PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 07:37:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 110 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap  (Read 556578 times)
elpemmy
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
Re: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
« Reply #660 on: 2008 September 24, 15:29:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love BuggyBooz furniture too! Tis awesome Cheesy

I have another comparison:
This "Dance" Outfit, from T$R

And this gorgeous Ballerina outfit from BeutelRatti (here in case you hadn't seen it already Tongue
Millie
ARR!

Mean, callous, Harpy.

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: 2008 September 24, 16:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is nicely done. It looks a little, um, uncomfortable around the butt area though  Cheesy

I know from experience that those stockings on the first one just wouldn't stay up though.....and they'd leave marks on your legs!

Every time a woman masturbates, God creates a kitteh. Think of the Kittehs people!
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: 2008 September 24, 17:46:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep meaning to ask Nouk if its okay if I use her hair textures for the maxis male hair.  I just.....some of the styles are okay, but the textures are awful.

Nouk has an awesome TOS:
You can upload my texture files with your creations, as long as you credit me and link back. 100% free sites only.
You can edit and re-use (parts of) my textures and recolor them, as long as you credit me and link back. 100% free sites only.

That's why so many people have been going nuts and putting her lovely textures on just about everything under the sun.

Quote from: Lord Darcy
I played several excellent custom scenarios for NWN. Some of them are just amazing, with rich details and intricate storylines, you can only wonder how much love the creator must have poured into creating them. And did they charge even a penny for their contents? Hell no. Free sharing of custom game contents is the esprit de corps in video game fandom, and I detest vehemently those greedy bastards who corrupted it in Sims community for good.

I used to love the NWN mod community! I did a few retextures and put together a few custom maps and things, but nothing like what some people could do. I think because a lot of people who play the sims aren't big gamers or modders outside this community, they don't realize how much time and effort other communities put into making fantastic game mods, and all of them for free.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
dragonarts
Landlubber

Dragons!

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: 2008 September 24, 18:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, that ugly TSR dance outfit could be turned into a really cute exercise set with a little mesh work and some texture details. The sleeves look painted on but it isn't that hard to find a T-shirt top for sleeves, and the bottoms could be turned into cute little shorts. It might need a T-shirt hem mesh too. There'd have to be a few other adjustments, like shadows at the hems. I can so see it though. (and yes, I love fushia.  Tongue )

elpemmy
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #664 on: 2008 September 24, 18:55:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh... I didn't see the recolour till after i posted, but that was definitely the better of the two. It was.. puke green and an orangey pink, i think?
You're right, it probably could look better with a whole load of adjustments.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: 2008 September 24, 19:52:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Lord Darcy
I played several excellent custom scenarios for NWN. Some of them are just amazing, with rich details and intricate storylines, you can only wonder how much love the creator must have poured into creating them. And did they charge even a penny for their contents? Hell no. Free sharing of custom game contents is the esprit de corps in video game fandom, and I detest vehemently those greedy bastards who corrupted it in Sims community for good.

I used to love the NWN mod community! I did a few retextures and put together a few custom maps and things, but nothing like what some people could do. I think because a lot of people who play the sims aren't big gamers or modders outside this community, they don't realize how much time and effort other communities put into making fantastic game mods, and all of them for free.

Many of us have been screaming about this from the rooftops since Day 1. It doesn't seem to have done any good. People who are pro-paysite will just not engage with the fact that people spend years creating complex, high-quality mods for other games and would never dream of charging. Paysite whores just skim right over that fact and screech about how they spent time, effort, blood and tears on that Sim lipstick and should be paid for it.

oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: 2008 September 24, 21:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, that ugly TSR dance outfit could be turned into a really cute exercise set with a little mesh work and some texture details. The sleeves look painted on but it isn't that hard to find a T-shirt top for sleeves, and the bottoms could be turned into cute little shorts. It might need a T-shirt hem mesh too. There'd have to be a few other adjustments, like shadows at the hems. I can so see it though. (and yes, I love fushia.  Tongue )

You just described almost a complete overhaul. If something needs a complete overhaul to look good--- well,
I'd like to see that, actually. If you do it, could you post the results?
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: 2008 September 24, 22:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, there's a real good clue for people that just come into the community that they shouldn't pay for custom content. It's that little disclaimer on the page that says they are in no way, shape or form affiliated with EA Games. No affiliation means they're not entitled to profit because the company doesn't recognize them. If they were licensed then they could have monies, but they isn't so piss on them.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
jilly
ARR!

dumber than EVAR

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: 2008 September 24, 22:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nouk

vs

Wink
« Last Edit: 2008 September 24, 23:06:35 by jilly » Logged
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: 2008 September 24, 22:52:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this thread is just about the most reliable online comedy I've encountered in ages.

What is that "Celebration" hair celebrating, exactly? Weird, sandpaper textured hair and awkward shapes? Bring out the bubbly!
What creeps me out is the weird, perfectly circular highlight on the hair that makes it look like the "power" symbol on a tv remote or an eyeless pac-man

The short hair is GORGEOUS. If I had the right shaped head, I'd totally get that cut.
EmilyTwitch
Mentally Retarded
ARR!

is still in 12-school...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #670 on: 2008 September 24, 23:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is that "Celebration" hair celebrating, exactly? Weird, sandpaper textured hair and awkward shapes? Bring out the bubbly!

Maybe they helped themselves to the bubbly BEFORE the party, and that's why that hair looks so awful.

Oh look, I get a speshul title. Thanks Pescado.
Artwork?
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: 2008 September 24, 23:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they helped themselves to the bubbly BEFORE the party, and that's why that hair looks so awful.
That would explain a lot.
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: 2008 September 25, 01:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(and yes, I love fushia.  Tongue )

Wasn't war on fushia declared? Did you miss that meeting!??!?! hehe j/k

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
dragonarts
Landlubber

Dragons!

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: 2008 September 25, 01:35:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*pout* If there is a war on fuchsia can I haz a ceasefire called? I LIKE fuchsia. Although I don't find much for sims in fuchsia that looks decent.

oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: 2008 September 25, 02:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*pout* If there is a war on fuchsia can I haz a ceasefire called? I LIKE fuchsia. Although I don't find much for sims in fuchsia that looks decent.
Only in the cases where it's an actual fuchsia plant. Probably one made by boog. I imagine those would be safe.

Now I wanna see if something like that exists.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: