PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:58:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 110 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap  (Read 552701 times)
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
Re: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
« Reply #1185 on: 2009 January 08, 14:50:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, well, you know how whiny people are. They'll interpret any form of disagreement as a personal attack.

Well in this case, I think it was a difference of interpretation hampered by ESL (which I would never have guessed Rissa), but yes, this happens to me a lot. Particularly in the field of crime - it is apparently an affront that I know more than your average forum goer. Cheesy

I think the issue with people interpreting you as attacking them is written words cannot convey how someone feels. I think your the only person when I see post that I look for smileys. Because if there's no smileys then most times you mean what it was conveyed at.  Tongue

Sad thing is, MsBarrow's looks more like my school - even though the free one is closer to what I'd always hoped my school would be like.

I've never seen a two or three story school in my life, outside of college.

Yep. One of the middle schools I attended didn't even have a second story, and was one huge pentagon. I think the only redeeming factor about that school is they had a pool we could go swimming in during gym.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: 2009 January 08, 15:26:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, TSR and MTS2 go for a version of tab viewing? Coincidence much?

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
Safety Pins
Landlubber

Crazy Airship Wenches!

View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: 2009 January 08, 15:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of Course! TSR doing anything shady and underhanded? Never.

Christina Aguilera by bruno of MTS2...

AND by TSR's own Chaz:

Ohhhhh, fail.

What I thought I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1188 on: 2009 January 08, 16:29:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, well, you know how whiny people are. They'll interpret any form of disagreement as a personal attack.

Well in this case, I think it was a difference of interpretation hampered by ESL (which I would never have guessed Rissa), but yes, this happens to me a lot. Particularly in the field of crime - it is apparently an affront that I know more than your average forum goer. Cheesy

I think the issue with people interpreting you as attacking them is written words cannot convey how someone feels. I think your the only person when I see post that I look for smileys. Because if there's no smileys then most times you mean what it was conveyed at.  Tongue

I've learned to use smilies compulsively because of that. Cheesy I write like a formal manual, so I need to use smilies and slang to sound less boring and less angry. Oooh and swears. Cheesy I do slip occasionally and find myself having to reclarify - at the previous forum I used to haunt like I haunt this one, I would get warnings from mods, so I learnt the value of a smilie very quickly.

But I have put a Smiley only to have my logic scorned completely - some people just don't like to believe they could be wrong (not in any particular case that comes to mind, just generally) and will take you disagreeing with them as a personal affront.  Crime being the popular subject of the day, many people think they know stuff, and if someone contradicts them, they don't take it well. Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: 2009 January 08, 16:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've learned to use smilies compulsively because of that. Cheesy I write like a formal manual, so I need to use smilies and slang to sound less boring and less angry. Oooh and swears. Cheesy I do slip occasionally and find myself having to reclarify - at the previous forum I used to haunt like I haunt this one, I would get warnings from mods, so I learnt the value of a smilie very quickly.

But I have put a Smiley only to have my logic scorned completely - some people just don't like to believe they could be wrong (not in any particular case that comes to mind, just generally) and will take you disagreeing with them as a personal affront.  Crime being the popular subject of the day, many people think they know stuff, and if someone contradicts them, they don't take it well. Cheesy

That I can agree with.  Tongue I've had the issue with trying to convey what I want to say to not be offensive and sometimes it ends up that way anyways. About the crime thing, I think most people don't take it well because it can vary and in some places it circumstantial. Some places laws can vary so whilst you have a vast amount of knowledge about crime in general, someone in New Zealand and a criminologist would know more about New Zealand laws.

some people just don't like to believe they could be wrong

This will happen anywhere you go. Sometimes it easier to go "whoops" and sometimes it is not. But I'm sure you cannot deny that there are people out there who have a firm belief that they are always right, everything they do is right, and refuse to even go "Ok that's your opinion." Even when pointed out of a blunder on their part they will scavenge, trying to find other ways out because they cannot be wrong.  Tongue

The biggest thing that will peeve me though, is being hypocritical. Everyone does it, but it's those people who have the attitudes of "It's right because I said so." Even with no evidence to back up their cause/reasoning, and refuse to even recognize that when someone points out their mistakes, they just go "So?"  Roll Eyes

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1190 on: 2009 January 08, 17:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That I can agree with.  Tongue I've had the issue with trying to convey what I want to say to not be offensive and sometimes it ends up that way anyways. About the crime thing, I think most people don't take it well because it can vary and in some places it circumstantial. Some places laws can vary so whilst you have a vast amount of knowledge about crime in general, someone in New Zealand and a criminologist would know more about New Zealand laws.

Oh no - if it were a regional difference that would be one thing - but disputing actual worldwide stuff - like "all pedophiles were victims in childhood" or "the youth of today are more violent" or "gun crime is not caused by owning guns" or "all cops are stupid" - mostly popular media dross or stuff they got from CSI or Law and Order. If it were legislation in other areas of the world, that would be understandable, or if it was a personal perspective of crime, that would be understandable - that's a valid thing. But then to take one peice of anecdata and extrapolate it out to the whole phenomenology of crime - that's just wrong.

Unfortunately with law and order being an election platform for the last couple of decades, there is a lot of anecdata out there encouraged by the media.

some people just don't like to believe they could be wrong
This will happen anywhere you go. Sometimes it easier to go "whoops" and sometimes it is not. But I'm sure you cannot deny that there are people out there who have a firm belief that they are always right, everything they do is right, and refuse to even go "Ok that's your opinion." Even when pointed out of a blunder on their part they will scavenge, trying to find other ways out because they cannot be wrong.  Tongue

Oh yeah - but they just bore me most of the time. I look for good debates, someone who'll give me a run for my money, rather than make it easy. Cheesy And I do so hate it when they scavenge on a personal level - but I rarely retaliate because I don't take it so personally. This is just what you do - critique, always critique. I recently had someone "reveal" to Reflexsims forum I was a dirty pirate in order to justify why I was a thief, and they - using software cracks - were not*.  They ended up looking much the worse for it of course because they took it so personally.

*Normally I wouldn't have a problem with those who use software cracks, not being your mother and all, wouldn't tell you off. But in this situation the person was saying how much they love SecuRom, and it would stop thieves. I thought they should be disabused of the notion that they were not thieves, since they like foisting SecuRom on me so much.

The biggest thing that will peeve me though, is being hypocritical. Everyone does it, but it's those people who have the attitudes of "It's right because I said so." Even with no evidence to back up their cause/reasoning, and refuse to even recognize that when someone points out their mistakes, they just go "So?"  Roll Eyes

I think I've only done that once here to a troll who wanted me to agree that both paysites and anti-paysites are wrong. I refused and told them nope I was definately right. Cheesy

Oh, and SafetyPins - linkage to the goodstuff?  Smiley

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: 2009 January 08, 17:20:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, at this stage it's not looking good - Sims 2 will be over, and maybe they'll skate on this one.  As it stands they've done a remarkably good PR job - everyone keeps saying they're free, but they're not.  They really have no impetus to actually go free, because this way they can have their cake and eat it too.

My thoughts exactly. Their paysets are old and ugly, too. They would look nice if your aesthetic sense was trapped in 2001, maybe.  And if you've never heared of Adele... And if you didn't know there was a recession and had the cash to blow on ugly things.

I mean, seriously. There's a recession going on. House values are inverting. How can you justify buying pixels in times like this, (let alone other times?)

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1192 on: 2009 January 08, 18:49:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People who take what they see on a fictional show as fact are....idiots.  I understand how annoying it can be, its how I feel about shows like Charmed - people think paganism is like what they see in movies and TV - either glamorized, or vilified.

What's worse though is the advertisements for drugs - doctors should decide what to prescribe, not some ad exec.

And yes, Bruno's stuff is always really good Smiley

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Rissa
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: 2009 January 08, 18:53:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No personal attack felt here, I just had the feeling that I said the opposite I wanted to say, so I felt the need to correct what I said. I am a member here long enough to know how Calalily thinks about paysites, and I know that we have a different opinion about the use of paysite items, everyone who ever visits my site knows this.

calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1194 on: 2009 January 08, 19:13:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My thoughts exactly. Their paysets are old and ugly, too. They would look nice if your aesthetic sense was trapped in 2001, maybe.  And if you've never heared of Adele... And if you didn't know there was a recession and had the cash to blow on ugly things.

I mean, seriously. There's a recession going on. House values are inverting. How can you justify buying pixels in times like this, (let alone other times?)

I don't know - booty donators? Cheesy But I think it's pretty wrong to make exceptions for the amount of paysite we accept - is 10% donation files on a site enough to fight a little war for? It's really either all or nothing, because this started with a little concession for the net boom, and has continued on long after and increased as greed and the way things are done.  If we were to lose our focus and proclaim 10% or less paysites not really paysites, it sort of defeats the purpose and continues on longer than need be because there's no impetus to go 100% free.

People who take what they see on a fictional show as fact are....idiots.  I understand how annoying it can be, its how I feel about shows like Charmed - people think paganism is like what they see in movies and TV - either glamorized, or vilified.

What's worse though is the advertisements for drugs - doctors should decide what to prescribe, not some ad exec.

I can see how that would be annoying too - and religion, like crime is a highly charged and often personal thing. 

Advertising for prescription drugs here is banned - you're not allowed to whore your brand - you can say the symptoms and that there may be something, ask your doctor today.  But nothing specific.  I can't believe the amount of drug ads you get over there - like "Lithium - it's great!"

No personal attack felt here, I just had the feeling that I said the opposite I wanted to say, so I felt the need to correct what I said. I am a member here long enough to know how Calalily thinks about paysites, and I know that we have a different opinion about the use of paysite items, everyone who ever visits my site knows this.

Oh I think it's just segued into another conversation on the general topic, rather than you.  Kiss I'm certainly not talking about you, just general griping brought on by Pescado's comment (as I said I didn't think that applied to our exchange) of what I hate Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1195 on: 2009 January 08, 22:59:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The drug ads are awful - they didn't used to be legal, but this is what you get with 8 years of a government catering to the rich and ignoring the well being of the country.  Now, the new guys have a right mess to clean up and I really feel for them.  I just hope they put back in the Ad restrictions.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Kragey
ARR!

I can haz CC?

View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: 2009 January 09, 00:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the tiny little town I used to live in in Ohio, the only school was K-12 and had three stories plus a basement.

Same here, and I live in PA. Our schools had a surprisingly large amount of students.

Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1197 on: 2009 January 09, 02:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't pin the lift on the prescription ad ban on this administration, though...I believe they started popping up when I was still in high school, at least ten years ago, now.  (Ads for things like Clariten and Propecia.)  The debacle that was the 2000 election was during my first year of college.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: 2009 January 09, 02:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I was growing up, lawyers couldn't advertise.  It was awesome. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: 2009 January 09, 06:36:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I was growing up, lawyers couldn't advertise.  It was awesome. 

wow..and how old are you???

*runs*  lol

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: