PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:43:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 110 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap  (Read 552732 times)
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
Re: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
« Reply #1155 on: 2009 January 03, 18:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides Chaz's inability to make that sim actually look like Audrey Hepburn, it also looks like it was made with Sims 1 not Sims 2. Then again a lot of his sims look that way to me.
this is because he doesn't model the face at all - iirc, he uses the first face from maxis and just makes masks to turn that one bone structure into some semblance of the celebrity in question.

I do the opposite - I make the bone structures and then match the base skintone, without making any sort of photoskinning at all.  I know some people swear by photoskinning, but to me, it makes the sim look wrong somehow.  IMO anyway.

Yep. He does no face sculpting at all. You think the guy could even go into a little bit of effort and make the makeup/eyebrows separate ya know. Nope, to lazy. Definitely a sign that all he cares about is the money.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
pinkyfriend
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: 2009 January 03, 21:02:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That explains why all his sims have the jawbone oof an ass  Cheesy

"The internet is like a petri dish...you drop one stupid spore in and it just grows like crazy" - my son
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: 2009 January 04, 00:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides Chaz's inability to make that sim actually look like Audrey Hepburn, it also looks like it was made with Sims 1 not Sims 2. Then again a lot of his sims look that way to me.

I think this explains the majority of paycrap sims out there. They became so used to making sims the Sims1 way that they just transfered the method to sims 2. Ah, remember the old sim bodyshop where you basically transferred an image to one shape? The hardest part was centering the image.

As long as people give them money for their "creations" like this, they have no real motivation to change and learn.
Ashbashtus
ARR!

Join us! We haz cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: 2009 January 04, 03:10:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this explains the majority of paycrap sims out there. They became so used to making sims the Sims1 way that they just transfered the method to sims 2. Ah, remember the old sim bodyshop where you basically transferred an image to one shape? The hardest part was centering the image.

As long as people give them money for their "creations" like this, they have no real motivation to change and learn.

Unfortunetly, Chaz's old way of doing things just looks like garbage in this game. Honestly, I can't really remember making my own unique sims for the Sims 1. I believe I made "my self-sim" a bunch of times, meaning just a female sim with brown hair Roll Eyes. I never found out about customization or custom content untl The Sims 2. Unfortunely though, the first content sites I found were paysites. I still shudder at my 12 year old TSR-sheeple days. Embarrassed

"Ook ook, eek eek, motherfucker" -Paden
ShakeShaft's a fucking thief and Thoma$$' little bitch.
TSR, the home of JesusDot
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: 2009 January 04, 03:24:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunetly, Chaz's old way of doing things just looks like garbage in this game. Honestly, I can't really remember making my own unique sims for the Sims 1. I believe I made "my self-sim" a bunch of times, meaning just a female sim with brown hair Roll Eyes. I never found out about customization or custom content untl The Sims 2. Unfortunely though, the first content sites I found were paysites. I still shudder at my 12 year old TSR-sheeple days. Embarrassed

I feel your pain! It hasn't even been more than 2 years since I found the light.

As for sims1 I fondly(?) remember trying to make custom and self sims with sims1 tools and I feel like it ought to be cringeworthy, but I just kinda chuckle. With Sims1 it's the crudeness that makes it endearing. With sims2, not so much.
heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: 2009 January 04, 04:43:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With Sims1 it's the crudeness that makes it endearing.

Aw, you make me recall the very first outfit I made for Sims 1... This hideous solid green outfit with a bright red scarf. I was so excited at my own "skill" but for some reason I never actually used the outfit, heh heh...
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: 2009 January 04, 06:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol  Cheesy
Actually, the 'I don't want my stuff on fat sims1111!!!!!'-thing is a reference to another Sims 2 custom content creator who seriously had this in their TOS. Does anyone remember who that was?

I had a feeling you were joking ....but my cubby simmies still had to hit the gym Smiley   I am not surprised someone has that in their TOU tho..I have read some over at the TSR that were pretty far out there.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
Megabolt
Landlubber

I am the handsome devil of the Hidden Leaf Village

View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: 2009 January 07, 00:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure how to feel about XM since they still offer donation stuff (Are they making any progress towards making that stuff free?), but i wanted to show this...

tsr's

vs
xm's

Is it just me or is this a rip-off of XM??  Also, just in case that wasn't enough pwnage for you...

PeggyG shop junk

vs
Berneseland's creation from MTS2

Edit-misspelled Berneseland
« Last Edit: 2009 January 07, 00:29:41 by Megabolt » Logged

Megabolt the Great
crunk
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: 2009 January 07, 00:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure how to feel about XM since they still offer donation stuff (Are they making any progress towards making that stuff free?), but i wanted to show this...

tsr's
vs
xm's
Is it just me or is this a rip-off of XM??  Also, just in case that wasn't enough pwnage for you...

XM is a paysite.
Megabolt
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: 2009 January 07, 00:47:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

tsr's
vs
xm's

XM is a paysite.

I will take that as a "No they aren't working to become free".  Thank you  Grin

Megabolt the Great
crunk
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: 2009 January 07, 02:06:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

tsr's
vs
xm's

XM is a paysite.

What would have given you that idea? People look at XM and assume that because they haven't updated the pay files in a long time that this makes them somehow less of a paysite and more of a freesite with a what... coding error that takes your credit card info before you can access certain files?
Megabolt
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: 2009 January 07, 02:25:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

tsr's
vs
xm's

XM is a paysite.

What would have given you that idea? People look at XM and assume that because they haven't updated the pay files in a long time that this makes them somehow less of a paysite and more of a freesite with a what... coding error that takes your credit card info before you can access certain files?

I had read in another topic that XM was slowly freeing its donation files.  I was curious if they were still making progress on that, or if they had stopped.  I assumed from your answer that they weren't.  If I am mistaken, I apologize.

Megabolt the Great
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: 2009 January 07, 03:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There has been no progress for such a long time that the conclusion has been drawn that they aren't going to do it.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: 2009 January 07, 05:42:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There has been no progress for such a long time that the conclusion has been drawn that they aren't going to do it.

They never made stuff I wanted anyway. The textures always look lazy and half-assed.  Time-honored marks of the paysite. though the hair meshes look alright sometimes.I do like when other people retexture their stuff.

Who, if anyone in the world is still paying for the pay content on that site? One's got to assume that there are a few poor suckers out there who pay for that stuff now and then who don't know much about cc, the sims community, good quality freestuff-- let alone that they even made the claim that this stuff would eventually be free.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1169 on: 2009 January 07, 07:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had read in another topic that XM was slowly freeing its donation files.  I was curious if they were still making progress on that, or if they had stopped. 

Paden is right - they've done nothing for ages, and are still a paysite. 

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: