PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 01, 04:01:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5286 Members
Latest Member: Flybulle
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1171259 times)
El Diablo
ARR!

Sticks and stones, mate.

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #3900 on: 2009 March 08, 18:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only problem is that when you give out damning information, you run a huge risk of outing yourself to TSR and getting banned. If you don't give a damn, no worries, but if you're trying to fly under the radar it's a real concern. Coconut's a master at keeping them guessing but it can't be easy. One slip and you're history.

The one who angers you, controls you.
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: 2009 March 08, 18:15:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In this situation we have people who are leaving TSR anyway giving their information without coconut having to give away anything that might let them know who s/he is.  That is what makes this so much better and if more of the "customers" that have been burned would send proof of thier experience to coconut so it can be posted then the information can come from many sources and TSR can go down in massive fireball and it will be less likely that coconut's identity will need to be revealed.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3902 on: 2009 March 08, 21:56:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, you should be proud of your little girl, regardless of what you decide to do with her screenshots.  She seems to be a very smart, wise and mature young lady to realize that those support tickets could be important.

As for what to do?  Only you can decide what is the right thing to do.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: 2009 March 08, 21:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's up to you to decide Sabian. Although I have a strong opion on letting any kind of kid anywhere near the TSR site or chatroom, it's up to you to decide how important you think the screenshots are and if it's worth outing people. Also, is it wise to put your full name on a forum? I would delete that. You have seen how far people will go just recently...

Inactive
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: 2009 March 08, 22:17:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't advise you one way or another Sabian, it's too delicate a situation for me to offer my .02 cents on.  However, I did want to at least say I have sympathy for the difficulties you're facing. 

As for yelling at Lucy?  Better a yell than having her return home as an adult because she stupidly gave away some private information and now has had her identity and thus her money and everything stolen from her.  It's never too early to learn net safety.

But, yes, by all means, give yourself a couple days to think about it.  It's not a choice that should be made lightly. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3905 on: 2009 March 08, 22:26:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even better than buying a makeup gift, tell here you are proud of her.  I know I could have used hearing that more as a kid [Instead of as an adult]

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: 2009 March 08, 22:29:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fully support whatever decision you come to Sabian. I remember reading your daughter's comment and was instantly touched by her words. Naturally, it truly made me loathe thomass even more for denying such a request. Heartless. Anyways, she seems very bright and responsible and I am sure she is ok in chatrooms in general. (Although, IMO I would stay away from TSR, especailly since she (and you) have first hand experience with their selfish asshole-ness.)

No offense meant. -just my worthless 1 cent (inflation hit too) opinon ^-*

« Last Edit: 2009 March 09, 00:55:15 by siberiansunset » Logged

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: 2009 March 09, 00:02:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of the stuff I've seen screen shotted about people, mostly adults, on that site leads me to think she's not as safe in their chats as you'd hope. They don't give a rat's ass about the kids, as evidenced by the smuttier than you thread.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Pixel
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: 2009 March 09, 05:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im not at all surprised with the things TSR does anymore. Lucky for me i have never subscribed or payed for sims custom content, i wouldn't ina  a million years, even though most of its made available through booty sites, i avoid it because its just fugly.The way they treat people is wrong and evil!
 One of these days TSR and their empire of doodoo will come crashing down hard. We all know the disgusting, filthy things at go on there, and the very inappropriate content displayed throughout their  so called family friendly site. Angry
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: 2009 March 10, 14:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like Coconut's updated again. http://tsr.mustbedestroyed.org/ Fun time with Atwa! Cheesy

Oh and as an added bonus, I just found these:
http://thesims3.ea.com/view/pages/event.jsp?author=Padre#Padre
http://thesims3.ea.com/view/pages/event.jsp?author=TSR_DOT#TSR_DOT

TS3's Exchange content will be full of Lulz!!11
« Last Edit: 2009 March 10, 14:53:33 by minionsRmine » Logged

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: 2009 March 10, 17:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't wait to see The Sims 3 Exchange; see all the crap on it. And then to see what people have to say about it on The Sims 3 BBS

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: 2009 March 10, 17:20:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uhm, isn't advertising supposed to be attractive in some way?  Shocked Or are they going for the 'make it as obnoxious and annoying possible so that people simply cannot forget'- way?

Inactive
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: 2009 March 10, 18:05:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if they've purposely made it so crappy that folks who buy TS3 will want to go to TSR to get ..... zongzzz better stuff made with the special tools that EA gave them!  Cheesy Roll Eyes That truly is crappy stuff, but we are talking about Sims Resource folks....

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
apple_snap
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: 2009 March 10, 22:13:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree minions, and I also think that in the future Sims games will continue to offer lower and lower amounts of quality items in the base games.  That way, they tie in players for years to come because (unless you're smart and find the lovely free cc) you'll almost have to buy each expansion for improvement.  I see more and more that they hold on to ideas to be published at a later date, vs. Sims 1, in which I feel they were in the developing stages that happened organically.  I'm waiting until (a) the bugs are known and (b) until we know the nature of future expansion packs before getting Sims 3.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: 2009 March 10, 22:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sabian, that's playing more fair than TSR has ever done with any site on the net because your girls will be telling the absolute proof. Well done and have some rum! Cheesy

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: