PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 16:06:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1070526 times)
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Habitat43 News! Sharing Information!
« Reply #90 on: 2008 September 17, 02:21:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm honestly really happy to have Aikea and Gelydh here, and look forward to their posts. I said some pretty pissy things too before they joined. Still feel bad about it.  
Astonished lemons
Banned!

OHAI

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2008 September 17, 03:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like Aikea and Gelydh. I didnt know who they were untill they went free, and they seem nice and have good CC.

Smiley

And I like Coconut, she seems nice too. Maybe the thought of letting the populace know just didnt occur to her/him untill now?

Thomas and the majority of the up-and-ups over there are asshats, this is news?
What theyre doing is blatantly illegal, and they will get sued.

I say we spread the news! Post the pics on MTS2, TSR, and any other site we can access!
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2008 September 17, 04:46:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yanno we all say shit sometimes that later on we change our minds about. Our lives are contextualised in time, place, knowledge, experience and so on. Those elements are dynamic and we change with them. I've said nasty things about people that I later completely or partially changed my opinion about. But at the time I really meant it based on where I was, what I knew and what I believed in. You can't hold that stuff against people, that's just stupid.

So I think if Nasty_Apple wants to stir shit it should stick a spoon up it's ass and have a party.

There's no question that sharing the personal information is offensive and morally corrupt. I might have a question as to it's illegality when it's confined to the staff of the company in question. It's wrong no questions asked, but I'm wondering if it's illegal or against the Paypal TOS if it hasn't left the office. I would think that the threat to disperse the information to other companies would be the more criminal act. To my mind that would be the larger threat individuals privacy. I'm not an expert on the legal intricacies and I imagine it would depend on the company's country of origin and the actual Paypal terms of service.

However I also don't think taking said private information and wallpapering the internet with it is necessarily the best choice either.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2008 September 17, 04:58:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I think if Nasty_Apple wants to stir shit it should stick a spoon up it's ass and have a party.

kenmtl, you never fail to crack me up. That was perhaps the funniest thing I have heard in a long time!

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2008 September 17, 05:02:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But it's obviously leaked out to us, so I'd say it isn't confined to the staff. I would think that if a company releases your info intentionally or accidentally, they should be held responsible. I appreciate coconut's post, but she's proof that the info isn't secure within their staff.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: 2008 September 17, 07:48:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm discusted to the point where you wouldn't want to hear my views on this.

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: 2008 September 17, 09:01:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WOW! I mean WOW! As a former SA, we did not have access to the FA forum, but they had access to ours.  This was not done at the SA forum at all, at least when I was there. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: 2008 September 17, 09:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WOW! I mean WOW! As a former SA, we did not have access to the FA forum, but they had access to ours.  This was not done at the SA forum at all, at least when I was there. 

I would never consider that you would be okay with that sort of thing - too principled - you'd have squealed on them immediately.  Probably why it's FA forums only - they have money riding on catching filesharers. No catchy, no pay.  Tongue

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2008 September 17, 09:24:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So..they have private delicate information about the true identities of some pirates.
And the reason they want to "catch" them and "ban" them is so they don't lose hypothetical money. They obviously are not familiar with the story of the Hydra. Nor do they understand the speed, strength and numbers of the pirate crew. Okay.
Anything, and I mean ANYTHING they do with your Identity is FRAUD and if you are one of the pirates mentioned, you are in the RIGHT to share The Sims CC by EA's EULA. So if you take these bastards to court and sue.
You. Will. Win. Especially if it has anything to do with defamation, like if their exposure caused you money/time/stress. The list is endless at what the court of law provided for Identity Theft.
What on God's greenish Earth do they have on you to make a case? What leg legally do they have to stand on when it comes to Identity theft? Because laws have been made to protect us, online. They are just making a few bucks by stealing third party Industrial Designs, patented colours (like for example the colour magenta), processing it through FREE open source software, and using it on a game engine MADE BY ANOTHER COMPANY (EA) that lets us share everything in their file format, because they know that the game will be UNPLAYABLE without C/C. That's 3 big fucking holes in their sob-story.

I am pretty mad. But then again, the only reason I am mad is because *somehow* they equate stealing their poorly made meshes (Oh Brigit, the only kind of artist you are, is a scam artist) to being in the same LEAGUE as PERSONAL INFORMATION? Man... poor Pavs. I am so glad he bitch slapped her.  Kiss

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: 2008 September 17, 10:48:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, much of what we have learned about the inner workings of TSR like the kudos fraud, atwa's machinations, and now the info sharing crap will not be widely known.  There has to be a way to get this information out there.  I remember Blackdwarf saying something to the effect that she/he had no idea about the bully tactics TSR used.  And I believe that BD has been in and around the community for a while.  Heck, I knew about the Rose thing, but I didn't know about this.  And I was at TSR in 2007.

And cala-you are correct, I would have squealed like a stuck pig if I had known.  In fact, one thing on the SA forums that happened during my time was the discussion of posting a couple of things at MTS2 and then putting the TSR link in the sig or profile to lure people from MTS2 to TSR.  I posted against that idea vehemently and surprisingly once I had posted my reasons many SA's agreed with me and decided not to do it.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 2008 September 17, 11:02:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There has to be a way to get this information out there. 

Well its been posted here, NoukieSims2, GardenOfShadows, and the LJ communities SimSpam and SimWank. Quite a lot of people read those..so it should spread quite a bit.

And regarding the screenshot Appleperson showed - its old and Aikea (and Gelydh, as you seemed to have grouped them together..they are different people you know) has since left TSR and therefore changed some of her feelings. Its old and people have moved on. People have said bad stuff about her in the past, and she's done the same back. Its forgiven.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2008 September 17, 11:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The bad apple seems to have fallen from TSR as far as I'm concerned.. and is missing the point that people can have bad feelings, (which they've gotten well over) and that's one thing, but actually doing something illegal or impuning people's privacy is ANOTHER thing altogether. Roll Eyes

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2008 September 17, 11:50:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm late to the party as always. Cheesy  I've long since forgiven Aikea and Gelydh for anything they might have said when they were FA's, since they've now seen the light.  As for TSR, I don't think I can ever forgive the admins for what they've done. Angry  (That doesn't only mean this latest piece of illegal idiocy, either).

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2008 September 17, 12:12:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We could post a secret about it; using the screen shots and whatnot. A lot of people NOT involved with either of the sites mentioned before go there, it might be a good way to get the message out.  Undecided

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: 2008 September 17, 12:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I missed the apple troll post the first time round and just went back to read it. It's a pretty lame attempt at misdirection, TSR should seriously talk to their trolls about quality control, as their troll standards seems to have dropped to the level of their FA standards.

What we have there is an old reply by Aikea, the post she is replying to was censored, maybe because the author of that blurry post was the apple troll herself. As for Aikea's remarks, it's nearly a year old, and Yea, she had some not very nice things to say about pirates, but who cares, wind time back a little further to when I was at the brainwashing cult of TSR, and I had some not very nice things to say about pirates too. Old news, and those opinions have changed. However even though the posts Tomass and teutonics made are also 'old' I doubt TSR's opinions or illegal information sharing have changed since then. As for the rest of my opinions, I'm gonna bite my tongue on this one.

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: