PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 10:15:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1070453 times)
FilthyPriest
ARR!

Emmm! Rum Doughnuts.......

View Profile
Re: Habitat43 News! Sharing Information!
« Reply #150 on: 2008 September 18, 21:42:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never really cared to register at TSR, but back in 2004 I considered getting an account there. Well I found modthesims2 and I changed my mind pretty quickly. As for LyricLee well all I got to say is this
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2008 September 18, 21:47:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In other words: "As long as we can protect our moneys, we don't give a shit what laws we break. It's for a good cause, our moneys."

Inactive
FilthyPriest
ARR!

Emmm! Rum Doughnuts.......

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2008 September 18, 21:49:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty much sums it up Master Nouk. Tongue
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2008 September 18, 22:48:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, this is great. Now filesharers are on equal footing with paedophiles. Logic FTW!

Think of the chilluns Surely!

The agreement at TSR, didn't come in till the end of 2005, beginning of 2006 I think.  When I first signed up there, I know that there was no "Do NOT share our things" agreement.  At no time; in fact, have I ever been asked to sign one at TSR.

So let me get this straight *clears throat* People share TSR's pay items as selling items are illegal...and TSR share's peoples paypal info because its stated in their agreement not to share them so they say its 'illegal'... but paypal says its illegal to share personal info...and EA's EULA says its illegal to make items pay in the first place..and yet TSR still thinks they have the legal right to do so? I admit it, I laughed. Its like a battle of legal vs 'legal' vs legal. Ultimately, EA and Paypal have real legality in this, sorry TSR.

Disclaimer:Please fill in all requested information. Please note, however, that none of the information will be transfered to other parties than TSR.

They broke their own disclaimer as well, as I would assume that passing information onto other paysites is indeed transferring info to other parties other then TSR.  Roll Eyes

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

silver
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2008 September 19, 00:09:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One can use other variations of Lyric's "pretzel logic" and truly toss her arguments right in the trash.

As I understand it, Paypal does NOT condone sharing names and e-mails during transactions. That is still the case, correct? Has anyone shown otherwise?

Well, then, the issue is not with the alleged filesharers. The issue is with Paypal. If she doesn't like Paypal's terms, she can use another form of processing payments.

As far as I know, Paypal does not state that it's OK to share names and e-mails in an open forum with just 200 or 50 or even 20 people. I don't recall reading anything in the TOS stating, "You are permitted to share this info on a private Internet forum." You're not supposed to be sharing this. Period.

It doesn't matter what EA states or doesn't state, or what PMBD, TSR, ABC123, MICKEYMOUSE etc. etc. states. These are Paypal's terms. I could be wrong, but Paypal probably couldn't care any less about The Sims or custom content. Nor should it. It has other problems that have little to do with pixel dollies and more to do with scam artists and phishers.

Also, in the case of passing bad checks, I'd seen those signs. I worked in retail myself for a long time. When we were given this info, we were given limited, general info ... usually, so and so's name. Perhaps a town if the surname is a common one. We were NEVER given specific-mail addresses or street addresses or phone numbers. Just "watch out if you get checks from Jane Doe of Jamaica, Queens". And that might not have been Jane Doe's home address. We weren't told this. It could relate to her business address, her organization's address or even a phony address.

And by the way, this all happened extremely rarely. The person would have had to be passing a whole LOT of bad checks over a period of time, not just one check. I never saw long lists of phony check-passers at my register! I had one, perhaps two names. Most of the stores where I worked never did this at all. I guess LyricLee never worked in retail, or has long forgotten about it.

Which brings me to another problem. Let's say the "perpetrator" is 12 years old. Really. She doesn't have a credit card or Paypal. She begs her Mom to get her a subscription. Mom does not know what our little pirate is up to, and gets her a subscription. The little pirate shares it.

TSR brings out its judge's robes and deems the little pirate guilty. However, when TSR shares the info, it doesn't share the little pirate's name and e-mail address. It shares Mom's. And Mom had no idea what was going on.

Nice.

Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: 2008 September 19, 00:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lyric has posted again at Reflex Forum......

http://www.reflexsimsforum.com/showthread.php?p=277685&posted=1#post277685

Ya know yall can quit quoting me, I give up on this whole friggin community.
If you steal from someone and they tell their friends you're a theif and it bothers you then don't steal from em. I mean jesus is that really that hard to comprehend.
But whatever. I suppose no one can disagree with the masses or theyre the bad guy. I didnt know being a member in this community meant I had to sacrifice my own opinions and follow a herd. Which is something I wont do so yall can find someone else to blow up on. This is a game and so not worth this stupid drama.

How she & other paysites consider buying subscriptions & CC goodies stealing boggles my mind. You paid for said subscription, you paid for said CC then its yours to do with how you want. It now belongs to you.

Stealing would mean breaking into a store (Paysite) & leaving with all the goodies.

« Last Edit: 2008 September 19, 00:35:34 by WB » Logged

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2008 September 19, 00:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR brings out its judge's robes and deems the little pirate guilty. However, when TSR shares the info, it doesn't share the little pirate's name and e-mail address. It shares Mom's. And Mom had no idea what was going on.

Nice.
BINGO! This is one mom who would be absolutely livid! And not with my child either! Blasted fools.

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
Astonished lemons
Banned!

OHAI

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2008 September 19, 00:55:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People like them make me REALLY dislike the whole 'Buying over the intarwebs' deal.

I hadnt even thought of the Twelve-and-mommys-account scenario.

X_0

I can so totally see it happening. . .
FreakyBooty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2008 September 19, 01:02:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lyric has posted again at Reflex Forum......

I didnt know being a member in this community meant I had to sacrifice my own opinions and follow a herd.

Of course not, she expects everyone else to do that, and follow her.  It's funny when the tables turn.

Do what I do, assume everyone at TSR is a cunt. Then, you can only be pleasantly surprised if they exhibit non-cunty behaviour.  -- Capucine
I is LadyGrainne, and I is a thug.  Can I has a cookie?
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2008 September 19, 01:02:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I dont get is why they all keep equating breaking thier TOU's (dont share our stuff) with an illegal activity (sharing personal paypal info).  They keep making stupid statements like 'if you do illegal things then so can we'.  Why do they keep insisting that sharing files (even if it is against thier wishes or TOU's and we actually did agree to it) is illegal?  I would like for them to show me the LAW that they are saying is being broken.  Some people need to understand that the internet has some laws to protect both the sites and the users but violating Habitats TOU is not against any of these LAWS.  However, sharing Paypal info is not only a violation of the agreement that the site has entered into with Paypal but it does violate actual law.  

I also was one who never agreed to anything like that when I signed up at TSR.

Also, anyone else wish that Lyric would really "give up on this whole friggin community" and just go away already.  I am in the mood for Lyric Soup for dinner tonight.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
dragonballz
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2008 September 19, 01:38:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dude, check out Sasilia's TSR page:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Sasilia/

Did she always have this much for stinkin' free, or do my eyes deceive me?  Roll Eyes
Titan
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: 2008 September 19, 01:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She didn't use to have that many free downloads.  Here's another question, where is her thread in the FA Discussion board?  All of the FA's usually have a thread in there and I know that she had one also but, when I went and looked around, I couldn't seem to find hers'.

Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: 2008 September 19, 01:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't agree to anything of the sort at TSR, either, since I signed up there before The Sims 2 came out.

And if this is just a game, stop requiring that money change hands?  Not rocket science.
dragonballz
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2008 September 19, 02:14:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good god. Rhondalette just confronted her out in the open.

Lyric, were you involved in the sharing of personal information?

http://www.reflexsimsforum.com/showthread.php?t=17792&page=5

Uggh. I feel like I'm witnessing a train-wreck I can't turn away from.
Astonished lemons
Banned!

OHAI

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2008 September 19, 02:48:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Silver, can I quote your post in the thread?

I want to see lyric's response.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: