PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:53:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1060188 times)
Titan
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Habitat43 News! Sharing Information!
« Reply #165 on: 2008 September 19, 02:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I just seen that.  I can't help but wonder what LL's answer to this question is going to be?  It is like a train wreck about to occur but, I'm starting to understand why LL reacted to the thread the way she did.  If she did share personal information previously, then she is just as guilty as Sasi, IMO.

dragonballz
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2008 September 19, 03:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently she has no response since she has just logged off. Couldn't take the abuse anymore, I guess.
Titan
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: 2008 September 19, 03:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She was on; definitely long enough to see the question posted, by Rhondalatte.  I guess she doesn't feel like she really needs to answer that question.  Tinkle jumped into the forum and gave everyone a warning that the personal attacks were to stop or she was locking down the debate.  This debate is probably going to be locked down in about a day IMO.

Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

still the same simian of plunder

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2008 September 19, 04:31:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Thoma$$ and T$R are sharing information (email and real name) with a third party (other paysite owners or forum members not owners of the business contracted with by the customer & Paypal) they are in violation of Paypal regulations and are therefore using the Paypal service in a fraudulent manner.

They should be reported and have their Paypal abilities removed.

Let T$R try to make money without using Paypal.
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: 2008 September 19, 05:39:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well i just sent a e-mail out to Marc J. Zwillinger who is the chair of the Information Security and Anti-Piracy practice group at Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal and is a former cybercrime prosecutor with DOJ. He provides advice and counsel on preventing, minimizing and recovering losses from cybercrime to some of the nation's leading financial institutions and consumer companies. He also helped with California's new mandatory disclosure law.

Hello Mr. Zwillinger,

My name is.......... & i am a member of The Sims 2 Community on the web.

There is a big debate going on over Sims 2 pay sites (Sites who make content & charge money for said content) & Free Sims 2 sites. The pay side believes they own copyright over the said items created using tools from Electronic Arts & 3rd parties. Without said tools to import the files you create into a viable Electronic Arts package format for use in game the files are useless. Creators who create items for the game The Sims 2 use poser meshes & or other 3rd party created meshes & textures using existing Electronic Arts game items as the base for new custom content. 

Now comes the debate. Do Sims 2 pay sites who create Custom Content for the game own any copyright what so ever over said content? Is selling said content against the law or illegal? Do they have the right to tell you what you can & cannot do with said content once you purchase it? or does the copyright belong solely to Electronic Arts the makers of the game? (See EA Eula below) The same electronic arts who encourages sharing of all custom content pay or free.

The other debate going on is ts2 paysites are collecting and sharing personal pay pal info of users who buy custom content for the game with other Sims 2 paysites, then banning those people & not refunding any money they have paid for a download subscription or sets of custom content once they are considered to be file sharers. Is the sharing of peoples personal pay pal info between these owners of ts2 paysites illegal?

Also as a consumer say i purchase said content from a Sims 2 pay site & then decide to share it with a friend or other people who play the game. Is that legal considering Sims 2 content is made off of existing electronic arts content? What are my rights as a consumer of Sims 2 Custom Content from 3rd party websites who charge for said custom content?

The Sims 2 Eula states:

Pasted Eula here

« Last Edit: 2008 September 19, 06:06:12 by WB » Logged

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2008 September 19, 07:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't believe the amount of denial going on in this forum.  The justifications they have for doing what they do beats logic. All I can say is  saying denial definitely is a river in Egypt I now understand why they all blow thomarse they need to use him as a floatation device cos they are drowning in it.

Edit.  on the inside I now think lyriclee has earned a place in the paysites ugliest creation thread.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 19, 08:35:26 by justso » Logged
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: 2008 September 19, 10:38:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently she has no response since she has just logged off. Couldn't take the abuse anymore, I guess.

Could you please copy and paste? Many people don't have a registration to that forum. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2008 September 19, 10:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always miss the drama! Sad thing is my work as any site (bar this one it seems) that has a connection to gaming Cry and so can't read anything at Reflex.

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
silver
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2008 September 19, 13:55:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Silver, can I quote your post in the thread?

I want to see lyric's response.

I see no problem. I'd like to see her response herself. How would she like it if this happened to her? If her boyfriend/girlfriend/niece, nephew, etc. did this? When I think of it, an adult can to this to another adult as well. Perhaps a guy (hey ... I used a girl in the last example!) wanting to purchase the subscription can't get a Paypal account or a credit card, so he uses his girlfriend's account. Once again, the poor girl has no idea her boyfriend decides to give the download information to a bunch of his buddies. One of them shares it. The girl has her info posted for a bunch of people to see. Great.

One can argue that this is the exception, not the rule, but that's rationalization. And I'm not sure if Mom or the girlfriend would be placated by the excuses. Also, does TSR or any other site KNOW how many minors visit it, or and what percentage of subscribers use a parent's, guardian's, or other adult's credit card or Paypal? 10%? 20% More?

However, I'm not sure you'll get much of a chance or an answer if the admin is planning to lock the forum. Too bad.

As to why paysite owners are doing this, it seems pretty clear. Despite their protests, I think we ARE making an impact. Even if you lose ... once again ... 10% of your business to pirates, that's still a good chunk of money. And now, various world economies are having problems, and Sims 3 is looming on the horizon. This new game might mean fewer free artists to steal borrow from for a while; at least, not until the free artists can figure out equivalents to CEP and make meshes. There will be fewer Sims 2 players to even play the game, and still fewer who want to shell out money. Aye. Times might be tough ahead for our paysite owners. So they have to skirt Paypal's TOS and resort to these scare tactics.

It makes them look pretty pitiful, actually.

« Last Edit: 2008 September 19, 14:05:16 by silver » Logged
nikki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2008 September 19, 13:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woah what a nice thing to wake up to. Jesus Christmas
Ok first of all Witchy whoever the hell you are, I have NEVER ever ever ever ever ever shared any one of my members information with ANYONE EVER
and I really dont appreciate you coming here LYING about me and acting like its gospel.

The ONLY reason I posted on this thread was to give a differeing view point to what everyone else was saying. I mean why start a thread in a debate room if you arent willing to look at the opposite side of things?
I havent even spoken to Mikey and Mal in well over a year and even then I DIDNT SHARE ANYONES INFO.
If you really have to turn everything on me, I dont even have access to my members information. The most information I have access to is what everyone on any forum they moderate has, and thats an email address or whatever the hell they register with, and Ive never even shared that!!!!!!!
Im really appalled that you would have the nerve to come here and make completely false allegations about me. Thats really messed up and exactly what I meant by herd mentality.
I just wanted to pose the opposing viewpoint since no one had. I wish i never did now.
I never said it was right for any site to do it, but I dont think it was wrong for a site to privately try and keep people off their site that are harming them. I dont disagree or agree with everything said. I have my own opinions but I don't go around outright lying about people and pointing fingers either.
In any case Im done. Yall can find someone else to attack. Hell I didn't even read any of the links here and I dont even know wtf is going on fully. I just spoke my mind. God forbid.

Umm.. why didn't she read the links!?! Huh
silver
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 2008 September 19, 14:06:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're going to post a "firestarter" post on a board, what do you expect? (Scratches head, and now can't get that song out of my mind!)
« Last Edit: 2008 September 19, 14:16:51 by silver » Logged
karu
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2008 September 19, 14:42:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always miss the drama! Sad thing is my work as any site (bar this one it seems) that has a connection to gaming Cry and so can't read anything at Reflex.

sry no screenie but got this by Alais before it was deleted

Look, I don't kiss LyricLee's ***...never will, ain't ever gonna happen. I have seen what she has done in this community almost from the start. I've seen the communities she's been welcomed into and then kicked out, once found what she does. I am always very quiet in Sims2 forums, but I now have a few things to say.

Here: I pay for a blouse at WalMart. The blouse does not come with a TOS. I can give away the blouse; I can **** on it; I can draw neon pink smilies on it. It is MINE. Walmart must now replace said blouse within its inventory.

I PAID for that subscription to TSR. I PAID for it. I never **** stole anything. I downloaded items with my PAID subscription. I gave them to my niece. And now my private info is now made public! And yet you defend. I paid, I never stole.

Trust me, wheels are in motion, and they include your little pay site.

TSR never had to replace any stock, they never had to do anything. The pixels are right there...and yet *I* steal?

And next time, think twice before you lump me in with a pedophile. Perhaps you should simply go over there, sit down, and shut up.

Seriously.

Let me tell you something, LyricLee. You are, at most, an incompetent texturer.

It is only your sort of people, in your egotistical little community, who think you are such fantastic artists, you must be revered for incompetence. You have this childish, pompous attitude. PAY us, pay us. We are gods. Do not question, whatever you do! Just pay us, and be our minions because we deserve! We deserve!. If you aren't good little boys and girls, well ... we'll just release your personal info from PayPal! Never mind that this is a criminal offense! Look away ... nothing will happen to our tiny domain, we shall strive on against all those nasty piraty people.

Let's look at reality: you are a tiny fleck in this insipid Sims2 online society.

I was a CAD artist for 20+ years. I actually earned my dues. I have the full and most recent 3D Max. Do you? I rather doubt it. Every little tool you have, I have better, trust me on that, child. I mesh, I share, I recolor, I share. I never charge.

Everything I download for Sims2, I check it. 95% is junk, from footprints to animations to shadows. Let's say this, chitlin: you are most certainly NOT an "artist", and neither are your coharts.

Reality? I own a gallery, the kind where you come in and are offered canapes and wine while perusing the art. Yeah. I do.

And you know what? My art doesn't come with a TOS. You buy it, you own it. You can draw bright fuschia smilies on it and put it on your lawn and plant daisies on it. It is yours when you pay the price. Now, I cannot make an exact replica of what was bought... but that is what real art means. TSR has its little pixels, never having to be replenished.

Your arrogant attitude has helped to make this community a laughing stock among other real artists.

Get off your high horse. It's only a tiny little horse anyways. The wheels are in motion, babe. LyricLee, your little community has finally met the real world. Be prepared. I am p****d.
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2008 September 19, 14:46:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nikki: Because shit stirrers like her don't give a damn about facts? They just like to jump right into things without knowing whats going on, as she stated herself. Also - if she had left the community (which I had thought she'd done) why come back now? Bored is she?

Oooo, lovely stuff Karu! Lyric lumped someone in with paedophiles? How am I not bloody surprised Roll Eyes And whoever Alais is - I love you  Kiss I couldn't agree more with what she said!

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: 2008 September 19, 15:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think LL got the chance to read alais' post, but here is her latest response.
Woah what a nice thing to wake up to. Jesus Christmas
Ok first of all Witchy whoever the hell you are, I have NEVER ever ever ever ever ever shared any one of my members information with ANYONE EVER
and I really dont appreciate you coming here LYING about me and acting like its gospel.

The ONLY reason I posted on this thread was to give a differeing view point to what everyone else was saying. I mean why start a thread in a debate room if you arent willing to look at the opposite side of things?
I havent even spoken to Mikey and Mal in well over a year and even then I DIDNT SHARE ANYONES INFO.
If you really have to turn everything on me, I dont even have access to my members information. The most information I have access to is what everyone on any forum they moderate has, and thats an email address or whatever the hell they register with, and Ive never even shared that!!!!!!!
Im really appalled that you would have the nerve to come here and make completely false allegations about me. Thats really messed up and exactly what I meant by herd mentality.
I just wanted to pose the opposing viewpoint since no one had. I wish i never did now.
I never said it was right for any site to do it, but I dont think it was wrong for a site to privately try and keep people off their site that are harming them. I dont disagree or agree with everything said. I have my own opinions but I don't go around outright lying about people and pointing fingers either.
In any case Im done. Yall can find someone else to attack. Hell I didn't even read any of the links here and I dont even know wtf is going on fully. I just spoke my mind. God forbid.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2008 September 19, 15:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alais's response was most awesome.

LryicLee, as usual, is a troubled idiot spouting pro-paysite garbage without actually thinking about what she's saying first. She's very much like a mouth disconnected from its brain. And her sad and pathetic attempt to  lump fileshares and pedos in together is full of phail. Especially when you consider all those smutty downloads TSR makes available to children. In fact, since it was Lyric who famously attempted to lure more subscribers  onto that site by baiting them (including, one presumes, children) she is the real threat since they would then have been exposed to all that inappropriate content.

« Last Edit: 2008 September 19, 16:12:06 by SnarkyShark » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: