PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 04:00:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5278 Members
Latest Member: tiredsleepies
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 11 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1048693 times)
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
TSR Sharing your infomation!
« on: 2008 September 15, 23:31:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok so I don't know how many of you are registered at The Sims Cave forum, but

http://www.simscave.com/ferris/index.php?topic=4670.0

This topic was by Pavs over there. He was generally complaining about them getting rid of the sub system and doing a charge by the set system. (Which I believe he said it was 3.5 for each set!) And Birgit sent him an email saying...

Recieved this email after I posted:

Hi my dear,

I would strongly recommend you not to do what you wrote otherwise we will send out your datas to paypal and all our greedy paysite-friends.

If you look around our site you will see that not every set costs 3,50. And don’t worry about the other subscribers – they got their money refunded today ;-)

Have a nice evening,

Sasi

Also after he posted this, she sent him another email saying that if as soon as she catches him sharing, she's sharing his information.

I think this is low, even for her.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 14, 03:41:57 by Missbonbon » Logged

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Habitat43 News! Sharing Information!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 16, 00:05:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They ought to be sent to jail for giving out other peoples' information. Period. Angry Idiots.

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 16, 01:19:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He should report her to Paypal.  That has got to be some kind of violation. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 16, 01:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The logic there bothers me. I mean, sure, it could be an effective threat, depending on the person, but it would be an invitation to get one's ass sued. And I don't mean sued as in the paysite owner's version (<NO NAME GIVEN>) but sued as in, hand me the keys, bitch, and bend over, cause I'm takin' everything you got.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Titan
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 16, 01:53:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went up on the Paypal site in the Swedish area, since that is where they are located.  Paypal is pretty clear about the use of personal information that is obtained from a buyer.
Your Use of Information and Our Services
In order to facilitate the transactions between PayPal members, our service allows you limited access other users' contact or shipping information. As a seller you may have access to the User ID, email address and other contact or shipping information of the purchaser, and as a purchaser you may have access to the User ID, email address and other contact information of the seller.

By entering into our User Agreement, you agree that, with respect to other users' personally identifiable information that you obtain through the site or through an PayPal-related communication or PayPal-facilitated transaction, you will only use this information for: (a) PayPal-related communications that are not unsolicited commercial messages, (b) using services offered through PayPal (e.g. insurance, shipping and fraud complaints), and (c) any other purpose that such user expressly agrees to after adequate disclosure of the purpose(s).

In all cases, you must provide users with the opportunity to remove themselves from your database and review any information you have collected about them. In addition, under no circumstances, except as defined in this Section, can you disclose personally identifiable information about another PayPal user to any third party without our consent and the consent of such other user after adequate disclosure, except in the event that you are ordered to make such disclosure to the MAS or other regulatory authorities in order for MAS or the regulatory authority to render assistance to FRAs. In addition, note that law enforcement personnel and other rights holders are given different rights with respect to information they access.

They spell it out really clearly; on what you can and cannot do with the personal information, that you do get from a buyer.  If Sasi does disclose any information at all to anyone that is viewed as a third party, she could possibly be facing some trouble.  I'm unsure though; of the extent of problems that she could face, since each country handles things differently from another.

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 16, 02:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently they looked it up over at The Sims Cave Forum, and it's still illegal to do for his part of the world. He is currently talking to paypal, and sent them the e-mails and such just in case.

I don't get it. I don't understand why she would go batshit when all he said was her prices are outrageous. Which is true, 3.5 for one set? Come on.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Titan
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 16, 02:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She went batshit; because of Pavs mentioning that he was going to release all of the sets that he had downloaded from the site, onto SimsCave.  All of their creations were going to be in the Sharing Area and that seemed to drive Sasi over the edge, it would appear.  That's when it appears that he received the letter from her regarding releasing the sets.

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 16, 03:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do one think illegally and it's not a big step to do other things that are even worse. This chick just may end up paying for the SimsCave server for the rest of her days.  Lips sealed
Furthermore, this could be proof this is being done regulalry and on a grande scale.

Inactive
Ash Redfern
Infamous Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 16, 04:36:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By making things harder and unsafe for any sharing buyers, they are also making things more difficult and threatening for non-sharing buyers.

Keep going and they might just destroy themselves by chasing off the vast bulk of their buyers.

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 September 16, 04:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As my mother's late lawyer always used to say, "Sue the bastards."

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 September 16, 07:29:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How unsurprising.  Well I hope they get into real trouble.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 September 16, 09:49:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By making things harder and unsafe for any sharing buyers, they are also making things more difficult and threatening for non-sharing buyers.

Keep going and they might just destroy themselves by chasing off the vast bulk of their buyers.

Yes completely. Sharing subscribers information ultimately is a stupid thing to do...it looks evil in the eyes of all subscribers, whether they be sharers or not. So by doing this, she is driving non-sharers away and as they still like her creations it, possibly, pushes them to downloading from sharing facts.

Damage your public reputation with the fact that you share paypal information, and people will subscribe to you less and less, and perhaps even stop completely.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Pavs
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 September 16, 13:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well sasi can go shit.  I have uploaded all the sets into one file.  I will post one link at sims cave and another to a rep from pmbd for the booty, just in case sasi gets the link deleted at sims cave.  I couldnt share earlier as I didnt want to get banned, but before my sub ran out I grabbed everything from there.  At the end of the day its a game nothing more nothing less.  If this helps peeps to some sets they are desperate for then im buzzing I could help them out.

Enjoy them everyone, Thanks Sasi (Bitch Troll From Hell)

Hugs

Pavs

Edit:

Ash you have email xx
« Last Edit: 2008 September 16, 13:46:29 by Pavs » Logged
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2008 September 16, 14:26:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy Good on you Pavs.  Kiss

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 September 16, 14:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excellent Pavs. I am glad you are not just taking this and are actively defying her and finding out what you can do to protect yourself/strike back. 

I hate to see anyone bullied. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: