PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:29:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1060111 times)
Lady Vader
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #2595 on: 2009 January 14, 04:00:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great first post on a forum, but I just gotta say this:

Neriana, I don't know anything about anything that happened between Pescado and Brynne, as a matter of fact I don't know any of you guys. But I know Brynne, and bloody 'ell, she IS an attention whore completely unable in taking any sort of criticism. Even becuase of being part of the Machinima community, I have no idea why she got invited, because her videos are tragic, boring, a plotless line of images in more or less one theme and badly edited to add. All in a blurry quality, one shot shot in higher resolution, another shot in low making it all pixelated, and that not even in separate scenes, but shots of one continious - pure amateurism. There are tens of talented sim movie makers, and she's definitely not one of 'em.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: 2009 January 14, 04:28:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure how relevant this is to trying to get TSR shut down, but I'll post is anyway and see what you all think. I was reading the European Union PayPal User Agreement. Under restricted activities,which are defined as activities done in connection with your(TSR) use of our website(PayPal), your Account, or the Services, or in the course of your interactions with PayPal, a User or a third party, letter i states Use an anonymising proxy. So to my understanding it would mean that even when the person or people running a site were to do anything they could no use a proxy that hides who they are. If anyone wants to correct me on this, please do, and here is a link to the section of the User Agreement that I got this info from,  https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/UserAgreement/ua/EUUA-outside#restricted-policy

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2597 on: 2009 January 14, 04:32:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*grabs newspaper, rolls it up, and cracks missangelica on the noggin'*  SimAr got it right, not you.  I was being sarcastic when I said 'apparently'.  I know full well that there are no Sims Store items on the site or in the booty.  There never has and there never will be.  If I can recall correctly, Pescado said as much himself in another thread.  Some dopey Maxoid on EAs forum got it wrong in the first place by saying something about the booty being illegal and that we were hosting Sims 2 Store stuff.

*wacks missangelica again just for the hell of it*

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
aeris
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: 2009 January 14, 06:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was reading Coconut's blog (i can't stop wondering,who the hell is coconut?? I'm about to think that it's Tom's wife! Grin)
Anyways, she mentionned this:

He (Steve) is still remaining tight lipped about Harmonia’s sudden departure from FA

Well,Harmonia is still a FA. She was demoted to the SA group for two days,and now,she's back...a quick return to the money tree!
Second news: Forwardmotion,an retired FA, is coming back (or so he says in his blog). I give him a week to be promoted again,like they did with Grizzelda.

Because I possess extremely damaging information that, if known, would make her politically unacceptable?

crappy content is already politically unacceptable! Cheesy

loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
Moore
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: 2009 January 14, 06:57:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kate, Decorgal, Suza, and Jope are all talented.  What I can't figure out is Manager Josh. Huh

It is my understanding that "Manager Josh" is the nephew (or something of the sort) of someone who works for EA. This would explain his invite. Remember, it is not what you know, but who you know.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: 2009 January 14, 08:50:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado doesn't like her because he pushed her too far and she took her toys and went home. Considering how many people he's done that to, I don't think it says anything much about her. Of course he likes to claim he has some kind of control regarding her, he does that. Often.
Honestly, you claim far too much about Spilt Pee Soup that simply isn't true. I don't really care enough one way or another when it comes to "like" or "dislike". You should know this by now. I don't like anyone unless they are useful or amusing. This is why I don't like YOU. At least Spilt Pee Soup continues to be amusing even in absentia, so in this regard, I like her more than I like YOU. Aren't you supposed to be souping?

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2601 on: 2009 January 14, 09:30:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So to my understanding it would mean that even when the person or people running a site were to do anything they could no use a proxy that hides who they are.

Yes, but you'd have to be able to pin down if they were using a proxy for personal business or professional business.  You'd also have to prove that they use a proxy, which is a little difficult.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2602 on: 2009 January 14, 13:04:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apologies for the double post - new coconut.

BlackGarden and the creator's camp:

http://tsrcoconut.wordpress.com/2009/01/14/blackgarden-13/

Lol at BG having no idea of the Atwat machinations and tdyannd not telling her.  Nest of vipers, I say.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
cabbycat
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: 2009 January 14, 14:45:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanted to say thanks for writing this post because I was doing a project at school about internet safety and so I went on here seeing if any post had something I could use and this showed up so thank you.
Anyway I went on to TSR sign-up page just to check it out and I noticed that it has HTTP instead of HTTPS on it. So that would mean that someone is looking at your personal info .
And now thanks to your post I got an A+

For those of you who don't know the HTTP/HTTPS thing (Just incase)
HTTP means HyperText Transport Protocal.
HTTPS mean HyperText Transport Protoal Secure.
Now when people sign up to TSR(or any other sites like it.I just feel like picking on TSR) they are not protected by a Secure Socket Layer which encrypts your data when you sign up.
This means that who ever runs the site will now have you personal data unencrypted and so they are free to to access your account details,credit card numbers,Social Security Numbers,PINs ect.

This makes TSR cybercrooks. And I'm pretty sure someone could sue but I'm not sure. If people just noticed the HTTP thing when they signed up TSR would be gone for good.

Sorry if I'm sounding like I'm a know-it-all. You can all hate me now.  Sad
But first heres some rum

and do you really want this face to cry

Don't be too harsh with your hatred.Believe or not that's the best picture of my dog.

"There is always death and taxes; however, death doesn\'t get worse every year." - Unknown "Here's to you and here's to me, and I hope we never disagree. But, if that should ever be, to HELL with you, here's to ME!" - Unknown
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: 2009 January 14, 16:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So to my understanding it would mean that even when the person or people running a site were to do anything they could no use a proxy that hides who they are.
Yes, but you'd have to be able to pin down if they were using a proxy for personal business or professional business.  You'd also have to prove that they use a proxy, which is a little difficult.
Worth considering is the fact that PAYPAL is not exactly an honest business, either. They are ALSO a bunch of crooks, cheats, and thieves, and the only reason they have such a rule at all is because they are trying to mine your data themselves. As such, you really can't blame anyone if they DO use a proxy when dealing with them, because you rightly SHOULD.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: 2009 January 14, 20:11:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't PayPal owned by E-bay? The whole world is out to get your financial info, kids.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2606 on: 2009 January 14, 23:04:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah it is.  Ebay Australia recently tried to force users to use Paypal as the only mode of payment for anything purchased on their online auction site.  An Australian Government watchdog stopped it though (forgotten which one).

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
eternal_darkness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: 2009 January 14, 23:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DEATH TO PAYPAL... AND TSR...AND 4 HOUR PATHOLOGY CLASSES!

The World Will Look Up and Shout, “Save Us!” And I’ll Look Down and Whisper, “No.”
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2608 on: 2009 January 14, 23:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, e-bay owns paypal, which makes the paypal hypocrisy that made MTS2 split off to SS2 even worse.  I've sold adult stuff on e-bay, to clear out stuff abandoned by an ex roomie.  Sells just fine and you can use paypal for it.  But you can't even have sim versions of fine art on a site, if it included nudity, and use paypal for donations.

*snorts*

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
eternal_darkness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: 2009 January 15, 00:25:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If anything, Paypal makes it a lot easier for kids to access adult content. Kids are a lot more computer savvy than many adults think and can easily get mommy or daddy's paypal username and password. Then it's a done deal.

The World Will Look Up and Shout, “Save Us!” And I’ll Look Down and Whisper, “No.”
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: