PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 22:05:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1072024 times)
sleegee
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Habitat43 News! Sharing Information!
« Reply #210 on: 2008 September 22, 15:44:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very true...very true zaz.

You guys need to get the hell off your high horses. Stop sharing personal information, Pirates are NOT Criminals.
Can I say it again, so you can understand? Pirates, in the Sims 2 community, ARE NOT CRIMINALS.
Your two faced, stabs in the dark hoping to catch a shoulder blade is PATHETIC, unethical and underhanded. If you want to fight this war, do it with fucking dignity.
What irks me about this drama is its stubborn greed. They got their money and now they want more? Each and every time someone wants to buy their bloated cube meshes? Fuck you Habitat43

Amen Deelink.   

If they want to fight against the pirates, they can quit hiding behind their piss poor excuses.  I'd ask them to have a little integrity but I'm afraid that they have none.
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2008 September 23, 03:19:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I was building my first apartment complex right, and of course I am having some problems with it, since I suck, and can't decide on layout, colour scheme, blah. So I pull out a random bathtub out of my collection to give me some inspiration, when lo behold:

And that's when I realised it was from Habitat43 (how did that get there? seriously,wtf? I really should Clean Install houses more, considering, in the end I only use them for plans and never actually move Sims in)
So I wonder over to the Habita43 website, thinking to myself, it has to be a free item right? Although in the back of my head, I was truly expecting it to be pay. When I get there I see this:

"Because of some changes in our lives - Steffors stressy academic studies and our jobs we decided to give up our subscription-system. There are new sections where you can find our stuff. Please feel free to use our "Cafe habitat"-Forum if you have any question. We wish you very much fun with our stuff!"

I don't wish to join their forum, so is it a killmark or not? Tongue

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: 2008 September 23, 04:46:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering how much they love money and how many paysites they have, more than a week would be good.  I predict that when they think everyone has forgotten about the information sharing, they go straight back to pay and plead bandwidth.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: 2008 September 23, 07:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I wonder over to the Habita43 website, thinking to myself, it has to be a free item right? Although in the back of my head, I was truly expecting it to be pay. When I get there I see this:

"Because of some changes in our lives - Steffors stressy academic studies and our jobs we decided to give up our subscription-system. There are new sections where you can find our stuff. Please feel free to use our "Cafe habitat"-Forum if you have any question. We wish you very much fun with our stuff!"

I don't wish to join their forum, so is it a killmark or not? Tongue

Well id say not a kill mark seeing as 8 sets are still set as pay.

1 Bathroom
3 Bedrooms
1 Diningroom
3 Livingrooms

I wouldn't doubt that the sets that are still pay are Birgit's. It seems only Sasila & Steffor's stuff were set free.

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2008 September 23, 07:49:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I take my hat off to you WB, for having the patience to navigate that site. I thought it was a static commercial when I googled.
And thanks for the clarification.

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2008 September 23, 17:25:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Goes to prove that Birgit is a greedy bitch.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Titan
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: 2008 September 23, 17:59:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if you seen this WB but, Sasi wrote this in the Reflexsims Forum in the debate thread, regarding her sets.
I would like to say something about this. It's true that I have wrote an email to Pavs and wrote that I would share her datas. But I meant her e-mail-address which I have not from Paypal (I don't have any Paypal-Datas of our subscribers because they are all sent to Birgit). I got Pavs E-Mail-Data from an anterior E-Mail of her and Pavs posted my reply to Simscave. So it was easy for me to detect Pavs as the one who sent me the mail.

Secondly I would like to say that I have not shared Pavs paypal-datas at our FA-Forum.

My English is not very good so I took the word datas instead of a clearer word. When I wrote the email I was very crestfallen and blue because Pavs anterior mails was very nice and I silly thought I had a "piratefriend". So I'm back on the floor. I've set all my sets for free. I have enough of nasty words and fight. I'm so tired - take the sets or not and be happy. I hope my english was good enough that you can understand my words. I'm better in german and italian. Sorry.

It's posted on page 11 of the debate thread, close to the end.  I guess she was telling the truth regarding her sets, at least on Habitat43.  Her downloads on TSR are still pay though, so she's not really going completely free I guess.  I suppose that would have been asking too much of her.  Roll Eyes

oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2008 September 24, 00:23:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if this issue isn't entirely due to MONIES!!! but rather that pay content really IS inferior much of the time?

When I learned about the booty, I admit I downloaded a LOTof the files.

Not because I really wanted them.
Not because I needed them.
Something for free is a good thing, right?

WRONG!
Once I saw them in the game, a lot of it was downright fugly. Bad textures, bleeding, and whatnot. Just all around piss poor. So I had to painstakingly delete almost all of it, one by one, because who can bother to remember filenames of all their downloads?

Yeah, they lose some money through booty, but the greatest thing about this place is how it exposes the lack of quality certain sites want you to THINK they have.

IMHO, none of them are on par with creators like Adele, Bruno, Nouk, (and a vast majority of MTS2, for that matter). I once thought that if you paid for some bench or kitchen set it was the best.

The delusion is gone from my mind. May it never return.

Really, the misers are just afraid that others will see the man behind the curtain, too.
disgruntledmuse
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2008 September 24, 01:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, but what if you are the only person of your name in the world, as am I? Someone shares my real name, and anyone seeing it theoretically could find where I lived using something like Zabasearch (not quite true in my case since for some reason it's not picked up on my current address).

This is so true.  I'm an attorney, and we often find witnesses just by using their names.  There are databases you can use that, just from a name, can ultimately give you address, date of birth, and even social security number, particularly if your name is unusual.  Granted, you're not supposed to use these databases unless you affirm that you're using it for a legitimate purpose, but it's not like they verify that.  Also, it may not be illegal to publish someone's email address in and of itself, but if it's a violation of PayPal's terms of service, they may still be legal action you can pursue.  You might just have to be creative.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: 2008 September 24, 06:15:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really, the misers are just afraid that others will see the man behind the curtain, too.

I agree - I think that this is what freaks them out the most - and those that seem to squeal so much about the booty just don't want to have someone rummaging around in their files or seeing it before they think of giving money.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2008 September 24, 08:24:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know of sites where if you have a name and a general area where they live you can get an address, phone number and other people in that household. if you subscribe you can get more. All done by using electoral register.
HeartOFire
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2008 September 26, 21:35:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope this is the right place to post this...I didn't think a new thread was appropriate.  Apparently, Thoma$$ addressed the issue.  This is from the Cave.  I am putting the link as well as a screenshot for those who are not members.

http://www.simscave.com/ferris/index.php?topic=4670.135

Apparently, he thinks its o.k. if you give the information out to only some people. What an ass!

Edited to add:  This is a screenshot from within the thread.  It didn't copy the actual post. 

Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2008 September 26, 21:52:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Classic cop out attempt number two. If sending the FAs over to apologise does not do it, pretend that the evil pirates are spreading lies. Poor ploy Thomas.

TSR cares nothing for the privacy of its members, and the trust of its own customers. That thread is sharing personal information which is illegal, as per the PayPal agreement, and is against basic trust. Usernames, real names, and email addresses are all listed and given to other paysites...How he thinks he can pretend and manipulate people into thinking that that was the right thing to do is beyond me.

However, as desperate attempt it is, it does show that they are losing subscriptions fast and that this is having an effect on them so -insert some sort of evil grin here-

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

disgruntledmuse
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2008 September 26, 23:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it is posted on a "private" section of the site that only people who have no obligation to keep the information secret have access to.  That should make everything okay!  I sure am glad to hear their side of the story. 

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2008 September 27, 00:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He figures he only needs to confess to what's on those two images. But we all know it was alot more and alot larger than just those few posts, and a huge amount of people had acces.
I'm not surprised that one of the things TSR uses to lure over other paysite owners is to say: "We'll share this info with you so you can safe your sorry site, but you need to submit some of your work." Maybe not in so many words, but that's what it boils down to.

Inactive
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: