PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:50:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1060373 times)
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
Re: Habitat43 News! Sharing Information!
« Reply #285 on: 2008 October 06, 18:31:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I wasn't condoning it.  I think saying something nasty to try and look cool is as dumb as doing it for greed.  thing is, the root of the matter is that its neither.  Its for power and the feeling of superiority.  They are being nasty so they can feel good and righteous and oh so smug in how much better they are compared to us 'Pirates'.  The ones who posted aren't even doing it for greed.

And Thomas....he wasn't doing it as a 'Don't let these people have accounts' thing, like for a store with a bouncing check problem.  He was doing it to gloat.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2008 October 06, 19:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Points and laughs at the pathetic TSR clowns who foolishly thought their secret forum would stay a secret.

Nice to see them without the phony masks they wear for their idiot subscribers. Even the "quiet" ones prove why they're totally at home with the rest of the creepy twats. I really hope this is shared with as many simmers as possible.

Also, your commentary is EPIC WIN, Coconut.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 06, 23:46:49 by SnarkyShark » Logged
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2008 October 06, 20:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for making this info public, Coconut.  I'm embarrassed to admit I was once close to some of those clowns.  It's pretty clear that no one there is thinking for herself.  They're too eager to belong to Tom's shitty little club.  It's a classic case of groupthink. Angry

I'm most pissed at Simtomatic because she pwned us.  Hopefully we won't get fooled again.

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 2008 October 06, 21:16:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We didn't get pwned, we sent that little bitch packing. As for their bullshit, wow, makes me realize that that we really must be making their asses hurt if they're going all chicken with the head cut off. Think about it: if we were not making a dent into their bank accounts, do you think they'd go to the lengths they have to identify and punish the people here and at the old SFV?

We've done some damage, we're still doing some damage. They've done some damage, but the difference between the two is that what they've done violates the PayPal terms of use and possibly some laws. And, I know for a fact that some of their employees don't shell out for the games, they go to places like Pirate Bay. I can't quote my source, but it's reliable. Hey, Thomass, who are the pirates now? The ones who follow the EULA of EA Games, or the ones that make a profit using free and stolen programs? Looks to me like you're on the pointy spiked fence, dude, and I hope those sharp things ruin your favorite form of entertainment. Wanker...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: 2008 October 06, 21:19:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden pwns.

www.thestormradio.com
KatrinaHighKick
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2008 October 06, 21:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Total Pwnage

I have one thing to say:

ETA: I suck at BB coding

Paysites? Just say Arr!
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2008 October 06, 21:39:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We've done some damage, we're still doing some damage.

TSR have done a lot of damage to themselves with that thread..when it was revealed about the sharing of information like that it made people very pissed, but now that the posts can fully be seen they are completely screwed. Its the language they use and the bitterness that is so offensive, because its offensive to non sharers, normal subscribers, normal members, and normal downloads in whatever website community. Really offensive. As per usual, TSR has forgotten that public opinion on them and awareness of what the site is like are very important. They are digging themselves their own grave. Every single time something like this is revealed about that site, I feel more and more strongly that they are doing 'our' job and destroying themselves..

And is ShinoKCR, who is shown posting in the screenshots, the same one who came to the Reflex thread and tried to convince people not to be harsh on the FAs because they were not involved??

Eta: it seems it is the same person, how extremely low of them...and very very stupid.

And good to see that Cal has already posted the link over on the Reflex thread. I hope the reaction sinks into TSR staff and FAs exactly what they've been doing, these posts particularly say it well:

Quote from: Originally Posted by meela
Quote from: Originally Posted by Jonesi
Wowsers, those screenshots are quite shocking. It's sad to see the delight in so many FA's posts regarding peoples personal information being shared, thanks for keeping us informed Calalily x
It is shocking and some of those fa names on there really made me think differently about them.

Mm, has this made Sim_Wank yet at all? Or any other sites? I presume its already up at SimCave - I find it deeply ironic that two members who TSR gleed over for catching out (Charlotte and Ferris) then went and formed a file sharing site which has grown very well and is rather popular. Irony. Banning people does not mean they will stop file sharing - it means they get cleverer  Wink
« Last Edit: 2008 October 06, 21:46:59 by Jojoba » Logged

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2008 October 06, 21:52:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it should be simsecreted as well. To try and reach as many people as possible. Hell, if we can even get this onto other forums, not even FSF forums, and spread the word. I think as many people as possible deserve to know about this.

As for what Paden and Cala said, I completely agree. They are all two faced and are doing whatever they can to try and protect their precious monies. I think this information is exactly what we needed to get in a few critical hits to TSR, and hell we didn't even do it! TSR did it to themselves.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Grotesque Sharonicle
Landlubber

My Preciooooooouuusss

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2008 October 06, 21:59:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Omg.  Sad . I just read the IllegalPaypalInfo zip you guys uploaded.
What the hell is wrong with them? This isn't mean, it's freakin' idiotic. Even for them.

I hope someone of those in the "hall of shame" sue their asses.
(Hall of Shame; how creative, hear me roar with laughter : . . . . . . . . . . . . . )

Can somebody get a big juicy fine for this? Or I'm getting too dramatic  Cheesy ?

P.s. Is there a link anywhere to the secret phorum?

Anothar Newb!Oh naaaaaaaaaaay...

+++ Very ghost-alike due to school +++
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: 2008 October 07, 00:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can tell you for sure ONE of those FA's who posted in that thread is a pirate themselves.... from way back when PMBD didn't exist.  They are lucky I don't name names.  Hypocrite. 

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2008 October 07, 00:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the hell is wrong with them? This isn't mean, it's freakin' idiotic. Even for them.

It's both mean and idiotic, Sharonicle. You have a group of total asshats cheering on Thomass as he freely shares the personal information of people who are NOT breaking any laws. It even became a form of entertainment over there (how sick and mean spirited is that?). All of the useless morons who participated in that thread deserve all of the shit they're going to get for it.
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: 2008 October 07, 00:10:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WOW  Shocked I was hooked! The irony of it all is that a lot of the ones that are still in danger of having their personal data shared are the ones that are still financially supporting TSR. Little do they know how their loyalty gets rewarded, Here's hoping a lot of subscribers get to know the truth.

I wonder how long it will be before EA gets wind of this, and if they will look on TSR as the same 'professional' outfit that they pretended to be. It's pretty clear just browsing through a few of those screens, that TSR are exposed as a bunch of thugs, engaging in activities that are both illegal and immoral, by the time you get to the last post, you are left feeling sick to the pit of your stomach. Will EA laugh along with them while they all joke about the trojans they infect people with, even going to the lowest of lows of Atwat making 'trojan' screenshots, and TSR staff uploading and featuring them, while they all laughed in their own downloaders faces. Then we have Thomass smug at stealing 118 days worth of subscription money from ferris, it takes a special kind of smug bastard to brag about that. As expected both Tomass and Atwat seem to be the main ring leaders, but an eyeopener for some is there is certainly no shortage of willing criminals in the crowd, none of them showing an ounce of common decency nor a flicker of hope that your paypal data is safe with any of them.

*snags screenies*  Tongue

ETA
I can tell you for sure ONE of those FA's who posted in that thread is a pirate themselves.... from way back when PMBD didn't exist.  They are lucky I don't name names.  Hypocrite. 

That's TWO if you count fired old hags who get their peggy hair from the booty, ATWAT

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Redikolous
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2008 October 07, 00:12:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wank report here.

Why, hello thar!

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
Souvenirs
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2008 October 07, 00:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What struck me most when reading that thread was just how damn stupid they all sound.  Pirates insulting TSR are almost always witty and clever, but everyone in that TSR thread sounded like a sycophantic idiot.  And these people are running a company?  No wonder it's crashing to the ground.

As unfortunate as the sharing of info was, I hope that this finally gives us "pirates" a legal leg to stand on.  The EULA thing may not get us anywhere (even though it should), but this is definitely illegal, and I bet PayPal is going to be more reactive than EA has been.  This isn't just pixels--it's people's real-life privacy.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: 2008 October 07, 00:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just have one question - is anyone reporting them to Pay-pal.  Preferably the people on the list?

www.thestormradio.com
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: