PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:40:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 110 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap  (Read 552869 times)
ekimsal
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
« Reply #1500 on: 2009 April 16, 15:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

that pic makes me wonder if Anoeska ever even saw some real row houses, let alone decent ones. I lived the first half of my life in Baltimore, THE city of rowhouses. Most aren't 100% seamlessly attached. Theres gaps with narrow pathways, stone/brick differences, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Baltimoreformstone.jpg

Now i want to find some marble patio stairs and make some rowhomes in my game

lexilove
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: 2009 April 16, 16:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sigh* oh, Baltimore.
What a dirty beautiful city.

ekimsal, now I'm inspired to make me some row homes!

Also:
New Peggy hair

Vs. Nouk's adorable Rockabilly hair.

Edited because apparently Peggy changes the pic but keeps the same url.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 24, 19:51:10 by lexilove » Logged

When it gets dark enough, you can see the stars.
One of them is mine.
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: 2009 April 16, 16:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

shrinking lots? never heard of that myself....shows what kind of a noob I am :{   BUT I have build row homes that look nicer then that one.

Mootilda's Lot Adjuster will let you shrink or enlarge lots in any direction.   It's a great program you can get at MTS2.

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
Osa_p
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: 2009 April 16, 23:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Osa_p Do you recall if Anoeska mentioned Mootilda's Lot Adjuster at all?  I could go look for her lot on TSR to check, but then I'd have to go to T$R, bleh.

No Mootilda mentioned, as she probably should have been. Anoeska claims that the houses were built "using several new developed techniques, to be published soon on TSR."

Based on the comments below, I don't believe any such "techniques" have been published. >_>
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: 2009 April 17, 00:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only technique developed over there is, "suck 'em dry and spit 'em out," and that's not even new! Hookers have been pulling that stunt for centuries... Although, they are similar to my mind...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
ninjadaggett
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: 2009 April 17, 01:08:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was more curious to see what the several new "developmened techniques" at TSR were because lot shrinking was fairly new but nothing became of it after that set.  I didn't mean to sound like I was knocking deco objects that look like arcitechtual elements: I have objects like that from all over the web and have even made a few things myself to solve minor annoyances.

To qualify what I said earlier about this set being useless: unlike the Lot Adjuster it did not add any useable space to a home: if you wanted a communal wall on the lot's edge it had to be a deco object causing the game to think part of your house was still outside or you had to place a wall on the usual edge and be left with a 2 square wide room.  That room would be good for bathrooms or closets but it was outside and you couldn't do anything above the ground floor because there were no usable floors to walk on.  You couldn't put a roof over them or have working doors and windows.

TSR was trying to cash in on the interest surrounding the Lot Adjuster and keep the sheep in the TSR paddock but did not have the knowledge to make their own alternative.  I mean a program like the Lot Adjuster is in a whole other league compared to what Anoeska made and as I'm constantly fiddling with my neighbourhoods and existing homes Lot Adjuster has been fantastic and it's free.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1506 on: 2009 April 17, 01:21:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only technique developed over there is, "suck 'em dry and spit 'em out," and that's not even new! Hookers have been pulling that stunt for centuries... Although, they are similar to my mind...

Paden, prostitutes are far more honest.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: 2009 April 17, 22:34:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to go back a few pages, but I thought of another thing EA took from the community and put in a game. Its not much, no object or clothing, but in the photo album you can order with BV, when your sim opens it there are some pictures in it. All of them are pictures they released to show The Sims 2 back in 2004, except on. Its of fanseelamb's Brokeback Mountain Sims.

Again, its not much.

Fake edit: While typing this I went to the thread the sims were in and found this that picture has been used a lot. It has been shown on TV, Rolling Stone magazine, PC Gamer(they even gave where to get the sims), along with being in BV.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
kazoona
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: 2009 April 30, 18:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to go back a few pages, but I thought of another thing EA took from the community and put in a game. Its not much, no object or clothing, but in the photo album you can order with BV, when your sim opens it there are some pictures in it. All of them are pictures they released to show The Sims 2 back in 2004, except on. Its of fanseelamb's Brokeback Mountain Sims.

That picture has gained a lot of attention, yes.

Here is an upcoming set of walls by TSR FA hatshepsut :

I'd always choose any of the "Project: Tuscany" walls by Jasiuuu at MTS2 over that. (http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=2102899)
Example:
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: 2009 April 30, 18:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be honest? Both of those wall sets have their place.  The free one is awesome, it looks real, and if I was trying for authentic, quaint, cottage look, that is how I would go.  But the pay ones look very much like that "Fake rock that looks real" stuff that was awesomely popular in the '50s and '60s.  If I were building tract and / or "split level ranch" houses, I would go with the pay ones.  They have that "too perfectly shaped to be real" look about them. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: 2009 April 30, 21:09:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Split level houses or not, I'd rather keep those out my game. Actually, it's the black/grey one with the white outlined rocks that's really bugging me. That one hurts my brain.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: 2009 April 30, 22:47:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We had that fake stuff in our house while I was growing up, the house was a split-level modular, and yes, it was built in the sixties. Memories... Specially of having my HEAD put through a section of it by an enrage older sibling. I'm just glad that there wasn't a stud behind it.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: 2009 May 01, 00:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We had that fake stuff in our house while I was growing up, the house was a split-level modular, and yes, it was built in the sixties. Memories... Specially of having my HEAD put through a section of it by an enrage older sibling. I'm just glad that there wasn't a stud behind it.

You're lucky the entire house didn't fall down around you. Cheesy  That stuff is made out of something similar, if not identical to Paper Mache. 

dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: 2009 May 01, 12:42:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another "borrowed" idea, but with the usual mediocre execution:

The free version (by Simgaroop, MTS):

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: 2009 May 01, 13:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, not to split hairs, but I believe the first person to recolor a BB was me.  Shortly after Uni came out, I did my first recolor, the "Biker bedroom" set and I recolored the BB, to make it look more appropriate.  (Biker babe calender, posters for bands, etc.)  It was the first thing I ever made that cracked the 1000 download mark, and that's when everything at TSR was pay.  Then, because that worked so well, I made a dozen of them, with all different themes.  Some Anime, a GlamRock one, a Cooper/Zombie one, Metalica, Sci-fi, well, you get the point.  Those went over well.  Then, I did a "Four seasons" one, four different ones, one for each season. 

Someone might have even beat me to the first recolor on another site, but I was the first one to do it at TSR, and I remember it was on the heels of University, so if someone did beat me, it was a matter of hours or days, not weeks.  And I'm sure that at least a hundred other people thought of it, entirely on their own too.

I'd link to mine, but TSR has banned me, I haven't signed up for another account (I don't want to increase their membership number)  and the search function without it, is terrible. 

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: