PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:20:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1060194 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Re: Habitat43 News! Sharing Information!
« Reply #135 on: 2008 September 18, 15:04:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't what Sasi doing known as either extortion or blackmail? The "if you don't do what I say, I'm going to do this against you or reveal something about you that you don't want known?" Even if it's not one of the two, it's unethical as hell, but then again, this bitch is part of the pay site mentality. Ethics have nothing to do with them due to them leeching off of the unauthorized sale of a product that they don't even own. Twat.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Ren
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2008 September 18, 15:12:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was a *community* effort at JuniperSun to try and recreate the themes of BRR for TS2, then in the middle of it all Brigit decided to announce she was going to make a bed part of a payset on her site.  I'm not clear if other people provided the textures to her or if she ripped them from some of Cole's TS1 items and tweaked them for 3d texturing, but I don't think that really mattered.  What mattered most, IMO, is it was a JP community project that was entirely in the spirit of open free sharing.  The secondary issue (and perhaps less whiney and so expressed more often), paysite opinions aside, is that she did not get clear permission from Cole to SELL the derivative work - only recreate.  Her responses are wretched, as she feigns innocence, ignorance, and appologies, then gets ballsy and basically says "I'll do what I want, I read Cole's reply as permission, even though I didn't mention money.  Gimme."  If I remember correctly she threw in a bit of the "PS, if this backfires, I'll pull the language barrier card and keep charging anyway" as well.

This post was brought to you by the "I needed to bitch about something" company, producers of such hits as "Everyone's already said everything about paypal data sharing" and "TSR would be a tl;dr".

Ren

Dan, a Clan, a Canal - Canada!
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: 2008 September 18, 16:12:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL @ Ren.
Perfectly explained, hun, you rock.

Edit cuz Ren spoke, not Red. LOL
« Last Edit: 2008 September 18, 18:15:41 by Ry » Logged

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2008 September 18, 17:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't there something like not getting Heidi's permission,too?

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
dragonballz
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2008 September 18, 18:33:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might all be interested to know that LyricLee has just posted a response to this issue at Reflex forum here:

http://www.reflexsimsforum.com/showthread.php?t=17792&page=2

Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2008 September 18, 18:38:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might all be interested to know that LyricLee has just posted a response to this issue at Reflex forum here:

http://www.reflexsimsforum.com/showthread.php?t=17792&page=2

Quote and printscreened for those who do not have an account there -

I'll be the hated devil's advocate here. But I don't think its a huge to-do in my opinion. (ducks flying stones and objects)
I think theres no difference from sharing names than when you walkin a store and you see signs like "don't accept checks from so and so_ because theyve been known to bounce.
The point actually begins with the fact that the person who shared content from TSR, when they signed up chose to agree to the terms of that site to NOT share content. They violated that agreement first. No one is sharing paypal info in order to hack peoples accounts or steal from them, theyre sharing names in order to block people who are known to redistribute in violation of the site terms and atleast it was done in a private forum.
I know several sites, a few years ago that shares emails of a known pedophile who was going from sim site to sim site posting videos depicting very vulgar acts with sim children. The sites shared his email in order to protect their sites from him. No one complained about that.
As long as someone's info isnt being spammed all over the internet, and they infact are stealing content I just don't think its a horrible problem. If you don't want your info shared (in attempts to protect sites from more personal damage) just don't violate their terms.
Just my two cents.

Printscreen - http://i37.tinypic.com/m9xhtl.jpg

Typical dumb LyricLee response really. TSR has all right to share information againt Paypal's agreement because TSR is mighty and nasty people stole their pixels  Roll Eyes

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2008 September 18, 18:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's no big surprise that Lyric would play "devil's advocate" about this subject. She's probably running to TSR begging for the info so she can keep the bad people from sharing files from her shitty paysite.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2008 September 18, 18:43:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would have thought she was already in on it. She was around/took part in it when it was in a hidden section at S2C, didn't she? She was a moderator/admin there at the time I believe. May well be involved in the info sharing at TSR as well..

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2008 September 18, 18:46:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you're right, Jojoba. Lyric always seems to be involved in the dirty dealings that go on in the sims community.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Ferris
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2008 September 18, 18:52:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What Lyric wrote is pretty much bullshit.
Back in 2004/2005 when my account at TSR was created there was no:"OMFG don't DARE to share our filez!" agreement.
In fact you could sign up with just entering an email adress and a password in the upper navigation bar - that's exactly what I did to sign up there.
After this free vs. pay war took place they added the agreement to the site, before that there was none.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2008 September 18, 19:44:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They can't legally enforce that agreement, anyhow, cause they don't hold the copyright on the package file, but unlike us they do tend to forget that they didn't fucking invent the goddamn thing! Stupid twats...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: 2008 September 18, 19:45:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't when I signed up either, at least I don't remember one.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: 2008 September 18, 20:52:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't when I signed up either, at least I don't remember one.

Same here, of course that was back in the stone age when TSR was free site.

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2008 September 18, 21:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, this is great. Now filesharers are on equal footing with paedophiles. Logic FTW!
Titan
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: 2008 September 18, 21:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The agreement at TSR, didn't come in till the end of 2005, beginning of 2006 I think.  When I first signed up there, I know that there was no "Do NOT share our things" agreement.  At no time; in fact, have I ever been asked to sign one at TSR.

As for Lyric Lee putting sharers and paedophiles together in that same sentence, well I guess we now know at what level she views us. 

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: