PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 08:28:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1072804 times)
gayle_afcb
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #2370 on: 2008 December 14, 17:45:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pfffft Lucky you Dina - all I get is them locking me out of my account by changing my password and turning my blog into an Atwat love fest  Roll Eyes

Such a high level of maturity *yawn*

It's official - I haz a crazy, paranoid, psychotic internet stalker... Waves to Atwat Tongue

Sims2Artists S2A forum
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2371 on: 2008 December 14, 19:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another small update from coconut:

Their security measures have gone rather haywire of late, they still hold invite only private chats to chose FA's, and have unfortunately canned their stupid idea of another private forum. The small forum they do have is just a testing ground to see if I can still see it. Everyone is getting heated in private and are pointing fingers at each other, Tom decided to defuse the situation by announcing that I am none of them and in fact a hacker, who he has now trapped and banned, hence my remarks on my journal to set them straight.

Lol - I can imagine they'd be going batshit, trusting no one.  This gives me happy, happy thoughts.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: 2008 December 14, 19:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did he honestly think that excuse was going to fly? What does he expect to say after the next inevitable coconut exposé?
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: 2008 December 14, 20:03:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"That is photoshop!"
"You are absolutely forbidden to go to that site!"
"They hacked it again!"
etc etc etc

Hey, if you're making money, why not pretend you believe the man, shrug and keep chashing?

Inactive
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: 2008 December 14, 20:12:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't that what Atwat does?? *sniggers*

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
SimARR
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: 2008 December 14, 22:35:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mean, currently it's $300 or so per 10,000 subscriber downloads and Thomass has a second house.  They haven't figured that one out yet, so if he could find a way to make it $10 per 10,000 subscriber downloads, he'll be set.

Somehow I have a feeling that they don't earn quite this much... just follow my math here.
Example is cashcraft.

She has 12 million downloads... thomas never promotes anyone with less than 1 million, so that around about 11 million subscriber downloads.

11,000,000 divided by (10,000 x 300)
=$330,000

Thats a LOT of money, more than many full time jobs considering cashcraft has been an FA for only 5 years (that would be $66,000 a year)

Something tells me that Thomas wouldn't let his FA's slaves earn quite that much... he would probably limit it to around 300 a month + incentives for over 10,000 downloads or something.
PirateKingofWyrmSea
Landlubber

My old username was purged =(

View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: 2008 December 14, 23:03:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mean, currently it's $300 or so per 10,000 subscriber downloads and Thomass has a second house.  They haven't figured that one out yet, so if he could find a way to make it $10 per 10,000 subscriber downloads, he'll be set.

Somehow I have a feeling that they don't earn quite this much... just follow my math here.
Example is cashcraft.

She has 12 million downloads... thomas never promotes anyone with less than 1 million, so that around about 11 million subscriber downloads.

11,000,000 divided by (10,000 x 300)
=$330,000

Thats a LOT of money, more than many full time jobs considering cashcraft has been an FA for only 5 years (that would be $66,000 a year)

Something tells me that Thomas wouldn't let his FA's slaves earn quite that much... he would probably limit it to around 300 a month + incentives for over 10,000 downloads or something.

Ugh, that is sick... here I am struggling to pay the rent/bills every month...
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2377 on: 2008 December 14, 23:42:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC, the rate varies (some FA's make more than others), but the number thrown around is $10 per 10,000 subscriber downloads.  Nonsubscriber downloads don't count.  I know my kudos score for downloads was dependent on subscribers downloading my stuff. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
SimARR
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: 2008 December 14, 23:57:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That makes more sense... 300 per 10,000 downloads was just ridiculous, even still... $11,000 pocket money for a hobby over 5 years is still a good sum of money. **Mumbles about greedy people and goes back to lurking**
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: 2008 December 15, 01:03:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, in some cases there is a cap on how much you can earn in a month.  I heard that for some the cap was 300 dollars and for others it was 500.  I'm sure certain folks (like Windkeeper) probably can earn a lot more, but most are probably limited.

Lucrative business Pixels is.  I'm really starting to suspect that EA games may be looking at TSR and wondering how they can get a chunk of that cash cow for themselves.  Financial troubles, the economy is going to hell in a handbasket, and Thomas is building a second vacation home.  They aren't stupid, and they are greedy. 

I'll laugh my ass off if EA says for Sims 3, "Sure, we'll endorse your site.  In return though, we want a hefty chunk of the take." 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
tired and homeless
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: 2008 December 15, 01:39:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think its up to $500/mo plus the bonuses.
SimARR
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: 2008 December 15, 01:41:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even still, 500 hundred a month for 12 months of 5 years is (Grabs calculator) is $30,000. Even on a $300 a month cap its $18,000

These are ridiculously large sums of money... its also now easy to see why so many can be lured by TSR. I mean, I create the same amount as some FA's every month and spend about 6 hours a week doing it.

[more math]
300 divided by 4 = 75... divided by 6 =approx $12.50 an hour earned by an FA (On 300 cap)
500 divided by 4 = 125... divided by 6 =approx $20.00 an hour earned by an FA (On 500 cap)

Thats not bad for a hobby.
tired and homeless
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: 2008 December 15, 02:03:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, Dina. Have they given you the old pdf.php yet?

What's the pdf.php thing?
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: 2008 December 15, 02:25:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even still, 500 hundred a month for 12 months of 5 years is (Grabs calculator) is $30,000. Even on a $300 a month cap its $18,000

These are ridiculously large sums of money... its also now easy to see why so many can be lured by TSR. I mean, I create the same amount as some FA's every month and spend about 6 hours a week doing it.

[more math]
300 divided by 4 = 75... divided by 6 =approx $12.50 an hour earned by an FA (On 300 cap)
500 divided by 4 = 125... divided by 6 =approx $20.00 an hour earned by an FA (On 500 cap)

Thats not bad for a hobby.

Again, it depends on the download numbers. 10 dollars for every 10,000 downloads can take some time.   When I had a paid subscription there, a couple of FA's heavily hinted that it would be nice of me to download their stuff, the implication being that I didn't even have to put it into my game, I just had to download it. 

500 dollars a month isn't bad for a hobby, but 300 isn't that great for the risks.  Yes, everyone talks about how terrible the economy is, but oddly we're still having trouble getting people to work for us.  I could pick up a couple extra shifts at work a week if I needed the money, and make more than 300 dollars a month.  And, it would be all legal, so I wouldn't have to worry about declaring it on my taxes as extra income, it'll already be taxed.

I don't know if the FA's declare that income or not.  For anyone living in the US of A, I imagine that the IRS would be very interested in a hobby that earns that much money.  300 - 500 dollars a month isn't enough to live on in most places, but it sure is enough to bump you up a couple tax brackets.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
SimARR
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: 2008 December 15, 04:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, $500 US is quite a lot over here in Australia ATM. Something that cost 5 USD for example, would cost the same in Aussie dollars, except our currency halves in exchange rate. So really if the FA lived in Australia or a country with an economy in similar shape they would be earning $1000 a month local currency... equivalent to USD. So still, thats a lot of money.

Also, I wonder what kind a laws Germany have regarding tax declaration, as a large chunk of the FA's are from Germany. Maybe we could scare them a little   Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: