PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:00:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 9 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1060873 times)
Titan
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Habitat43 News! Sharing Information!
« Reply #195 on: 2008 September 19, 21:20:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I'm blind, but I do believe there is no longer any free stuff at Habitat43.

The kiddies took their marbles and went home.  Grin

Also, if Sasilia said she set all her TSR sets free, either she lied or TSR just hasn't gotten around to it yet, because the newer ones are still pay.

If you go here you will find the free items on their site.  They are still throughout the site but, they do show them on their own now, as well.

As for what Sasi said on the Reflex forum, IMO she's trying to back track on her threats and just say that this was one big misunderstanding.  I say Sasi is full of Bullshit on this and is just worried that she blew her big mouth off too fast.

Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: 2008 September 19, 21:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your absolutely correct Titan & i couldn't agree with you more. She's trying to cover up her tracks & then the topper throws it all on birgit LOL

I wonder who this witchy is that lyric was responding too? Tongue
« Last Edit: 2008 September 20, 02:45:19 by WB » Logged

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

Astonished lemons
Banned!

OHAI

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2008 September 19, 22:14:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A person named 'witchboy' who was debunking her.
Titan
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: 2008 September 19, 23:06:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a post over at SimsCave; that may answer why Sasi is trying to take back her previous statements, and is trying to make nice with the community now.

We both also feel and seem to think that sasilia is very nervous and uptight about all the legality thats going on in the background, not just via pay pal but also the solicitors within the uk have been involved.  It is time this was brought to a conclusion.

It annoys me she has quite freely passed on pavs email addy, although it is of no concern as pavs has changed his email and company via his internet provider.  His credit card details have been amended and switched by pay pal.  He is in full communication via his solicitors and pay pal.

He did not want any of this to happen, nor did I, all over a few pixels for a game.  Although it was not illegal to share as it state in eula rights.  It seems a damn shame he was threatened because he was going to share.  We both thought long and hard over the decision and I uploaded the sets and shared from the both of us.

We are not bothered about how habitat43 is about this, nor do we care anymore.  At the end of the day what Sasilia has decided to do should be stopped at all costs so it will not happen to anyone else.   Had she asked from the beginning the reason why etc, this whole situation might not have arisen.
http://www.simscave.com/ferris/index.php?topic=4670.15

Maybe she's hoping; that if she plays the misunderstood card and giving away the CC for free, everyone will forgive and forget and hopefully this whole thing will blow over.
From the sounds of it though, it does appear that Pavs and Cheeky Monkey are not going to let this go, thank God.

Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: 2008 September 20, 00:05:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I received a response from Attorney Andrew Jaffe on the questions i had asked by e-mail. Here is what he basicaly told me by phone.

Do Sims 2 pay sites who create Custom Content for the game own any copyright what so ever over said content?
There is no intellectual copyright for these items. Once the item is created & put into a ea/maxis package format for the game the copyright reverts automatically back to EA.

Why you must add the "This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensor's. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensor's. All Rights Reserved."

So EA is not liable for said sites & or services.

Why EA doesn't stop Paysites?

EA has not stepped in to stop it because it would behoove them to do so seeing as both pay sites & freesites help sell their product. But EA could step in at anytime, say all of this is ours & you must cease & desist.

Is the sharing of personal pay pal info between owners of Sims 2 paysites illegal?

Sharing of e-mail address & screen names is not illegal. As long as their not sharing banking, credit card, real name & address info. That would then make it illegal.

« Last Edit: 2008 September 20, 01:33:34 by WB » Logged

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*

crunk
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: 2008 September 20, 00:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The way I understand it is this (and I read this example, probably on reflex, so sorry if I'm using the enemy's wording here!) that if a store has "Do not accept cheques from Sally Sloopy, Freddy Flashman, etc" on a message board, this is well, basically legal. No info other than a name which could be found in the phone book is given.

If the store across the road gave those same names, with addresses, driver's license numbers, and bank account info, then - bam! illegal.

So while any site can list, in huge glowy letters, the known screen names and email addresses of "pirates" they can't share personal information with anyone, even their mother.

Yes? So if someone wants to play innocent and say "I never shared paypal info" but in fact even was part of a discussion of that info, then they are breaking the law?

Illegal:
Paysite owner1: "Hey, Sally Sloopy, of East West Somewhere Drive etc stole our pay content!"
LL: "k! Let me write that down and keep it!"

shit, that was rambling!
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: 2008 September 20, 00:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sharing of email address & screen names is not illegal as per Attorney Andrew Jaffe said. It becomes illegal when they start sharing banking info, credit card info, your real name & real address.

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*

Titan
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: 2008 September 20, 00:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sharing of email address & screen names is not illegal as per Attorney Andrew Jaffe said. It becomes illegal when they start sharing banking info, credit card info, your real name & real address.

Ok, so what you're say WB, is that what they were doing over at TSR private forum was illegal since real names were being used in there, right?

Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: 2008 September 20, 00:36:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whether sharing email addresses and screen names is illegal or not, it is certainly a bullying tactic.  I would think that most people would not want this information shared despite it being legal.  I know I wouldn't want my email just given out.  I get enough crap as it is. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: 2008 September 20, 00:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Titan
Ok, so what you're say WB, is that what they were doing over at TSR private forum was illegal since real names were being used in there, right? 

I believe from what the attorney said it has to to be a combination of real name & one or more of the following.....

banking info, credit card info, real address.

Whether sharing email addresses and screen names is illegal or not, it is certainly a bullying tactic.  I would think that most people would not want this information shared despite it being legal.  I know I wouldn't want my email just given out.  I get enough crap as it is. 

I completely agree with you Tomato. It shouldn't been done whether its legal or not.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 20, 01:04:40 by WB » Logged

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2008 September 20, 02:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly it pisses me off that she just assumes that setting her stuff free and putting the blame on Birgit will make it better....

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2008 September 20, 02:58:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<RANT>

It's just WRONG to go this fucking apeshit over C/C!!!!
This is beyond ridiculous. Paysites, all you are doing is pandering to your pockets, you have lost your freaking minds, OK? You've LOST THE PLOT.  As far as I am concerned, those screenshots provided did not just say "user@isp.com" is a violating user, this is their IP address and their username is "Tinklebunny". They gave out REAL names, and didn't they also included patner details, whose credit card it is, and so on? Carefully blurred here to protect at least on SOME level the so called pirates involved?
Is this their idea of waging war? Um, as an example, we're sharing Ikea furniture for the Sims 2. Ikea doesn't care. EA doesn't care. Why should the person who brought two and two together in such a HORRENDOUS fashion, get paid? When there are so many other people doing it for free? Because this isn't an enterprise, it's a fucking game. The real enterprises are the sole copyright owners (EA) that you guys don’t work for. No matter how much you wish you did.
See how it doesn't compute? What sort of REAL ingenuity are you paysite owners giving to the community/society at large?
Fucking nothing. I agree with the beautiful Alia post. You guys need to get the hell off your high horses. Stop sharing personal information, Pirates are NOT Criminals.
Can I say it again, so you can understand? Pirates, in the Sims 2 community, ARE NOT CRIMINALS.
Your two faced, stabs in the dark hoping to catch a shoulder blade is PATHETIC, unethical and underhanded. If you want to fight this war, do it with fucking dignity.
What irks me about this drama is its stubborn greed. They got their money and now they want more? Each and every time someone wants to buy their bloated cube meshes? Fuck you Habitat43. Seriously.  Totally pissed off.

</Rant>

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
karu
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2008 September 20, 20:58:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what do ya wanna bet that atwa is writing her own ticket over at tsr right now?
Hannahg
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2008 September 20, 23:01:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was a great rant deelink  Cheesy
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2008 September 21, 06:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Titan

I believe from what the attorney said it has to to be a combination of real name & one or more of the following.....

banking info, credit card info, real address.
Ah, but what if you are the only person of your name in the world, as am I? Someone shares my real name, and anyone seeing it theoretically could find where I lived using something like Zabasearch (not quite true in my case since for some reason it's not picked up on my current address).

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: