PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 22:19:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1073484 times)
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #2655 on: 2009 January 19, 15:35:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh hell... reading black garden rant just made my eyes bleed.

And I think it is funny...even tho TSR gets invited to creator camps or what not... their stuff still stinks and people will still go to MTS2 for quality stuff. ( and other sites like wickednouk family and GOS) Like MTS2  gives a rats ass that they were not invited to the picnic.

When are they going to learn over at the TSR that their sales are not down because of the booty....maybe no one wants to pay for sub standard stuff. No one wants custom sims with huge heads that look like men. No one wants dumb lamps that look like vibrators stuck to a wall. Or a lot I can build myself in 10 minutes.

No matter what EA says about paysites... I will never pay for CC ever because there always will be awesome free stuff. If I was to hand over cash for CC it better be some pretty good stuff.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: 2009 January 19, 15:52:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No matter what EA says about paysites... I will never pay for CC ever because there always will be awesome free stuff. If I was to hand over cash for CC it better be some pretty good stuff.

I won't either.  I was dumb enough to believe once that subscriptions to TSR just paid for the site, not to pay the artists.  I will not make the same mistake again.  However, if EA does say that Paysites are fine with them, I won't support this site and I won't badmouth any paysite for charging. 

However, even if EA  comes out and hands TSR a gold medal and gives them a thank-you blowjob in front of the world, I still won't feel that they had any right to share personal information like they did.  That one act is what really made me hate paysites, TSR in particular.   

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: 2009 January 19, 17:22:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing that I found funny in BlackGarden's rant was she said that the EULA referred to fansite tools only. First, how is it EA's tool if it is a fansite tool? But anyway ,if I make a tool for the sims, like that of SimPE, EA can't tell me what I can do with it, seeing as most of the time it only imports game information for reading, and some of the tool don't even do that, such as a family creator. And if she was not meaning the tools themselves, but the content that comes from the tools, then we get into another thing. If the content made from fansite tools can be put on paysites, then the objects TSR sells would be fine, if EA has control over the entire community and what they do, and we can see that they don't. But also she said that it could not be applied to the game or the official game tools because it could not be applied retrospectively, which I though the word you would use there was retroactively, but whatever. But if it could not apply to the official tools, such as bodyshop and homecrafter, and if that meant to content coming from said tools, then a good chunck of TSR's content would still be illegal. So all she really did is go in circles and not clear anything up, if anything she made what happens at TSR sound worse.
If BlackGarden was ever the spokeswoman for TSR, they would have so many legal problems and lose so much money.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: 2009 January 19, 18:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will never support the TSR either...no matter what EA may say about them. Knowing what I know now....forget it. Especially since some of there FA's and other staff seem to have such rotten attitudes towards other non TSR creators.  BG may bash MTS2...but if I am not mistaken they are the only place to get such programs as CEP? and the popular clean installer....2 tools that every simmer who like CC needs.

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: 2009 January 19, 18:42:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, its funny how the worst sims site there is, in TSR's eyes, has made it possible for their money scam to keep running. TSR does not think about things all they way through, once they get to a thought that make them look good and a competitor look bad, they stop the thought process, even if there is more to the thought then "We good, them bad."

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: 2009 January 19, 23:13:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if T$R and their staff had less of an inclination to constantly cash in on other peoples images. Other companies trademark products, logo's and uniforms. Other graphic artists hard work and effort. I might be willing listen an argument about propitiatory rights were EA to approve paysites. However, that's not really the case is it now.

It can be brand name style furniture, a piece of designer clothing, a famous person, a company logo or an Xbox. It doesn't matter to them who it actually belongs to. They will copy it and sell it. Then they have the audacity claim it's their creation. They were the artists that worked hard to make it and they should be compensated for their time.

Ya we're the thieves. Riiiiiight. Stupid TSard.

In those instances they are no different then the guy outside stadiums selling "unofficial" band tee shirts and memorabilia.

If you want to make that stuff and give it away, I have zero problem. I'll probably take it and enjoy it. However if you're going to sell it for profit, at least have a little class, admit what you're doing and don't insult peoples intelligence by presuming to take the high road.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: 2009 January 19, 23:52:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, as I understand it (and let's face it, it's quite hard to when Blackgarden opens her mouth), TSR are wilfully reverse-engineering EAxis' code, slipping in a virus (or a "watermark" in T$R-speak) and then sending it out to their paying customers - two direct breaches of the EULA, is it not?

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: 2009 January 20, 00:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, as I understand it (and let's face it, it's quite hard to when Blackgarden opens her mouth), TSR are wilfully reverse-engineering EAxis' code, slipping in a virus (or a "watermark" in T$R-speak) and then sending it out to their paying customers - two direct breaches of the EULA, is it not?

Yes, but you forget TSR can do no wrong in the eyes of Eaxis!  TSR is perfect!  TSR got invited to the creator tea party for TS3!  TSR RULEZ!~!~ 

That irritates me too, that EAxis must know by now what TSR did sharing personal information and they still cater to them. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Ashbashtus
ARR!

Join us! We haz cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: 2009 January 20, 01:12:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but you forget TSR can do no wrong in the eyes of Eaxis!  TSR is perfect!  TSR got invited to the creator tea party for TS3!  TSR RULEZ!~!~ 

That irritates me too, that EAxis must know by now what TSR did sharing personal information and they still cater to them. 
Exactly, which is why I hope they screw each other royally in their little relationship. I believe that karma is powerful, and when TS3 fails miserably, EA will have wished that they payed closer attention to who they aligned themselves with.

"Ook ook, eek eek, motherfucker" -Paden
ShakeShaft's a fucking thief and Thoma$$' little bitch.
TSR, the home of JesusDot
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: 2009 January 20, 01:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is funny...the fact that blackgarden makes her creations by ripping off other companies ( WII, xbox) and then crys about stealing. I highly doubt she has permission from those companies .

And it is a slap in the face to the entire sims community that EA seems to always back the TSR. The sims 3 may start off ok...but I think it will die fast. EA being in bed with the TSR will help that. WE here already know this, but now it is catching on through out the sims community.Not too many people have high hopes for the sims 3 any more.

Steroide
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: 2009 January 20, 09:23:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I think it is funny...even tho TSR gets invited to creator camps or what not... their stuff still stinks and people will still go to MTS2 for quality stuff. ( and other sites like wickednouk family and GOS) Like MTS2  gives a rats ass that they were not invited to the picnic.
But I really don't get why MTS2 should be invited. Hasn't Delphy stated that there will be no MTS3?
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2666 on: 2009 January 20, 13:29:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is true.  The original person behind MTS  has retired near the start of last year, and announced as such.  Perhaps EA should have looked toward WNF or GoS or even good ol' Insim for CC reps.  These guys will probably still be around when Sims 4 is released, and remain bigger and more popular names than any of the fools from TS2 could ever aspire to being.

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: 2009 January 20, 14:35:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I really don't get why MTS2 should be invited. Hasn't Delphy stated that there will be no MTS3?

I have heard that rumor, never seen it myself. But if it is true then that could be why they were not invited too.  BUT even tho delphy left, he did leave the site in very good hands who might decide to carry on.

As some one else mentioned it is kinda funny that NO other creators were invited to the picnic( not that I am aware of) ... free or pay. You think EA who love to get in bed with peggy...after all if it wasn't for her the 12's would have no hair for their sims LOL

Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2668 on: 2009 January 20, 16:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have heard that rumor, never seen it myself. But if it is true then that could be why they were not invited too.  BUT even tho delphy left, he did leave the site in very good hands who might decide to carry on.

In case you want to read up, it's announced here: http://my.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=262191

You know, I pretty much agree with everything that has been said regarding BG's childish outburst, but one thing that gets to me is how she accuses "the pirates" (Those who share TSR stuff? Everyone on this forum? Everyone anti-paysite? They never seem to get that straight.) of being greedy and wanting stuff without paying for it, that we want to keep our money, then proudly follows up with "Well who wouldn't? But not everything in life is free." It sounds like she doesn't even realise she's part of the problem. She would like everything to be free, yes, but not if it cuts into her profits. The hypocrisy of that is appaling to me. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it's that sort of backwards logic that makes me disregard everything else she has to say.

If TS3 comes out with a EULA that makes it clear that paysites or at least TSR is allowed to run a commercial website and make a profit selling items for TS3, then I will never download any payfiles that I haven't paid for.   I will never participate in a place like this either.

This may not be a popular statement (and it's sort of a mute point since I hardly use the booty), but I personally would not have a problem with this site staying up even if that happened. It was never a legal issue for me, more of a political one. Even if EA proclaimed paysites the Walhalla of custom content, I wouldn't have a problem with people coming by the files through less-than-legal means. I obviously care a great deal about the paysite issue and the legal implications, but underneath all that I just really freaking hate EA and think they don't deserve a single penny they get. It's an activist thing, I suppose. I wouldn't advocate burning down a Burger King to protest the treatment of animals, never in my life, but I wouldn't have a problem with downloading everything I bloody well want even if it were illegal (which right now, it isn't, I know). Because EA, as a corporate entity, doesn't deserve any better.

It's a slippery slope, I realise that. Who am I to decide who deserves what and all that. But still, I would never be able to bring myself to defend EA's legal right to treat us like vermin and kick us in the ass untill money stops coming out. I couldn't do it. I can't bring myself to respect the rights of those who trample all over mine. It's not right, I know, but it's how I feel about it. Maybe it's a Belgian thing.  Cheesy

Kudos to those who'd leave well enough alone though. You've got more restraint and moral fiber than I do.

Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: 2009 January 20, 18:05:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR was not the only site with people at the Camp.  The list from another BBS is:

The Sims Resource - http://thesimsresource.com/news/site/
* TheSidDog - http://thesiddog.com/
* WorldSims - http://www.worldsims.org/
* EdenStyle - http://www.edenstyle.it/index_engl.htm
* Parsimonious - http://www.parsimonious.org/
* Simcredible Designs - http://sims2.simcredibledesigns.com/
* Sims-Magazin
* Machinima Artist VRevis - http://www.youtube.com/user/VRevis
* Daily Sims - http://www.daily-sims.com/
* Decorgal - http://www.decorgal.com/
* Simply Styling - http://www.simplystyling.de/homesims2.html
* Holy Simoly - http://www.holysimoly.com/index.cfm?go=home.welcome

EdenStyle and Parsimonious are both purely free sites.  I've never heard of a couple of them, but as one is obviously a Machinima site the others may be as well.

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: