PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:06:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1060103 times)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Re: Habitat43 News! Sharing Information!
« Reply #360 on: 2008 October 07, 09:41:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not suggesting we sweep this under the rug, but maybe once we get this sorted we don't recycle it like three week old socks?

That's what I've hoped. It's going to be spread all over the place - is it not better for her to deal with one person on one forum, than dealing with all the sims communities out there?  Would she prefer emails, or guestbooks, or Simsecret? And when it does come up, someone will link here, and it will be over.

Last time I looked, 13 guests were lurking over this thread - to think the questions are ever going to stop is foolish.  They should just be answered.

And that makes all the difference, it seems.  We see Dot, Tug, Padre, Atwa, and Neptune Suzy posting in that thread from the beginning but no one is even attempting to sign their guestbooks or has really delved into it here.  

I just think they're rotten bastards.  I hope that Aikea is not. I don't sign guestbooks - I've been accused of harassing paysite owners, and I have only posted to a guestbook once (Enayla stuff being sold on 2-for-U).  I don't do that, and won't do that.

They've said they weren't involved in the sharing of information, that they didn't know that it was illegal information and thought it was the trackers, and that the thread was largely ignored by her.  

Except she posted.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2008 October 07, 09:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see this as getting a little out of hand. Aikea admits by her own volition that whilst being at TSR it was very much a "brainwashed" existence. The way one would "fit in" would be to follow the anti-pirate code they have over there. I personally do not care what she wrote a year ago, just as she shouldn't care what I wrote about her a year ago. I used her as an example of shitty pay items, which is pretty insulting, and she posted her approval for catching pirates, which is also insulting.  
Do I regret saying those things? I am unsure Cheesy It was just that long ago. She escaped TSR, cleared her head and began to create for the love of the game. Which is ultimately what we want ALL paysite owners to do.

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 2008 October 07, 09:47:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maybe when Aikea starts feeling a bit more comfortable they can come back, and see it's just because people feel understandeably vulnerable about their personal details and maybe just say something simple about being sorry it happened or something and reiterating she just didn't remember?

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2008 October 07, 09:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We see Dot, Tug, Padre, Atwa, and Neptune Suzy posting in that thread from the beginning but no one is even attempting to sign their guestbooks or has really delved into it here.  A&G, however, are here and have been free for a bit so they get the flak?  

Amen.

Aikea and Geldyh already took some yellings earlier about this, why do they need more? They left and created a free site, have involved themselves in the free community, and come over here to post often. I do not understand the need to focus on them so much regarding this...frankly its irritating: you can imagine Atwa and other TSR persons are reading this and laughing at A&G, and thats really not what we want. Aikea (as most of this seems to be directed at her) posted here about this, at GoS, and even other at SimsCave..a guilty person, or one who was intentionally lieing, would not do so. It is not necessary to aim soley on her, when she left TSR and changed her views on many things, and now owns a free site and is involved in file share forums (GoS).

Focus on current FAs rather then exFAs guys, please. In the case of Aikea and Gelydh, they changed and that is something we all understand and appreciate. The focus should not be on them but current FAs/staff, like dear hypocritcal ShinoKCR.

She escaped TSR, cleared her head and began to create for the love of the game. Which is ultimately what we want ALL paysite owners to do.

Eh heh. And thats the bigger picture deelink. Well said  Smiley

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Pirate tARRt
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2008 October 07, 09:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. This whole thing is just... Wow.

Did the idiots at TSR serioulsy think that this wouldn't be caught? Did they not realize that this will hurt them more then us? Wow.

About Aikea's part in this whole mess.

Is it possible that she told the truth about not realizing what this was about? That she acctually just did quickly glance at it and then went off to do something else? Aikea posted in the thread about a week after it was started, and from what it looks like Atwat dragged her into it. Her post is on the third page of the thread, is it possible that Atwat just sent her a link to that page, and Aikea replied without reading the OP again?

I agree on that she did have time to think, and she probably should have thought a bit more before she posted, but we all make mistakes don't we? Plus, we all know that T$R rots your brain and makes you unable of thinking. Wink

But, if she really did think "Ugh, boring list of usernames" when she first looked at the OP, I don't think it's that impossible that she just skipped reading the OP again, and just responded to people "stealing" her stuff.

Either way, I hope that there will be some legal action here. Because this is so much more then just hating on pirates.

ETA:

Oh, and to you people who complains about people talking about Aikea instead of the other FA's. Everyone already knows we hate the other FA's. It's no secret. You know it, I know it, they know it, everyone knows it.

The situation with Aikea isn't as clear tho. What she has said doesn't match whats said in those screenshots. I think people are more likely to discuss something which isn't clear, because they want answers. It also makes for a more interesting discussion.

(Erm... I think I might have done something stupid. What does the little button at the bottom right of my post do? You know, the one which looks like a little pen writing on paper? I thought that was the button to edit my post, but apperantly not. If the phorum explodes, my apologies. Wink )
« Last Edit: 2008 October 07, 10:04:47 by Pirate tARRt » Logged

Rawr!
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2008 October 07, 09:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So why the hell did you ask it? Cause right now, we're talking about sharing personal information.

That question was one of 4. That question itself wasn't about the thread at TSR, but it WAS about how I perceived others feelings about Aikea. The answers to all 4 questions, had I gotten answers to the other 2, would all relate to each other- to me only. All in all, the questions all had to do with Aikea. Aikea's participation in that thread was being discussed..
So, even though that question in itself wasn't about the TSR thread, the question was about Aikea. It may not be relevant to you or anyone else, but it is/was to me and the point I was wanting to make.

Disagreeing with a site owners actions has nothing to do with their site. It may have escaped your notice, but I own a freesite, and calling me to account as you just has is not an attack on my site, but a disagreement with me. So, if you want to follow the rule that way, better get some lube, because you're going to have to take all I dish out, owning a freesite and all.

Aikea wasn't a site owner at the time of that thread was she? Or is it yourself you're talking about? I know you have a freesite. I've been there. I don't get it. I questioned people's attitudes towards Aikea's post in the TSR thread, seeing as I've read how happy people are that she's a freesite owner now, and somehow you took that as "calling you to account"? Well, maybe it was. But, I'm not attacking anyone. I'm human and I'm curious. You're having a freesite doesn't have anything to do with my questions about Aikea. No lube needed. I'm not over-reacting to anything, either.

Redikolous
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2008 October 07, 09:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I've hoped. It's going to be spread all over the place - is it not better for her to deal with one person on one forum, than dealing with all the sims communities out there?  Would she prefer emails, or guestbooks, or Simsecret? And when it does come up, someone will link here, and it will be over.

I think you're being a little optimistic.  No matter if Aikea writes a book here about her exploits on TSR, tons of 12-s will say, "tl;dr" and spout the shit that's been paraphrased.  Don't believe me?  Exhibit A: GoS's "takeover" of Simsecret.  Started with misunderstandings and was "cleared up" but not really.  Ended up with a whole bunch of GoSlings making secrets about us being awesome and others making secrets about "emo geese."  Stupid people still think we "took over" SimSecret even though there are a lot of us with LJs and the number of secrets was dwindling.  Just Saturday someone said that we should make a "gossimsecrets" because they're were three secrets about people from GoS (most of whom had LJs).  An anonymouse also said that we "took over SimSecret."  People still make secrets about A&G being overrated, how their stuff is pretentious, and people fangirling just because they're free.  That's not really going to change much.

Why, hello thar!

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 2008 October 07, 09:58:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did the idiots at TSR serioulsy think that this wouldn't be caught? Did they not realize that this will hurt them more then us? Wow.

They stupidly forgot that a private forum is never private..and with the amount of people who can/could see that thread, it was only a matter of time before it was leaked.

Either way, I hope that there will be some legal action here. Because this is so much more then just hating on pirates.

Mmm well TSR have in a way become a victim of what they see us as - 'absolute hatred', as Padre puts it in that thread. TSR grew such a strong hatred for 'pirates' and became blind because of it..they ignored the Paypal terms and went against their own members' trust, whether these members did file share or not. Dug their own grave.

Eta:

So, even though that question in itself wasn't about the TSR thread, the question was about Aikea. It may not be relevant to you or anyone else, but it is/was to me and the point I was wanting to make.

Then you should have not posted it here, where it was not very relevant as you just said. If you have a question for Aikea then the best place to ask it, is, you know, to Aikea herself.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #368 on: 2008 October 07, 10:08:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That question was one of 4. That question itself wasn't about the thread at TSR, but it WAS about how I perceived others feelings about Aikea. The answers to all 4 questions, had I gotten answers to the other 2, would all relate to each other- to me only. All in all, the questions all had to do with Aikea. Aikea's participation in that thread was being discussed..

Well then I'll answer them all, so that you may glean what you wish.

1) Are there any more posts in that thread that aikea_guinea forgot about?

I don't know. Hence my questions.

2) Is aikea_guinea the only one who posted in that thread who has the guts to come here and talk about it without acting like a 2 year old about it?

Yes, and that's why I asked perfectly acceptable questions - but that's not good enough it seems.  

3) Aren't aikea_guinea's downloads something most everyone here covet?

Not covet, like, and use, and think are great.  

4) Isn't aikea_guinea the same aikea_guinea everyone applauded leaving TSR and being a free site?

Yes.  

I questioned people's attitudes towards Aikea's post in the TSR thread, seeing as I've read how happy people are that she's a freesite owner now, and somehow you took that as "calling you to account"?

Happy she's a free site owner doesn't equal I'll never ask her questions about new information come to light.

You're having a freesite doesn't have anything to do with my questions about Aikea.

And nor does her being free now have anything to do with her actions then.

I think you're being a little optimistic.  No matter if Aikea writes a book here about her exploits on TSR, tons of 12-s will say, "tl;dr" and spout the shit that's been paraphrased.

Not optimistic - realistic.  Without answering the questions, there will be suspicions, secrets and rumours - far more than there would be if she answered without making excuses. I'm disappointed, coconut states they are regretful, I don't see how much more we should secretly want to resolve this, but it seems destined to come up again and again. But as everyone else seems to disagree, I look forward to lurking over this when it comes to fruition and becomes a giant drama bomb at a later date.  

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2008 October 07, 10:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: mustluvcatz on Today at 04:09:20 AM
They've said they weren't involved in the sharing of information, that they didn't know that it was illegal information and thought it was the trackers, and that the thread was largely ignored by her.

I said that? Er..no, don't believe that I did.

Then you should have not posted it here, where it was not very relevant as you just said. If you have a question for Aikea then the best place to ask it, is, you know, to Aikea herself.

Now, THAT I did say. And I said more than that. Leaving out the rest of it doesn't make me look like a noob. Asking that question of Aikea herself wouldn't have made much sense seeing as the question had to do with other's feelings about her. I didn't say the question wasn't relevant- I said that it may not be relevant to anyone other than me. There was a question there I could've asked Aikea in a PM, but I didn't and she answered it. That question is relevant to the discussion seeing as I was wondering if there are any more posts in the TSR thread that she may have forgotten about.

ETA: Calalily, I'm just curious- that's why the posts from me. You're taking offense where none is intended. Before we started quoting each other and replying to those posts, I wasn't pointing at you alone (not doing it now, either) and wanting to know why you're questioning Aikea's motives then or now. Are you the only one who's posted about that? If so, forgive me. I was sure there was more than one person making posts about it. (Believe it or not, it's easy to "ignore" avatars and names when you're reading and reading and reading...)
« Last Edit: 2008 October 07, 10:32:02 by mustluvcatz » Logged
Redikolous
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 2008 October 07, 10:26:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I messed up the quote tags.  Undecided

Why, hello thar!

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #371 on: 2008 October 07, 10:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before we started quoting each other and replying to those posts, I wasn't pointing at you alone (not doing it now, either) and wanting to know why you're questioning Aikea's motives then or now. Are you the only one who's posted about that? If so, forgive me. I was sure there was more than one person making posts about it. (Believe it or not, it's easy to "ignore" avatars and names when you're reading and reading and reading...)

Yep, I'm the only one who has questioned Aikea to her face since her reply.   Titan (I think) did so a couple of pages before her post, a couple of other people were waiting for her part in it and Snarky had a go at Gelydh for her rudeness. 

Visit Calalilysims

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 2008 October 07, 11:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those keeping track, out of the 150 screenshots posted by coconut so far -

The number of posts in which FAs and/or members of TSR management have squeed with delight as subscriber's (including fellow PMBDer's) PayPal information was made public - 150

The number of posts in which FAs and/or members of TSR management have expressed concern about either the legality or morality of posting subscriber's PayPal information - 0

Says it all.

sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: 2008 October 07, 12:18:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those keeping track, out of the 150 screenshots posted by coconut so far -

The number of posts in which FAs and/or members of TSR management have squeed with delight as subscriber's (including fellow PMBDer's) PayPal information was made public - 150

The number of posts in which FAs and/or members of TSR management have expressed concern about either the legality or morality of posting subscriber's PayPal information - 0

Says it all.

LOL snarky, We should have a few wagers on the remaining posts if/when they come. Other wager sugestions would be

Total number of idiotic posts by shino & kcr
Total number of brainless idiot posts by izazo (sp?) aka the 'village idiot'
Total number of times Atwat quotes bruce willis
Largest number of smilies in one post by Atwat
Total number of posts in which Atwat hints she shagged Thomass
Total arogant bastard gloat posts from Thomass
Total number of FA's suffering with feeling unloved issues (LOL@padre333)

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #374 on: 2008 October 07, 12:54:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*catches up*

Okay, WoW private servers aren't illegal.  Blizzard doesn't seem to care so much, since most everyone who plays private servers plays retail as well, and its mostly only useful for pvp or rp, since no one ever bothered to script instances and pve encounters properly.

Now, onto the newer posts.  While a bit biting, Aikea's post read to me as 'Why can't they just buy a subscription?' rather than a 'Oh, lookie, more dramaz!'  While it doesn't mention the illegal posting of RL names, it also isn't gleeful either.

I doubt there are more posts and here is why.  Coconut remarks on how surprised they were to see a post, that he or she didn't even remember there being one, but including it because it needed to be.  If she had posted more, than I'm sure it would have been remembered.

And let's see what part three has in store for us.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: