoever the hell else in that thread who wore cheerleading outfits with a big TSR on the front are just brainwashed little cult members who know not what they do and therefore should be exonerated for their wrongdoing.
The actions of Shino are not the same as the actions of Aikea. There's drinking the koolaid and then there's passing it out. As for Atwa, we all know she was stirring the cyanide in after it being handed to her by Thomass.

Was that a better analogy? Or will nothing work for you, since you apparently have no clue as to how it is for active members over at TSR per below:
And no... I didn't raise my hand to any of that shit.  I've never paid for shit except the base game, a few stuff packs and all EPs.  Why?  Well .. thats in the FAQ here.  I've never believed in paying for CC since day one dude.

The Aikea shit was resolved a few posts above yours man.  
Yeah, I wrote my post before that. Oopsies. I'm happy the major players are now fine.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
FreeShitOnly
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 2008 October 07, 21:41:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't drink kool aid, so therefore, no.  I don't know how it is for active cult members.  As a matter of fact, i'm quite happy I don't know what it's like to be Atwa, or Shino or Suzy... Why the hell would I want to know what it's like to sniff Tommy boy's asscrack everyday?  I have no desire my friend.

My whole point is this... Calalily was justified and didn't deserve to be thrown under the bus, run over by the bus, have the bus put in reverse and then rolled over again.  She's got more street cred around here than that.

ETA...
Okay .. last year I did drink some kool aid.. but it was only because there was no more cranberry juice to mix with my vodka..
« Last Edit: 2008 October 07, 21:46:27 by FreeShitOnly » Logged
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 2008 October 07, 21:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cala, I for one did not throw you under the bus. If all you wanted to do, was hold Aikea to her comments and through her own admission. I am sorry I didn't understand you. I thought you wanted her to explain herself on why she wrote her comments, and I was like, wtf man? You can't do that because who on earth remembers every single piece of motivation that goes on a post? However, having read everything in more detail, I understand now:  Accountability is treated like evidence, so I understand why you wanted a statement.

*takes a deep breath* I don't know how old Aikea is, but frankly everyone matures and comes to realisations every day they are alive on this earth. Aikea said, hey, sometimes you join a clique and find yourself saying things you don't really mean. To the point you forget you said them in the first place. Does that sound a little blase? Sure. However, I think you were a bit to quick to cleave them on that point. I don't blame you for the misunderstandings, I just think you have a very brusque way of interrogating. Not that there is anything wrong with that Cheesy In fact it's why I like you. You took out your cleaver and questioned. Unfortunately a lot of people just saw the cleaver Cheesy
(How's that for a shit analogy? Fucking full of em I am!)

Cala, you're a brave pirate, that's a fact. You have your evidence, and I am glad we have sorted this out. The last thing we need is catching wind that Atwat is licking the screen at this latest development, considering how much she hates both A and G.

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 2008 October 07, 21:50:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just for the record, I would like to not be lumped with everyone throwing Cala under the bus. I would rather find another form of pleasure torture.  Kiss

Honestly I don't think the enemy is Aikea. It's TSR. We are letting Aikea's booboo get in the way of TSR's. She fucked up, and admitted it. I waited for her to say so, and she did. I'm happy. I would rather now focus on TSR and Thomas handing out names like it was candy on Halloween. Hell for all we know they probably are sharing more than just names on their super sekrit forum.

Besides, who hasn't done something in their past they regret? I know I have. Aikea was probably just feeding into the warm fuzzies TSR pretends to hand out. Let's just foxus on TSR and sharing personal information.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 07, 22:11:16 by Missbonbon » Logged

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 2008 October 07, 21:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you know better, You do better.  I think there are many in our community that have demnostrated this and I believe Aikea is one of them.  I know there are many others that can claim to resemble that statement.  Now, I have fresh baked cookies (peanut butter chip) and recently chilled rum enhanced lemonade to go with them.  Anyone want to join me?

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 2008 October 07, 22:12:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First off, I want to apologize for the rashness of the post I made last night. It was rude and could have been handled a lot better if I hadn't flown into a fit of rage, and for that I'm sorry.
...Like I said, if anyone has questions, we want to answer them. That's why we're here, posting. Yes, my being a bitch last night wasn't a good example of that, but it was a rash, hackles raised, defensive response. An unnecessary one at that.

Speaking for myself, apology accepted.
SomethingWittyHere
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 2008 October 07, 23:24:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In regards to Ebonys' sisters' (...former roommates best friends ex-mother-in-law) email the TSR reply went from assuring it's customer in the most soothing voice it could muster to flat out accusing, if not threatening, in the span of a whole sentence.

If a salesperson at a store said that or even if your phone service provider said that I doubt the response from sheeple customers would be so benign.
EbonyRye
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 2008 October 07, 23:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In regards to Ebonys' sisters' (...former roommates best friends ex-mother-in-law) email the TSR reply went from assuring it's customer in the most soothing voice it could muster to flat out accusing, if not threatening, in the span of a whole sentence.

If a salesperson at a store said that or even if your phone service provider said that I doubt the response from sheeple customers would be so benign.

Am I supposed to be insulted confused or complimented??!!??  I am wondering where the witty part is???

Edit: I am also wondering what the so called sheeple reply was, do you know what my sister replied with?
and if so you must be a T$R spy because I didnt post her reply.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 08, 00:04:18 by EbonyRye » Logged

*Ahhhhh Take from the Greedy Dumb & Riduculous and give to the Nice Smart & Deserving*
SomethingWittyHere
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 2008 October 08, 00:09:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No no! I was just commenting on how TSR seems to contradict themselves almost every 5 words, and still marveling that they're still in business despite the lack of anything that resembles 'business-like' behavior (though this is not new, everyone knows this). I just used your post because the email response caught my eye. And because I'm made of fail and I don't know how to do the quotes.

The witty? There was no witty. Unless you mean my name. It's just a placeholder for something extremely clever and witty, like all the cool kids have, feel free to think of whatever you want to replace it with in your head. (this is why I lurk, clearly I must lurk moar

Edit: (I have a feeling the modify button is my new best friend, along with the foot in my mouth) I didn't say anything about your sister's reply. Only what you posted on the page before us. I was talking about TSR's reply to her.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 08, 00:17:34 by SomethingWittyHere » Logged
EbonyRye
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 2008 October 08, 01:00:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tis Ok Im just in high defence mode. Is being a Pirate bitch today sorry. Your right about the email back,
it was all sweet to start then very threatening and acusing. They just lost themselves another customer
and for every customer they loose by word of mouth ten more follow. And any way if T$R really want another
knife in the back we got two for the price of one my sister and I have always shared the account. She is in the bottom end of Aussie
and im way up the top end.. So eat that Thomarse!! Hope you choke on it.

*Ahhhhh Take from the Greedy Dumb & Riduculous and give to the Nice Smart & Deserving*
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 2008 October 08, 01:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: (I have a feeling the modify button is my new best friend, along with the foot in my mouth) I didn't say anything about your sister's reply. Only what you posted on the page before us. I was talking about TSR's reply to her.

You didn't have your foot in your mouth.  I understood your initial post just fine. 

People in this thread are oddly touchy and defensive about anything with their name in it today.. did no one go for a walk?  Angry

ETA:  Have some cookies!

« Last Edit: 2008 October 08, 01:11:20 by missangelica » Logged

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #417 on: 2008 October 08, 01:06:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

.. did no one go for a walk?  Angry

I got on the elliptical.  Endorphins rule.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
EbonyRye
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 2008 October 08, 01:07:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You didn't have your foot in your mouth.  I understood your initial post just fine. 

People in this thread are oddly touchy and defensive about anything with their name in it today.. did no one go for a walk?  Angry

I went for a walk it didnt help, everyone diving all over everyone else today has made me defensive and angry it feels like
decention in the ranks arnt we all supposed to support each other here. We all want the same thing Paysites gone and our
private information safe! *kicks herself in the butt for being a bitch* Rum any one??? Consider it a peace offering.

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 2008 October 08, 01:18:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

.. did no one go for a walk?  Angry

I got on the elliptical.

Hee! Same here. Thirty minutes and then legs and ass after that. I pretty much flew home.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: