PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 15:18:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1073425 times)
Ashbashtus
ARR!

Join us! We haz cookies!

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #2535 on: 2009 January 09, 19:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, when did we decide that EA was going to give TSR a monopoly?   Huh  I suggest that TSR might feel panicked because their cash cow is on it's last legs, and somehow by degrees it turns into TSR is in a Mongolian Cluster Fuck with EA.  No one has given any real proof that EA has any intention of doing this.  I don't like either EA or TSR, but that doesn't mean they're in bed together.

I don't know who was invited to what Sims3 party, but they did the same thing for Sims2 and it didn't result in anything like this.  It's just another publicity stunt.

Running around screaming the sky is falling only gets you into a stew.

Well the very fact that EA invited the TSR creators to the party, when they are violating EA's own EULA, kinda screams conspiracy. It's bad enough that EA allows TSR to illegally violate their terms, but encouraging them to do so is whats leaving a bitter taste in all of our mouthes. This association alone is why I refuse to buy The Sims 3. I call bullshit and hope EA disappears into a big fiery hole. My hatred for TSR and other payshites is the only reason I'm a part of the fight against them. IMHO, I don't give two shits whether TSR fucks EA out of money. What I care about is the innocent and unknowing people they fuck money out of.

I miss when Maxis and EA were two seperate entities. Why Will Wright let EA turn his brainchild into its cashcow is beyond me.
Jumps off soapbox

"Ook ook, eek eek, motherfucker" -Paden
ShakeShaft's a fucking thief and Thoma$$' little bitch.
TSR, the home of JesusDot
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: 2009 January 09, 19:35:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As someone pointed out on another board Maxis was guilty of doing the same thing to Bullfrog when it bought it out.  I don't hold any illusions about why any for-profit entity does anything.  Granted there are some companies that realize doing what benefits the customer is likely to generate profits, but even they will modify this to maxiimize profit. 

Part of me wants to tell EA to screw off and not buy SIms 3, but the other part of my brain points out that it's only a goddam game and not that big an investment that I can't dump it if I choose.  I'm just about to get rid of Spellforce2 and it's upgrade for being too bloody annoying and those were about the price of Sims 3.  I confess I only DLed them to try out Steam and so far the experiment has been a Phail.

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: 2009 January 09, 21:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do what EA do with their communities, and just leave it for dead.
Nova Strike
Landlubber

I demand an explanation for your bullshit.

View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: 2009 January 09, 23:04:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm actually thinking TSR really is shagging EA behind-the-scenes. We don't know that TSR isn't buying EA off so EA conveniently looks the other way as TSR milks the general public of every last nickle and dime. EA's been whoring TSR as one of the 'best' sites since Sims 1. So I SERIOUSLY almost expect it.

eternal_darkness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: 2009 January 10, 00:24:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm actually thinking TSR really is shagging EA behind-the-scenes.

Or perhaps EA is merely seducing TSR while they're useful. When they aren't useful anymore, EA will go back to who they're married to (themselves) and leave TSR a nice "thank you card" on the doorstep of their apartment; then crash. Art imitating life Wink

The World Will Look Up and Shout, “Save Us!” And I’ll Look Down and Whisper, “No.”
Nova Strike
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: 2009 January 10, 00:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm actually thinking TSR really is shagging EA behind-the-scenes.

Or perhaps EA is merely seducing TSR while they're useful. When they aren't useful anymore, EA will go back to who they're married to (themselves) and leave TSR a nice "thank you card" on the doorstep of their apartment; then crash. Art imitating life Wink

So as long as TSR is paying EA off behind the scenes.....

It all makes sense now! Cheesy

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: 2009 January 10, 01:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then a month or so later, they'll have to go to the clinic to see what kind of nasty they got from T#R and with luck, it will be like syphilis. Yes, I'm evil.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: 2009 January 10, 03:05:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems TSR's new version isn't so child friendly, check the banner at the top of the page

Smutty TSR Sluts looking for HOT action!

Too funny. For a second I thought Thomass had started whoring out the FAs.
Nova Strike
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: 2009 January 10, 03:24:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are we sure EA isn't the ones carrying the diseases? XD Suckyrom....

Ashbashtus
ARR!

Join us! We haz cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: 2009 January 10, 03:45:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems TSR's new version isn't so child friendly, check the banner at the top of the page

Love it. Now which one is Atwat?

"Ook ook, eek eek, motherfucker" -Paden
ShakeShaft's a fucking thief and Thoma$$' little bitch.
TSR, the home of JesusDot
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: 2009 January 10, 05:34:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean he hasn't? By taking them on that excursion to learn how to make new CC for Sims 3, it sure looks to me like he has.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
SBNao
ARR!

...may the cutest win.

View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: 2009 January 10, 14:55:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As someone pointed out on another board Maxis was guilty of doing the same thing to Bullfrog when it bought it out.  I don't hold any illusions about why any for-profit entity does anything.  Granted there are some companies that realize doing what benefits the customer is likely to generate profits, but even they will modify this to maxiimize profit. 

Part of me wants to tell EA to screw off and not buy SIms 3, but the other part of my brain points out that it's only a goddam game and not that big an investment that I can't dump it if I choose.  I'm just about to get rid of Spellforce2 and it's upgrade for being too bloody annoying and those were about the price of Sims 3.  I confess I only DLed them to try out Steam and so far the experiment has been a Phail.

Tell EA to screw off. Don't buy Sims 3. Arr it instead. Don't give more money to them. The fact that they still support TSR...they're asshats, plain and simple.  The last bit of money they got from me was Seasons and since they started SecureShit and I found out about the Payshite bullshit I've not given them another dime and have absolutely no intention of doing so.

They can burn in the fiery depths of Hypocrisy Hell as far as I'm concerned.

Yae and Sae; the original Olsen twins.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: 2009 January 10, 16:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tell EA to screw off. Don't buy Sims 3. Arr it instead. Don't give more money to them. The fact that they still support TSR...they're asshats, plain and simple.  The last bit of money they got from me was Seasons and since they started SecureShit and I found out about the Payshite bullshit I've not given them another dime and have absolutely no intention of doing so.

They can burn in the fiery depths of Hypocrisy Hell as far as I'm concerned.

Exactly.  Too many people will take the attitude of, "Oh well, it's just a game, it's just X amount of dollars, I want it."  Then, all EA will see is that they have a sale.  EA doesn't give a damn if you like the game or not, as long as you buy it, you can use the DVD's for coasters. 

The only way to send a real message is not to buy it.  Arr it, yes, although EAxis will said "Oh, that's why it didn't sell." but mostly do nothing to put money in their pockets.   And let them know if you can, preferably by snail mail.  "I would have bought Sims3, I was stoked for it, but because of such and such reasons, I refuse.  If you get rid of those issues, then I will become a customer again." They can blame the economy all they want, but if we bombard them with the truth, maybe they'll take notice. 

Also, if you know someone who's ignorant of all of this going on, inform them.  I have friends who don't bother with the net, or have nothing to do with the Sims 2 fandom community, who play the game.  I've stopped a couple of them from buying any expansion packs after Seasons, by educating them on Suckrom.  I'm doing the same thing for Sims 3. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2548 on: 2009 January 10, 16:15:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And let them know if you can, preferably by snail mail.  "I would have bought Sims3, I was stoked for it, but because of such and such reasons, I refuse.  If you get rid of those issues, then I will become a customer again." They can blame the economy all they want, but if we bombard them with the truth, maybe they'll take notice. 

A snail mail campaign is a good idea.  Even faxing them is good.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
eph
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2549 on: 2009 January 10, 17:28:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just read this at Parsimonious' front page ( www.parsimonious.org ):

Kate says: I'm off to California next week for the Sims 3 Creator's Camp - if you've any questions about Sims 3 you'd like me to ask Maxis then email me and I'll do my best to get answers about the up coming Sims title!

Seemingly EA invited a few free creators, after all. Still, they should only have invited free creators and not that TSR scum. >_>
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: