PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 08:29:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1073273 times)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #3720 on: 2009 February 24, 15:01:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I went to it in IE, nothing happened, and then I went in firefox, and it popped up.  I went again in firefox, and it didn't popup, but it loaded something from the sims resource.  The html page source actually has it embedded in the page too -

Code:
<a target="_blank" href="http://www.thesimsresource.com/fansites/track.php?ID=2018&click=http://www.thesimsresource.com/fansites.php">

Looks like they're tracking clicks onto other fansites. Buggered if I know how though.

Strike that - I do know.

Whatever toplist this is has either been taken over by TSR, or has been exploited by TSR - that's how. If she removes that she should be right.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
novastar
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: 2009 February 24, 15:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Be afraid - Thoma$$ is watching you.  Cheesy

Seriously though, if that were my website, I'd be furious too.
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3722 on: 2009 February 24, 15:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crisis averted - Betsy removed it - all is well.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: 2009 February 24, 15:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thomas- Dictator of the Sims universe. Or he'd like to think.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: 2009 February 24, 15:13:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No I think these sites were on their fansite listing, and they tracked the hits for it.

Inactive
Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: 2009 February 24, 15:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does he think he is doing? Trying to corral all the Sims Fansites into TSR?Huh? Is he that worried that TSR will crash and burn? Thomas really dear, grow up. Your temper tantrums are getting old.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3726 on: 2009 February 24, 15:19:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is low, but then, do we really expect anything better?

Thoma$$ - this smily is for you  Roll Eyes

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: 2009 February 24, 15:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Er... if it's like a top 100 site, the more clicks a site gets, the higher it will be in their fansite listing. It's harmless (unless TSR does something other with the data).

Inactive
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3728 on: 2009 February 24, 16:52:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Er... if it's like a top 100 site, the more clicks a site gets, the higher it will be in their fansite listing. It's harmless (unless TSR does something other with the data).

Well, I've never seen it before.  It's possible that they've installed some new code in those buttons - because all of those things are hotlinked by nature.  We may have just got a heads up about some sort of dastardly scheme TSR has to try to monitor sites on their fansite list.  After all, they did monitor RSF - and try to control them - maybe they thought it was a good idea to monitor other sites in future.  You know - just to keep them under their influence, and not piratey influence. 

Visit Calalilysims

Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: 2009 February 24, 17:02:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OR it's a plot to make it look like Pirates did a clumsy job of hacking to make TSR look bad.  Like the clunky attempt to make it look as if Pirates hacked TSR.

Paranoia R Us

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: 2009 February 24, 17:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't put it past them. This way they could theoratically even monitor wich IP's visit wich sites and then make accusations of members who's ip matches with visits to 'blacklisted' sites, being pirates/pirate symppathizants(sp?). However, only sites that use the button would be monitored.
I second that there's an Ebil Conspiracy going on. *dons tinfoil hat* TSR being hacked? Don't believe it for a second. MTS2 has never been succesfully hacked, and TSR claims to be more professional and better in every way. XD

Inactive
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: 2009 February 24, 17:37:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR being hacked? Don't believe it for a second. MTS2 has never been succesfully hacked, and TSR claims to be more professional and better in every way. XD

Excellent point!  So, what is it Thomas?  Is your site poorly secured?  Or are you an idiot that's hacking your own site? 

Although, I do want to propose one thing; the java script talked about version 6.  Could the popup be some coding that was left over from version 6, that hadn't been converted to version 7 yet?  In other words, could this just be a legitimate "Oopsie!"

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: 2009 February 24, 17:45:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well even if it's not updated for vs7, there's no telling what kind of data they are getting from fansites besides hit count.

Inactive
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: 2009 February 24, 17:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I haven't got the pop ups all morning, so I'm not sure as to what you guys are talking about. It would be very interesting if coconuts next blog was about this though.

With your question Darq, would that even be possible? And how would that get to other websites if it's just an oopsie on their part? It seems to me like they deliberately had put something there to mess with other websites. I am just a little curious on how an oopsie would make it's way to where it was.

Nouk I think you made an awesome point as well. Either Thomass is full of shit and screwing with his own code, or they aren't as "professional" as he proclaims.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3734 on: 2009 February 24, 17:53:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't put it past them. This way they could theoratically even monitor wich IP's visit wich sites and then make accusations of members who's ip matches with visits to 'blacklisted' sites, being pirates/pirate symppathizants(sp?). However, only sites that use the button would be monitored.
I second that there's an Ebil Conspiracy going on. *dons tinfoil hat* TSR being hacked? Don't believe it for a second. MTS2 has never been succesfully hacked, and TSR claims to be more professional and better in every way. XD

Well, why bother to monitor non sympathisers? They already know most of us link to coconut - but they don't want to lose more of the community than they already have.  That was the whole point to shutting down RSF.  And they are known for putting tracking data in their files Pescado says can damage your game - so I think it's not out of the realm of possibility that they would do it to their fansite buttons.

Although, I do want to propose one thing; the java script talked about version 6.  Could the popup be some coding that was left over from version 6, that hadn't been converted to version 7 yet?  In other words, could this just be a legitimate "Oopsie!"

It's possible - but that only popped up today - so it's obviously a recent change.  

With your question Darq, would that even be possible? And how would that get to other websites if it's just an oopsie on their part? It seems to me like they deliberately had put something there to mess with other websites. I am just a little curious on how an oopsie would make it's way to where it was.

All those fansite buttons have a hotlink code - they all originate with the topsite itself.  You don't put them up like ordinary buttons - much of it is dictated by the topsite.  In this case, the code connected to that button had been changed in some way. 

Visit Calalilysims

Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: