PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 23:13:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Reprint of my thread starter at TheSims2.EA.com
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Reprint of my thread starter at TheSims2.EA.com  (Read 25870 times)
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
Reprint of my thread starter at TheSims2.EA.com
« Reply #90 on: 2007 January 06, 14:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "VampLena"
I've not been here long and im disgusted, I blame EA for being too lazy to get their overpaid lawyers to crank out Legal Mumbo Jumbo letters to these people for the good of the community.

It's not laziness IMO, they have to ride the fence or risk making one segment or the other angry when they lower the boom. If however, they become convinced that an overwhelming majority of the fans are on one side or the other, they might.

Clearly, they knew people would modify the Sims 2, they provided tools to do so, and a place to exchange them. I think it surprised them how far people could take the mods though.
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2007 January 06, 20:25:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think why they are doing sims 3, redesigning it like spore so, that user can create all its content within the game, etc. So that cut out 3rd party cc. Only allow users to share creations within their network you know. So, they may be saying to themselves, well a couple more paks, and Sims 3 coming out, no need to waste the effort cleaning up these paysites now.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2007 January 07, 03:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Soup Parrot"
I think why they are doing sims 3, redesigning it like spore so, that user can create all its content within the game, etc. So that cut out 3rd party cc. Only allow users to share creations within their network you know. So, they may be saying to themselves, well a couple more paks, and Sims 3 coming out, no need to waste the effort cleaning up these paysites now.

Spore will be moddable. Sims 3 will be moddable. If EA is smart, they'll release the games with nice official toolsets like Oblivion and Neverwinter Nights have. If they aren't smart, someone in the community will come up with user tools. And whatever mods people make will be all over the internet. It's the way PC games work. So... wtf are you talking about?

Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2007 January 07, 05:08:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neriana, i was watching a bunch of google movies on spore, demonstrations, interviews with will wright, and all about spore. I got the very distinct impression maybe you should go listen to all them, then you will know what Im talking about, it is not going to be useing all this made CC, you have to listen and see. If EA makes Sims 3 like Spore, paysites, MTS2 wont be necessary just the EA site for user.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
yamikuronue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2007 January 08, 21:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got banned from a chat room for calling a mod a nazi once... the mods were telling racist jokes aimed at me when I mentioned I was half black, and they called me hitler for objecting (HuhHuh  :shock:), but since one of them happened to be German, I got banned for "harassing the mods".

I keep remembering that when I read threads like that one.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: