PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 20:24:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1069903 times)
Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

still the same simian of plunder

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #2625 on: 2009 January 17, 03:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not certain I follow you.

http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/https.asp

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: 2009 January 17, 09:06:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That does nothing to explain what the stupid 12 is yammering about.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2627 on: 2009 January 17, 09:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is with 'secure' coding or whatever is that ultimately it is like a sign screaming 'Oh God Hack Me Please'.  Its just too much of a temptation to some hackers.  They'll hack it just to prove a point.  If the temptation's not there, its no fun,  they won't bother.  So, HTTP I suspect is ultimately more secure than HTTPS.  Apparently, its just as easy to hack only its twice the temptation.  But that isn't to say not to observe some security practices (Ultimately, though, the only way to stay completely safe on the net is to rip out the Ethernet or USB cable that runs from your computer to the modem/router.)

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
eph
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2628 on: 2009 January 17, 10:11:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Btw, HTTPS is meant to protect you from outside scripts that fish your data while you log in, not from the site owner. If you truly think decent applications (like this forum software, for instance) don't encrypt your password and that everyone using HTTP is trying to get your data, you should get off all forums and other websites with login NOW. And if you think Paypal, amazon and other websites using HTTPS cannot view your adress and whatever other data you gave them just as easily as HTTP site owners - you should get off the internet completely.

To be back on topic, I wonder when coconut will update again.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: 2009 January 17, 10:53:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Btw, HTTPS is meant to protect you from outside scripts that fish your data while you log in, not from the site owner.
No, HTTPS is meant to protect you from people on your local network running packet sniffers. It is relatively ineffective vs. phishing because phishing sites create a sufficiently convincing facsimile of the target to convince you to punch in your details, possibly including a pass-through to forward you to the actual site once they have your dox. However, "people running packetsniffers for malicious purposes" is a relatively uncommon thing on modern networks, which are generally switched. For this threat to be meaningful, you tend to have to be on a local segment populated by other unswitched users, such as a university dorm, computer lab, or wireless network. It isn't even effective at, say, public terminals, because public terminals can be infested with keyloggers which will trap the data from the keyboard itself, not the network, or even physical spy-cameras which can visually intercept and replay the entry. As such, HTTPS is not really that effective as a defense against hackers. It are a fact. I know because of my learnings. The procedures for attacking an HTTPS-encrypted link are basically exactly the same as a standard HTTP site, only with additional wrinkles that HTTPS produces which actually serve only to produce a false sense of user security and make users even easier to manipulate into behaving insecurely.

If you truly think decent applications (like this forum software, for instance) don't encrypt your password and that everyone using HTTP is trying to get your data, you should get off all forums and other websites with login NOW.
Forum softwares generally store passwords in a hashed form which is not recoverable, and authenticate a password entry by simply applying the hash function to your input and comparing with the existing hashed entry: A correct password will match when fed through the sausage grinder, an incorrect one will not. This is why if you lose your password, the software cannot mail it to you and you must reset it, as the forum does not actually know what your password is. Softwares that actually ALLOW you to recover your password store them in a retrievable format and are therefore insecure.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: 2009 January 17, 16:02:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Soo.... I take it everyone's seen the latest sim secret post about Thomas and Atwat? I'd post this in "poor atwat" but I hear necromancy is evil.

carry on. I'm not here.
Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: 2009 January 17, 16:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Soo.... I take it everyone's seen the latest sim secret post about Thomas and Atwat? I'd post this in "poor atwat" but I hear necromancy is evil.

carry on. I'm not here.

No, no, please go on; this thread screams for juicy Atwat & Thoma$$ gossip   Grin
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: 2009 January 17, 16:12:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

carry on. I'm not here.

No, no, please go on; this thread screams for juicy Atwat & Thoma$$ gossip   Grin

In that case!
I was wondering if this is real. I've been trying to find the tsr account that Thomas commented on in it's guestbook, but it seems to have vanished.

Real? Yay or nay?
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2633 on: 2009 January 17, 16:34:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be back on topic, I wonder when coconut will update again.

Today:

http://tsrcoconut.wordpress.com/2009/01/17/blackgarden-23/

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: 2009 January 17, 21:33:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oolong, Shocked was that real?

Also, hooray for coconut updates!
Edit!
Is this what 'BlackGarden' was talking about?

Cause that is pretty smutty - not that we'd expect less from TSR or anything.
It's also poorly made, but, once again, it being TSR and all...
« Last Edit: 2009 January 17, 21:42:18 by dusdeedawn » Logged

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: 2009 January 18, 03:30:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked

been trying to get the mrs into something like that   Kiss

no dice  Cry    only flannel and wool socks   Sad
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: 2009 January 18, 04:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oolongteadrinker, that was quite the read.  Grin And, OMG, "piss stained walls"? Well, I guess if there was anyone who'd consider that a design option it would be atwat.

BlackGarden vs Chaz -

I'm getting the distinct impression that BlackGarden wants to rule over the Kingdom of Fuglia all by herself now.

kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: 2009 January 18, 05:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

meh

She's probably just pissed cause she can't figure out how he gets his heads so big.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: 2009 January 18, 06:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe she ought to invest in a bicycle tire pump like he did?

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
bubbs
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: 2009 January 18, 21:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New coconut update

http://tsrcoconut.wordpress.com/2009/01/18/black-garden-33/
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: