PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 23:47:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1070375 times)
vindi
ARR!

Nom nom nom

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #3585 on: 2009 February 22, 23:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When putting photos into an album, which you show your friends, you would not expect those pictures to be copied and nailed to the door of the local barber shop.
He didn't put the pictures in an album to be shared with friends. He posted them onto a forum to share with employees.

If he had posted pictures of the new house anywhere  but TSR, then it wouldn't have been appropriate to mention here at all. But he did post them somewhere where he knew that the would get leaked. Almost like he wanted to show the pirates his new house as well Tongue.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: 2009 February 22, 23:17:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Solander
But i still think some information should kept private. And this does definetely include pictures of a private house, which is only presumably payed with subscription fees.

Coconut's discretion has always been exemplary. Like Paleo and the others have stated, it was Thomass who originally posted those photos on the web despite the fact he knew coconut had full access to the TSR forums. And if he was so concerned do you think he would have released the second group of photos knowing this? Regardless, it's just photos. No address, no town, no phone number were released. That is way more consideration than the asshole and his minions allowed the TSR members whose personal information they gleefully traded back and forth.

It's those people - and only them - that I feel for.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: 2009 February 23, 03:07:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi everyone,

maybe this is somewhat unpopular but I still want to write a short posting concerning a specific topic.

Don't you think you get too personal sometimes? I mean, the pictures of Thomas (I use his real name, yes, as I don't think, that the broad variety you can find here is appropriate) house did cross a border that should not be crossed in my eyes. Even if you guys can't stand him and even if everything you can read at tsr.mustbedestroyed.org is true, i still believe that one should not go too far. Fighting against a site or its politics regarding free sites, pirates or whatever is one thing. Digging in the private life of whatever person another.

The thing is Solander, we have done no digging. He laid them out. If he didn't want people to know he was getting a new house, he wouldn't have posted them. Like Devilfish said, if we stalked his wife and picked on her because she had a scar on her hand from a cat, that would be going to personal. I do think you make good points that we shouldn't personally pick at him because it will just give the pirates a bad reputation, but I started this thread because those paysite owning bastards think that their own shit smells like roses. They think that because they take to many people in this community for idiots, and honestly he deserves what he is getting for his actions.

Thank you for not bashing me so far  Roll Eyes

Well, maybe you are right and they were already published, but i still don't like the idea of exposing too many details of the real life of a specific person on the internet. The pictures may have been posted on a private board, but the poster did not expect them to be published accros the internet. When putting photos into an album, which you show your friends, you would not expect those pictures to be copied and nailed to the door of the local barber shop. At least i would not do so and would definetely not be amused Wink

What i wanted to say was: If you do say something in public, post public available information or whatever, you agree for this information to be available for everyone. In my case, this means, that I did disclose my personal picture, my messenger address, my real world address (german law, it's a pitty Wink), my mail adress as well as lots of other details about my personal life (name of my dog, where i was born and much more). But i did do so knowing that this information may be republished somewhere else.

With "don't publish private life details" i meant making information available to the public, the original poster did not intend to be available to everyone.

I know one can argue about this for hours and will still find some pros and cons so i did not intend to condemn anyone. But i still think some information should kept private. And this does definetely include pictures of a private house, which is only presumably payed with subscription fees.

He knew that board wasn't private though. Nothing on the internet is "private" information. That's why they always say that if your registering for something to never use your real name, address, SSN, or anything. Because if someone really wanted to, they could get into it. Obviously he knew Coconut was posting information from his "private" board, yet he continued anyways. All of this would end if Thomas would conduct his "business" in a  "business" fashion. Those FA's are not his friends. They are his employees. Not family, lovers, acquaintances, or anything. Employees. Yet he is sharing information of his "customers" to his employees which is highly illegal. And he's trying to get every forum that doesn't agree with him shut down. Honestly, there is no privacy whenever you go into a trench war.

Yes he may not have wanted his house to become public information. But any one of those FA's could have reposted what coconut has posted. Hell even the moderators could have done it. There is no disclaimer in his post that he didn't want it reposted. By doing what he did, he should have expected it to get out to the masses soon enough. It would be like on here, if I posted a picture of my vag, I wouldn't be shocked if other forums were talking about it, or if the members said "Ewww comes look at this!" to their significant other. He knew there was a chance of it getting posted, yet did it anyways. Let him reap what he sows.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: 2009 February 23, 03:19:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. I got the feeling that the whole point in posting those pictures of the house was to spread the word around. The point was to get his subordinates to ooh and ahh. He was telling them in first place to get public praise.
Ashbashtus
ARR!

Join us! We haz cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: 2009 February 23, 03:20:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know one can argue about this for hours and will still find some pros and cons so i did not intend to condemn anyone. But i still think some information should kept private. And this does definetely include pictures of a private house, which is only presumably payed with subscription fees.

"Presumably" is bit of a stretch, dontcha think? Thomass hasn't proven that he has an actual job besides TSR, so unless his wife is rich, that house was more than likely paid for by subscriptions.  Roll Eyes

While I can understand your reasoning behind your argument, I just can't agree with it. Thomass knew about the Coconut Blog. Lately he's even been trying to exploit it for his own gains. He knew that whatever he posted in his supersekrit forum was fair game. We didn't dig for pictures of his house or himself. He put them out there. Unfortunetly, there is no such thing as privacy on the internet. I have my facebook account set to private, but if I post pictures of myself being asshat drunk in a dorm, thats not guarunteed to be private. If my school gets the pictures, I can't argue that because I posted them on my private site that they can't be used against me. I would still have done something wrong and it was exposed. Thomass used money paid to keep TSR running to build his new home. Thats wrong, and deserved to be exposed. Besides I don't see any of us picking up our lives to fly to Sweden (depending where you are) to burn and pillage Thomass' new house...Pescado doesn't like to leave the bunker long enough for a commercial flight anyways  Tongue

"Ook ook, eek eek, motherfucker" -Paden
ShakeShaft's a fucking thief and Thoma$$' little bitch.
TSR, the home of JesusDot
aeris
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: 2009 February 23, 03:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A lot of people - me included - didn't know about this house, and they were upset to discover that their money wasn't used to pay server fees but a second house for Thomas. And a lot of them cancelled their subs after this. I think that as long as it's TSR related, that there is no real adress or any real life private info, Coconut was right to post this.

loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
coconut
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3591 on: 2009 February 23, 03:40:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first shots of his house were posted on the regular FA forums, this was before the super secret NDA forums existed. Now that they have the new 'Non Disclosure Agreement section', where do you think he posted the completed house pictures? The answer would be- In the regular 'unprotected' FA/MOD forums, not that I would have refrained from posting them if they were in the NDA, I just wanted to point out that he did want more people to see them, other than the few half-wits who actually bothered to sign his silly, non binding little form.

From the shot of the rear, the house itself reminds me of Amityville.
« Last Edit: 2009 February 23, 03:48:24 by coconut » Logged

Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3592 on: 2009 February 23, 03:43:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be like on here, if I posted a picture of my vag, I wouldn't be shocked if other forums were talking about it, or if the members said "Ewww comes look at this!" to their significant other.

Miss Bonbon, i just can't get that image outta my head now. If i dream about your Vag tonight it's all your fault! LOL

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3593 on: 2009 February 23, 03:57:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coconut! *hands over some really nice rum*

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: 2009 February 23, 04:03:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its the expensive rum, right soggyfox?

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: 2009 February 23, 04:08:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only the best rum for the coconut person! Cheesy

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3596 on: 2009 February 23, 04:14:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shots of 151 all round!  Smiley

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3597 on: 2009 February 23, 04:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yupyup - we've missed our Coconut person, who is as amusing and insightful on the forums as she is in her journal.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: 2009 February 23, 04:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Drink that rum and let's sing a sea shanty. Anybody know any?
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: 2009 February 23, 04:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the first song I learned in English was a shanty. Well not real english, newfoundland English  lol   We sing this all the time in the pubs here.

We'll rant and we'll roar like true Newfoundlanders
We'll rant and we'll roar on deck and below
Until we see bottom inside the two sunkers
When straight through the Channel to Toslow we'll go.

I'm a son of a sea cook, and a cook in a trader
I can dance, I can sing, I can reef the mainboom
I can handle a jigger, and cuts a big figure
Whenever I gets in a boat's standing room.

If the voyage is good, this fall will do it
I wants two pounds ten for a ring and the priest
A couple of dollars for clean shirt and collars
And a handful of coppers to make up a feast.

There's plump little Polly, her name is Goldsworthy
There's John Coady's Kitty and Mary Tibbo
There's Clara from Bruley and young Martha Foley
But the nicest of all is my girl in Toslow.

Farewell and adieu to ye fair ones of Valen
Farewell and adieu to ye girls in the Cove
I'm bound to the westward, to the wall with the hole in
I'll take her from Toslow the wide world to rove.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: