PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:08:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 110 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap  (Read 552740 times)
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
« Reply #1455 on: 2009 April 08, 21:28:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried DJ Sims WTF Editor? From what I understand, it does the same thing Homecrafter does, but has a cooler name.  Grin

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: 2009 April 08, 21:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, WTF doesn't allow you to turn .bmp/.jpg files into new walls.  You can reprice, reclassify, and change the sound of walls you've got--as well as a few other things--but you can't make new walls with it.

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1457 on: 2009 April 08, 21:52:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried DJ Sims WTF Editor? From what I understand, it does the same thing Homecrafter does, but has a cooler name.  Grin

Edit it will help to change all the 1$ walls and floors from other creators that make my sims whine about the cheapness (damned fortune sims) Thank you for the suggestions- I will definitely try it- Homecrafter is stupid on my computer- at least it was last time I tried- either way when I get around to it I will share the pretties over on the Look What I made Thread.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: 2009 April 08, 21:58:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheap walls and floors drive me nuts. It's not like money is hard to make in the game, and if one wants to cheat, there's always motherlode.

keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: 2009 April 08, 22:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, WTF doesn't allow you to turn .bmp/.jpg files into new walls.  You can reprice, reclassify, and change the sound of walls you've got--as well as a few other things--but you can't make new walls with it.

I didn't realize that. Thanks for the clarification.  Smiley

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: 2009 April 08, 22:31:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheap walls and floors drive me nuts. It's not like money is hard to make in the game, and if one wants to cheat, there's always motherlode.

I find myself agreeing with this sentiment every single time I play. There are only so many things that should be cheap. Like Aikea's Wall Overlays (considering most of them are supposed to be drawings), some clutter items (like garbage bags), or a really crappy wallpaper that looks like you put it up yourself. I hate finding something that should be really cheap cost $4,000 dollars and something that should be really expensive cost $2. It begs the question: For the love of God, WHY?! ::sob::

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: 2009 April 08, 22:35:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find myself agreeing with this sentiment every single time I play. There are only so many things that should be cheap. Like Aikea's Wall Overlays (considering most of them are supposed to be drawings), some clutter items (like garbage bags), or a really crappy wallpaper that looks like you put it up yourself. I hate finding something that should be really cheap cost $4,000 dollars and something that should be really expensive cost $2. It begs the question: For the love of God, WHY?! ::sob::

Because, sadly, many creators don't play the game. I've gotten to the point where I'll only download statues and painting meshes if I absolutely adore them, because nine times out of ten I have to open the files in SimPE and make them expensive. Which is a pain in the butt.

dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1462 on: 2009 April 08, 22:38:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't often find that to be a problem at freesites- Guardigan (whose wallpapers I love) and Kate and SalixTree  at Parsims don't have that problem to often (though they do have a Moroccan style bed that is 1$ in the game- gorgeous but God Help You if you put it in a Sims house they freak ), but when I was downloading at TSR - it was a major problem- now other than a few free creators (which I have now shortened to freeators in many posts ) I just make my own its more fun and I don't have to deal with changing it. (I can't type for shit tonight).

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: 2009 April 08, 22:53:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to make walls priced about the same as the walls in the game, but people actually bitched that they wanted cheap walls so that when they're starting out, before the money rolls in.  I thought about doing two sets of the same walls for people, but that starts to get redundant. 

Anyone who ever complained about the price to me, I was more than willing to change it for them by editing it in Homecrafter. 

I always thought the game should have given more money to start out with, then cut down the salaries once you're moved in.   It's like you start out in a room the size of a flea but within a few days, your Sim has enough to buy a castle.  I'd rather have enough money to start out somewhat okay, and then things get better slowly. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1464 on: 2009 April 08, 23:14:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree- and I would never ever ever complain about free walls- when I have to pay for them it is another story- classy and elegant walls should be priced appropriately-

pickles
ARR!

Disillusioned Miscreant

View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: 2009 April 08, 23:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The way I figure it, painted walls are cheap. Wallpaper and paint with mouldings are more expensive, and so forth. then again, I play walls-down because I don't trust my sims (they are little bastards) so I don't notice if they still have drywall on the inside.

puzzle pirates, yarrrr (I'm on malachite)
If God wanted women to like me, He would have made me a chocolate shoe filled with money. ~Hastings Kilgore
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: 2009 April 08, 23:45:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always thought the game should have given more money to start out with, then cut down the salaries once you're moved in. 

I agree with this. That's one thing I like about Apartment Life, it makes "starting out" more realistic. Of course, rent is cheaper than it is irl, and it's still too easy to become ridiculously wealthy, but at least you're not expected to be able to afford a house right out of college.

pinkyfriend
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: 2009 April 11, 07:21:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I'm not saying that these vases by Shakeshit are particularly ugly

why pay for them when you can get these pretties from Parsimonious for FREE

Also, is it just me or do these 'new' vases at t$r have a very similar shape as the older parsimonious pots??!!

"The internet is like a petri dish...you drop one stupid spore in and it just grows like crazy" - my son
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: 2009 April 11, 08:33:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How To Compare Two Meshes

Also, is it just me or do these 'new' vases at t$r have a very similar shape as the older parsimonious pots??!!
Similar shape wouldn't be surprising, vases are vase shaped.  However, as you pointed out, this is Shakeshaft.  So it may be worth taking a look at these in MilkShape (check the mesh) and LithUnwrap (check the UV map).  Here is a quick step by step.  You do not need to be a creator or mesher to follow these steps.

1) Download and install SimPE, MilkShape, demon's Extended Manual Edit plugin, and wes_h's Unimesh plugins for MilkShape.

2) Extract the mesh from the package file.  Mesh extraction is covered in the Unimesh 1 tutorial on MTS2, but here are the steps in brief.

* Open the package file with SimPE.
* You will see a list of resources on left.  Look for the line with GMDC in it, click it.
* In the middle panel, you will see a GMDC resource line, right click that.
* In the right click menu, select Export and save your mesh as a *.5gd file.
* Exit SimPE.

Now do the same for the 2nd mesh that you want to compare your 1st mesh to.

3) Open the mesh file in MilkShape.

* Run MilkShape.
* Before you open any files, click the Groups tab and make sure "autosmooth" is NOT checked.
* Before you open any files, click the Joints tab and make sure "show skeleton" is NOT checked.
* In the File menu, select Import, then select Sims2 Unimesh Import.
* You will now see a mesh.  In the blue colored viewport, in the lower right, right click and select "colored groups".

Now that you can see your first mesh, let's import your second mesh so you can compare them.

* File menu, Import again.  MilkShape will complain abou importing one model on top of another, don't worry about it, it will be fine, just do it.

Your two meshes will be shown in different colors, since you did "colored groups".  You can turn off colored groups if you just want them to be grey.  You can also show or hide each mesh individually.  Go to the groups tab, select a mesh group, and press the Hide button to hide/show it.

4) Check if one mesh is a copy of the other.  Do they look identical?
If so, take screen caps, then double check the numbers with Extended Manual Edit.

You check for identical vertices, normals, and UV coordinates.
If you're not a mesher and don't know what those are, don't worry.
I'll explain briefly, but what matters is that they are numbers and you're checking
to see if they're identical.  You do this with demon's Extended Manual Edit plugin.

* In the Model tab, click the Select button.
* In the groups tab, make sure both meshes are visible, use the Hide button to show them both.
* In any of the grey panels with wireframes, hold down the left mouse button and drag to select some vertices (dots).
You will see selected vertices turn from white to red.  It may be easiest to select just one pair of vertices, one vertex from each mesh.
* Click the Vertex menu in MilkShape, then select Extended Manual Edit.
* In the Extended Manual Edit dialog, you will see a some buttons in the top left.
Make sure the ones marked XYZ, Normals, and UV are all clicked down.
If you are looking at a clothes mesh or an object that moves, you may also want to click Bones and Bone Names.
* In the Extended Manual Edit dialog, you will see a bunch of numbers.  Check if they're identical for the two meshes.

* Vertices are the "dots" in the wireframe pictures of the mesh.  Each vertex has x,y,z coordinates, that's a set of three numbers.

* Think of normals as little pins stuck into the mesh, like a pincushion.  They are like arrows that point out from the surface of the mesh.  They control how light reflects off the mesh.  Each vertex has a normal vector, that's a set of three numbers.

* Each vertex is assigned a location on the texture.  This is done with UV coordinates, that's two numbers.

* If the mesh is for clothing or an object that moves, it has a skeleton.  Each vertex gets bone weights that control how that vertex moves when the clothing or object animates.  Bones and bone weights are a set of up to six numbers.

(This is just an example, I used identical meshes, this is not anyone's stolen mesh.)

5) Compare the UV maps.  Do they look the same?  If so, take screen caps,
and double check the UV numbers with Extended Manual Edit.

The UV map determines how a texture is "wrapped" onto a mesh.  UV maps can be displayed as images and quickly compared that way.  There's an MTS2 tutorial about how to save a UV map image, but here's a quick and simple way to see the UV map in MilkShape.

* In the Groups tab, select the mesh group you want to see the UV map for.  Use the Hide button to show the group, then Select to select it, it will turn all red.
* In the Materials group, press the New button, then the topmost <none> button.  Select some image file to use as a texture.  Click the Assign button.
* Now, press CTRL-T to show the UV map editor window.
* In the UV map editor window, there is a dropdown list, select the mesh group you want to see the UV map of.

« Last Edit: 2009 April 11, 08:59:46 by CatOfWar » Logged

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: 2009 April 13, 01:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I'm not saying that these vases by Shakeshit are particularly ugly

snappy

why pay for them when you can get these pretties from Parsimonious for FREE

snippy

Number 4 from TSR looks the same as number 5 from Para, number 2 and 3 from TSR  looks the same as number 4 from Para, although the Para ones look slightly slimmer.
Did shakeshaft use and credit their mesh, or is it offered as if she made it herself?  Someone wanna check them out, I would but I'm not at home...

Inactive
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: