PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:13:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 110 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap  (Read 552695 times)
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
« Reply #1530 on: 2009 June 18, 16:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, that lot is gone for me too.  Though I may be blocked or banned or something.

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: 2009 June 18, 21:13:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I looked for stannypanny stuff, saw 6 unspectacular lots, no stolen diagon alley, and I don't think I'm on anyone's eebil pirate list.  Let's hope T$R is starting to dislike bad publicity that comes from theft, even though they don't actually object to theft.

Zillah
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1532 on: 2009 June 18, 23:16:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After I left my comment here, I pm'd Black Orchid @ MTS and left a comment on T$R that it was the same as another creator's lot at MTS - don't know if any of that made a difference, but I'm glad it's down - I mean, how blatant can you get - you've got about 6 really shitty lots then you suddenly turn up with something made of awesome and think no one's going to suspect? Dumbass.

dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1533 on: 2009 June 18, 23:21:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rather ironic that it is no longer the FA's pulling this crap instead it is all the noobs and 12's that think they can get away with it because nothing happened to Shakeshit when she stole Buggybooz stuff. TSR really sets a bad example for the 12's that they are supposedly protecting by maintaining that the site despite numerous examples of adult content (Victorias Secret etc) is PG-13- Yep lets teach the 12's to be moral by teaching them how to steal things made by other people

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
simsrocks
ARR!

Sparkle

View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: 2009 June 19, 15:08:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR are immoral.
How the heck can they think they can get away with stealing?
First a set, then a mesh, and now a house!

They'd better get their comeuppance soon. I hope they don't make any money off Sims 3 downloads, everyone leaves their site and they have to shut down.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1535 on: 2009 June 19, 15:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the moment all their TS3 shit is free and their are only three FA's from TS2 creating , Hatshepsut, Openass Jack, and Wideopeneyes- all they have done are lots patterns and  Sims- Example 5,567,879 of how freesites pawn paysite crap -

TSR/TS3- Lots, Sims, Patterns (mostly recolors of the ones that come with the game) all ugly, and badly designed- even 12's with no tools could do better

MTS- hacks, mods, default skintones/textures  and eyes, objects/object recolors of non recolorable in CAST items, new bodyshop items (only t-shirts but new- not just CAST recolors), lots, Sims and Patterns - and most of the work so far is high quality given that they have only begun developing tools and techniques for TS3 creation.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: 2009 June 19, 19:18:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yanno, that was just some stupid person that thought no one would notice. Well some one did notice and it disappeared. I'm not sure how that got pass moderation (are uploads moderated?) but I don't think it part of any grand conspiracy on TSR's part. Not even comparable to the shakeshaft/buggybooz debacle.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: 2009 June 19, 19:35:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yanno, that was just some stupid person that thought no one would notice. Well some one did notice and it disappeared. I'm not sure how that got pass moderation (are uploads moderated?) but I don't think it part of any grand conspiracy on TSR's part. Not even comparable to the shakeshaft/buggybooz debacle.

Unless they've changed things, uploads are moderated for "quality" only. And, even in that case, I don't blame TSR for that one, because Kathy doesn't have the time to know every single creation on every other site.  Clearly, TSR were informed of the theft and took quick action.   What else could they do, really?  And, in this case, the person who is guilty is the person who stole it and uploaded it as their own.  This isn't like Shakeshaft, the thief, who stole a mesh and then continued to deny it, with TSR on their side, and allowing it to all be pushed under the rug. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: 2009 June 19, 21:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I will feel more optimistic if we ever see evidence that T$R punishes thieves rather than just getting rid of the stolen item and then going on like nothing happened.  Taking it down is good, not denying that it's stolen is good, yes, but banning the thief would be better (Shakeshaft, Monica) or at least giving them a stern warning and a temp ban (stannypanny).  Shakeshaft has not gotten banned.  Instead, T$R gives a link to shakeshaft's page as a shining example of what FA pages look like.  They wouldn't get away with shit like that on the free sites I'm familiar with.

Souvenirs
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: 2009 June 19, 21:38:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't believe TSR moderates uploads whatsoever: just look at all the clearly stolen, floodfilled, and sometimes near obscene content all over the site.  There's no way any of that would get past any kind of upload moderator.  They probably accept everything because it ups their "thousands of free downloads!" number (classic quantity over quality), not to mention that they don't have to pay anyone to go through new uploads.  Seriously, TSR contains so much crap that I think of it as a pay version of the exchange.

I agree with Darqstar that it's not TSR's fault in this case, since it was most likely some random kid who tried to get away with uploading that lot, and TSR took it down once it was reported.  They could punish the person, sure, but I doubt they'd care—that person is traffic for the site (and traffic equals money), just like Shakeshaft makes them money.  They wouldn't even bother to take stolen stuff down if it didn't make them look bad.   Yeah, not good, but not a new thing for TSR either.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: 2009 June 20, 02:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I will feel more optimistic if we ever see evidence that T$R punishes thieves rather than just getting rid of the stolen item and then going on like nothing happened.  Taking it down is good, not denying that it's stolen is good, yes, but banning the thief would be better (Shakeshaft, Monica) or at least giving them a stern warning and a temp ban (stannypanny).  Shakeshaft has not gotten banned.  Instead, T$R gives a link to shakeshaft's page as a shining example of what FA pages look like.  They wouldn't get away with shit like that on the free sites I'm familiar with.

I completely agree, the way they handled Shakeshaft was beyond disgusting and gives them another huge black mark.  As I've said, this site did much less to convince me of the evils of TSR than TSR itself did.  But, Shakeshaft is a cash cow, so of course, they'll defend her.  (Her?  Him?) 

I can't believe TSR moderates uploads whatsoever: just look at all the clearly stolen, floodfilled, and sometimes near obscene content all over the site.  There's no way any of that would get past any kind of upload moderator.  They probably accept everything because it ups their "thousands of free downloads!" number (classic quantity over quality), not to mention that they don't have to pay anyone to go through new uploads.  Seriously, TSR contains so much crap that I think of it as a pay version of the exchange.

Again, the stolen content is hard to tell, unless you want to be moderating all sites.  And by quality control, I mostly mean that they make sure the pictures of the items actually are the items, and that you've done it properly.  I once got a rejection for making a mistake in the files I sent. 

I can't even really fault TSR for being practically a cesspool of flotsam and jetsam, with a fair number of just usable items, and a few jewels. TSR has always been of the opinion that they'll take anyone, from someone making their first flood-filled wall to an expert mesher.  (Not that they have lots of the later, and too many of the first)  And, in a way, they've got something there.  At least with me, when I started creating, I submitted to TSR, because I wasn't sure if my stuff was any good, but I figured that it at least couldn't be the worst thing on the site. 

No, I have not gone over to the darkside.   Wink  I just get worried that it's too easy to jump up and yell "EVIL EVIL EVIL!" when TSR so much as collectively farts.  The problem with yelling "EVIL EVIL!" is that you start to look as if you're not listening to logic and thus, people start thinking that you are completely unable to be fair.  If TSR donated 50 thousand dollars to feed starving children, that would be a really decent thing for them to do, and I'd credit them for it.  However, it still would not excuse that they shared private information, mollycoddle and defend a thief and all the other truly nasty things they've done. 

However, TSR loves to make broad statements about everyone here.  According to them, we're all miscreants, we all download software and we all are not going to buy Sims 3, but download it illegally.  Statements like that make them look ridiculous and I don't want to follow suit by behaving the same way towards them. 

I agree with Darqstar that it's not TSR's fault in this case, since it was most likely some random kid who tried to get away with uploading that lot, and TSR took it down once it was reported.  They could punish the person, sure, but I doubt they'd care—that person is traffic for the site (and traffic equals money), just like Shakeshaft makes them money.  They wouldn't even bother to take stolen stuff down if it didn't make them look bad.   Yeah, not good, but not a new thing for TSR either.

Oh, exactly, it's alllll about the money, even when it isn't about the money.  In this case, if they allow someone to get away with that trick, then they look bad to the community.  In the case of Shakeshaft, however, the need for the greed shows through.  Shakeshaft is a FA (Why don't they just be honest and call them PA's for Paid artists?)  so thus, she's above being accuse of stealing at TSR, because she brings in the $$$. 

simsrocks
ARR!

Sparkle

View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: 2009 June 20, 15:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR are corrupt, and hypocrites. No wonder they have all the bad creators.
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: 2009 June 20, 16:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clearly, TSR were informed of the theft and took quick action.   What else could they do, really?  And, in this case, the person who is guilty is the person who stole it and uploaded it as their own.  This isn't like Shakeshaft, the thief, who stole a mesh and then continued to deny it, with TSR on their side, and allowing it to all be pushed under the rug. 

What else could they do? Lots! As CatOfWar said, they could have punished the thief thieves. When it came out into the open that Shakeshaft is a thief, they could have stripped her* of her FA title, stopped paying her and/or made a public example of her. Something to show that they actually give a crap.

Of course they were never going to do something like this because it doesn't fit with their twisted moral code, but that's a bullshit excuse. Even if the T$R powers that be weren't directly responsible for the actuall thefts, helping the thieves sweep the matter under the rug and go on as though nothing happened makes them accessories after the fact, at best. Extreme example, but if a woman knows that her son is molesting his daughter/niece/neighbour's kid and chooses to do nothing about it, we don't forgive her by saying, "Well, what could she have done? It was her son, after all!" Likewise, I'm not about to forgive T$R for allowing this thievery to continue unpunished by saying, "They deleted the stolen content. What more could they have done? These people make them money!"

And I don't consider this to be unwarranted shouting of "EVIL EVIL EVIL!" T$R's behaviour regarding theft has been, and continues to be, absolutely despicable. (Not to mention hypocritical given that in their minds you can apparently take someone's mesh and sell it as your own, no problem, but take someone's mesh and give it to your friend and you're a dirty thief.)

*using the feminine pronoun for ease of reading as I have no idea about Shakeshaft's gender

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: 2009 June 20, 17:08:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And let's be honest the little speshul snowflake who put the stolen content up there probably is defending herself/himself/itself by complaining that she'd changed two of the interior wall textures or something and so it was hers now.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt any more.

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: 2009 June 20, 17:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What else could they do? Lots! As CatOfWar said, they could have punished the thief thieves. When it came out into the open that Shakeshaft is a thief, they could have stripped her* of her FA title, stopped paying her and/or made a public example of her. Something to show that they actually give a crap.

As I said, in the case of Shakeshaft, they are entirely wrong.  Shakeshaft should have been punished.  I was only talking about the case of the stolen Diagon Alley.  Once they were informed it was stolen, they removed it.   I don't even know who uploaded it, but if it was the first time they'd been caught stealing, TSR is likely to send them a letter to tell them what they did and what action was taken.  Again, only in this one situation am I giving them credit for doing the right thing.  In the case of Shakeshaft, no, they did the wrong thing all the way.  

Of course they were never going to do something like this because it doesn't fit with their twisted moral code, but that's a bullshit excuse. Even if the T$R powers that be weren't directly responsible for the actuall thefts, helping the thieves sweep the matter under the rug and go on as though nothing happened makes them accessories after the fact, at best. Extreme example, but if a woman knows that her son is molesting his daughter/niece/neighbour's kid and chooses to do nothing about it, we don't forgive her by saying, "Well, what could she have done? It was her son, after all!" Likewise, I'm not about to forgive T$R for allowing this thievery to continue unpunished by saying, "They deleted the stolen content. What more could they have done? These people make them money!"

What do you want them to do to the person with the diagon Alley?  Not shakeshaft, just this ONE incident?  Do you want them to scream from the rooftops that they are a thief?  Again, is this the person's first offense?  Is it a misunderstanding?  

In the case of Shakeshaft, it is a different story completely.  They not only allowed the theft, but they stuck up for the thief, even after the evidence, and continue to pretend the whole thing never happened. TSR handled that situation completely and utterly wrong. I never said they didn't.

And I don't consider this to be unwarranted shouting of "EVIL EVIL EVIL!" T$R's behaviour regarding theft has been, and continues to be, absolutely despicable. (Not to mention hypocritical given that in their minds you can apparently take someone's mesh and sell it as your own, no problem, but take someone's mesh and give it to your friend and you're a dirty thief.)

Again, you're throwing other incidents in with this one and basically saying that because TSR handled the case of Shakeshaft in a lousy way, they handled this one in a lousy way too.   Not true.  They deleted the item fairly quickly.  We don't have any clue what was done behind the scenes.  

I don't want to use your example, because I think comparing a thief to a child molester is a terrible example, especially since people argue that child molesters cannot be cured.   But, take it another way.  What if a mother knew her kid was stealing and did nothing, let them keep what they stole, and even rewarded them for it.  Now, let's say the kid's younger brother stole something, and the mother took it away from the kid and possibly gave them a form of home punishment.  The fact that they allow one child to get away with it, doesn't mean that the second child got away with it too.  Yes, maybe the mother should have done more (Forced the kid to take the item back from where he stole it, return it, and apologize, but still, she at least attempted something.  And, because this is the net, TSR really can't force the thief to do anything.  In the case of the children that steal, is the mother a good mother?  No, in general, she's not.  She did no favor to the oldest by letting him get away with it, and she was unfair to both by then taking action with the younger.    But again, that doesn't mean that everything the mother does is terrible.  That doesn't mean that now she starves her kids, or beats her kids, or tortures her kids.  

In the case of TSR, in general, they are the bad parent.  But that doesn't mean that every single thing they do is bad.  The problem with this whole argument is that both sides think that they wear the white hats and the other side wears the black hats.  There is no black and white.  We on this site aren't wearing hats of angel wing white, TSR's hat isn't entirely midnight black.  

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: