PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 05:48:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1070417 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #2550 on: 2009 January 10, 17:52:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if Happy Moon Belly was able to put in a good word for Kate, she was at Parsimonious before becoming a Maxoid after all.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Ashbashtus
ARR!

Join us! We haz cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: 2009 January 10, 18:53:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm all for a snailmail campaign.

I just read this at Parsimonious' front page ( www.parsimonious.org ):

Kate says: I'm off to California next week for the Sims 3 Creator's Camp - if you've any questions about Sims 3 you'd like me to ask Maxis then email me and I'll do my best to get answers about the up coming Sims title!

Seemingly EA invited a few free creators, after all. Still, they should only have invited free creators and not that TSR scum. >_>

Well theres a small bit of good news, at least.

"Ook ook, eek eek, motherfucker" -Paden
ShakeShaft's a fucking thief and Thoma$$' little bitch.
TSR, the home of JesusDot
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: 2009 January 10, 23:45:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tell EA to screw off. Don't buy Sims 3. Arr it instead. Don't give more money to them. The fact that they still support TSR...they're asshats, plain and simple.  The last bit of money they got from me was Seasons and since they started SecureShit and I found out about the Payshite bullshit I've not given them another dime and have absolutely no intention of doing so.

They can burn in the fiery depths of Hypocrisy Hell as far as I'm concerned.

I wouldn't even arr it because in an article a few months back it said that how the in game ads will be set up, even if you didn't buy the game and have an arred version of the game, EA would still get money from the ads. So in the long run you would be helping EA by getting an arred version.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: 2009 January 11, 03:00:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't even arr it because in an article a few months back it said that how the in game ads will be set up, even if you didn't buy the game and have an arred version of the game, EA would still get money from the ads. So in the long run you would be helping EA by getting an arred version.

Yup, I thought so too. Hence I won't even Arr it. I despise ads in games, and wish to snail mail a letter of complaint to EA (I think it's a great idea Darqs). But to headquaters (are they in the US?) or to my country's division? (EA ASIA, I am from Australia)

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: 2009 January 11, 03:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just don't allow it on the Interwebs by firewalling it off. Problem solved.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2555 on: 2009 January 11, 16:21:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, its quite likely that pirates would disable that anyway, if you get a good version.  Since EA can't even hinder their games getting pirated, I doubt they could force ads on us either.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Nova Strike
Landlubber

I demand an explanation for your bullshit.

View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: 2009 January 11, 17:32:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can already guess the first TS3 hacks we can expect.

No censor blur and no ads! XD

eternal_darkness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: 2009 January 11, 18:38:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.freewebs.com/boycottea/index.htm

If anyone's interested. Sounds like this guy could really get something going with a little more help.

The World Will Look Up and Shout, “Save Us!” And I’ll Look Down and Whisper, “No.”
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2558 on: 2009 January 11, 18:44:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't really get people to boycott things through just asking them though - you have to make good argument as to why they should do it.  I think by now most people have made up their minds about EA and their villainy - they'll either accept it or they won't.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
eternal_darkness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: 2009 January 11, 18:57:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually being one of those annoying " I don't own it but I'll review it" amazon (and whoever) customers could be helpful as well. It will probably be spam from what I've seen, but w/e.

The World Will Look Up and Shout, “Save Us!” And I’ll Look Down and Whisper, “No.”
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2560 on: 2009 January 11, 19:01:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually being one of those annoying " I don't own it but I'll review it" amazon (and whoever) customers could be helpful as well. It will probably be spam from what I've seen, but w/e.

I think that's a good idea, and will probably happen rather spontaneously.  Certainly it would be spam - but it would make it onto news - which is bad for EA. Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: 2009 January 11, 19:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would seem that there are a lot more people who are aware of EA's shady practices than we think. The other night I was playing Runes of Magic (an MMO), and someone was whinging about the game and going on about how Warhammer Online was far better (WO is also a completely different game with a monthly fee). Then around twenty other people started slagging off EA, DRM , installation limits and SecuROM in response - It was great fun to watch!

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2562 on: 2009 January 12, 15:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The full list of creators invited to that camp is up. Coconut has it.

KatrinaHighKick
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: 2009 January 12, 16:28:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason Acrobat can't open the pdf on my computer. I can only open it with the Fox It reader.
Anyhow, it seems that there are a few free creators on the list, but none from MTS2  Roll Eyes

Paysites? Just say Arr!
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2564 on: 2009 January 12, 16:49:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://tsrcoconut.wordpress.com/2009/01/12/ts3-ea-creators-camp/ - the link for you all, just in case it's not in your favourites.

Visit Calalilysims

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: