PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 21:32:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 110 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap  (Read 556417 times)
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
Re: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
« Reply #780 on: 2008 October 03, 12:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*offers rum and cookies* Do you organize music?

Actually, its not that I don't already have a good system for organizing music, just anytime I start working on it a> my wrist hates me, of b> I get to start over.  I don't think I've ever made it past G.  I've currently got almost 500 gigs of music, and I'm sure a good 1/4 or more is duplicates, as I share music with friends and family.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: 2008 October 03, 16:15:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Want to organize mine? I shall pay you with cookies and alcohol.  Grin

Hah, that's a good enough payment for me!  Wink

Yay! Maybe now I won't have so many files names laif193759533_ohf667.package. I hate that crap. I thought someone in a thread around here offered another program that scans your entire system for duplicate files? I know I read it somewhere.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: 2008 October 03, 17:32:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've said it before, but not sure where, but the Clean Installer will find duplicate files and highlight them in pink. The hacks will be outlined in red and regular files will say what they are for the most part. It will also give you preview pics. I like it, it's helped me organize the mess somewhat.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: 2008 October 03, 17:44:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes but Soggy needs it for music files.  Smiley

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: 2008 October 03, 17:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must be more tired than I thought. Way back when, I used to make 26 different folders for music and chuck them in according to alphabetical order. I didn't do it by song title, I did it by artist. For some reason, that made it easier for me to figure out where the dupes were and which was the better version. I'm weird that way.

dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: 2008 October 03, 19:18:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a very hard time with music. A while ago my computer decided to spit fire at me, and instead of trying to fix it, we just erased everything and upgraded to Vista. We had our music, photos, and SIMS! (of course) backed up, but the music files were just down right mean to me! Really mean. I don't even know what the hell happened, but I did eventually get them to work. It's just instead of having a nice, neat place for music, I have files here, there and everywhere. Or maybe that's because I use iTunes. I don't know.

I had to organize Sims stuff because my other half used to use this computer, and he would have teased me to no end if he saw 'evidence' of my 'obsession'. Now, it's just way easier to keep it all organized, especially considering that CAS no longer gives me the option to delete such things as Makeup, Accessories, or Facial Hair. Dammit, CAS! Don't you know any better?   *insert fist shaking smiley*   I'm going to cut your heart out with a spoon!

I would imagine that many subfolders do slow down your game (unless, it seems, you're keirra), but for me it's worth it to have some slow time versus time spent trying to find something.

Anyhow, MissB, if you really want me to organize your DL folder, I'd be glad to. But, I must warn you, I'm not an expert! I just like organizing things. Which is odd, cause my house is always a wreck!

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
ValkyrieProfile
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: 2008 October 03, 20:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought someone in a thread around here offered another program that scans your entire system for duplicate files? I know I read it somewhere.

That program would be Esay Duplicate Finder.
I can't find the orginal thread where it was mentioned, but it was not too long ago on this forum.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
ARR!

Sublime Mushroom Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #787 on: 2008 October 03, 20:28:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I you can definitely use multiple folder levels in the sims, but my machine (somewhat older - Sempron 3100+, 1gb ram, ATI 9550) loads faster with 1 folder level.

As for music, I have subfolders for entire albums that people share with me; otherwise they are all loose, but I also just make sure they are all named artist - songtitle.mp3 so that way it is easy for me to sort through. As for music, I have 5,163 files or 27.5gb on one dedicated hdd.

Pesky Pescado's in your garden? SublimeSims.net. Proud host to Illusions of Grandeur, Calalily Sims and Sims2Artists.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #788 on: 2008 October 03, 20:35:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My prefered sorting for mods for the sims is a folder for each downloaded item - but its gotten messy.  Also, hacks are supposed to be in their own subfolder.

For music, I'm trying to sort it all into subfolders alphabetically, a folder for each letter [except x, y, and z sharing one] and a folder for # named groups and a folder for various, which holds soundtracks, compilation albums, and traditional music.  And I have a holiday music folder with halloween and christmas-time stuff.

Then I try to have all my artist's subfolders tidied with stuff sorted by album.  Unfortunately, not everyone I've gotten music from is as ocd about it, so I've got a lot of work to do.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: 2008 October 04, 02:55:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried other methods, but settled on sorting items by place of origin. It's simple and I know where to go if I have a problem. My modthesims2 folder has subfolders by creator, but that's it.

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: 2008 October 04, 04:20:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to try out that little utility, I have no clue what all I have squirreled away on my game computer any more... Looks like it needs a good clean out, that's for damn sure!

ThirtyMinutesAgo
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: 2008 October 04, 15:57:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DISGUSTING THAT PERSON SHOULD BE BANNED FROM SIMS 2.

Angry

Angry

Angry

Angry

Angry

Angry

Angry

Angry

Angry

Angry

Angry

Angry

EWWW

>:

Angry

Angry

Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: 2008 October 04, 16:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You wasted most of my screen just to post that? You have got to be kidding. It isn't even Sunday here yet. Please don't do that again, and please don't speak in caps. It's considered rude. Besides, I don't see why that person should be banned if she isn't selling anything. Therefore, we really don't care how she plays her game.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: 2008 October 04, 16:03:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bad troll! Stop using so many bloody smilies Roll Eyes

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
meowbark
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #794 on: 2008 October 04, 16:05:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TMA. GTFO PMD.

No one wants you here if all your going to do is act like a 12 and tell us to fuck our sisters. Lips sealed

I'm 12 and what is this
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: