PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:26:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 110 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap  (Read 552813 times)
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
« Reply #645 on: 2008 September 23, 04:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That Peggy hair reminds me of Big Bird. Cheesy
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #646 on: 2008 September 23, 13:33:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep meaning to ask Nouk if its okay if I use her hair textures for the maxis male hair.  I just.....some of the styles are okay, but the textures are awful.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
elpemmy
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #647 on: 2008 September 23, 19:26:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haz a comparison:
A very lovely house from simcreations.net (found this site a couple days ago and FELL IN LOVE WITH IT!)

And a house by... *coughelpemmycough* at T$R
Before I knew better, obviously. And before I learned that that is one hell of an ugly house Tongue

Heh.... I'm rubbish Tongue
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #648 on: 2008 September 23, 19:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, your house could be really easy made to look spiffy - just add some landscaping and some variety to the roof.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
jilly
ARR!

dumber than EVAR

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: 2008 September 23, 20:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, your house could be really easy made to look spiffy - just add some landscaping and some variety to the roof.

Also nicer doors/windows.

Simaddict99's medieval kitchen pwned by tarox's?

Tarox:

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: 2008 September 24, 04:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haz a comparison:
A very lovely house from simcreations.net (found this site a couple days ago and FELL IN LOVE WITH IT!)
*snip*

And a house by... *coughelpemmycough* at T$R
Before I knew better, obviously. And before I learned that that is one hell of an ugly house Tongue
*snip*]

Heh.... I'm rubbish Tongue

Your house wasn't bad. Not something I would download. Different wallpaper, fancier doors and windows, (is that a flashing blue window I spot there?), landscaping,evened roof (I don't know why but uneven roofs irk me) and fix the slope in the back would have made it adorable Smiley

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: 2008 September 24, 04:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Medieval set is a perfect example of FREE= AWESOME, PAY = PHAIlL.
The minute I get home I am so downloading it.

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: 2008 September 24, 08:15:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a fairly new member of the sims community i really understand how 5000 people would buy a chaz hair.  Some of the uploads on certain free sites were adverts for paysites. Download the hair, click the link to the mesh oh oh pay mesh.  i would have been tempted if I had a paypal account.  I totally bought into even the free things weren't totally free and maybe it was only the exchange that did really free.  i walked into a debate on pay/free. found this thread and the hair I was tempted to download was there along with helga's. i would have been part of the running total on chaz hair.  Sometimes it isn't stupidity that makes you pay it is lack of experience and naivety.

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #653 on: 2008 September 24, 08:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes it isn't stupidity that makes you pay it is lack of experience and naivety.

I totally agree with you. I was an inch away from finding some way to pay for Sussis' stuff when I found the booty talked about at MATY (I found the phorum first and didn't ask where the booty was - found that about a week later).  If you're not involved in the forum side of it, it's almost impossible to come across the link to the booty - and even though it showed up in google under searches, no one clicks on a link called /booty/peggysims....blah because it just looks like those links always thrown up by google that lead to ad sites.

It's a good thing that site owners are putting up links to the booty - that will be one of the ways downloaders find it - but sometimes it's not so obvious.  If they are snared by TSR first, the odds go down considerably.

It is those who are least involved in the community that will be paying, not those who are all over forums.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Millie
ARR!

Mean, callous, Harpy.

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: 2008 September 24, 10:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In total agreement.

I never joined forums until recently. Consequently, I had lots of pay stuff. Well over, a couple of hundred pounds sterling, pay stuff.

Sites I 'donated' to? Sim chic (sub) Well dressed sim (sub) Simsconnection (sub) Smeggyzone (sub) TSR (sub), and Reflexsims, Rose, Caravan sims, Lliana, Glamourous lounge, 8ds, 4esf, plus a few others I can't recall the names of.

I found the booty via DL mulsows I think....read up on the purpose of the site, and why it was in existance, then proceeded to call myself all kinds of stupid, for not reading the EULA in the first place. I honestly believed, that these artists deserved paying for their work.
I only found Mulsows by accident....googling for complete sims, or something like that.
The rest, as they say, is history.
Do I have a grudge? Hell yeah  Cheesy
Whats more, since then, I have found MUCH better stuff, all for free. It's kind of annoying.

And, just to illustrate my point, as I am a kitchen whore

Reflexsims Deseo.
The counters don't mesh at the corners, the textures look weird in game - Reflex stuff is photoshopped to all hell before putting up, I'm sure, and very little choice of what you can do with it. Also, if I recall correctly, it's not animated either so your sims don't open cupboard doors....unlike, my comparison set.

And this from Buggybooz. I am a Buggybooz fangurl LOL. I heart buggybooz.

It really DOES look this good in game. Gorgeous textures, which look great even on my graphics card, which tends to show up even minute faults. Lots of options to change the look of the kitchen. I love this kitchen. There is a dining table/chairs/deco, which match this set too.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 24, 10:56:49 by Millie » Logged

Every time a woman masturbates, God creates a kitteh. Think of the Kittehs people!
Lord Darcy
Landlubber

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #655 on: 2008 September 24, 11:07:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should also be noted that Sims fandom is an anomaly in the whole video game scene. If you've been around video game scene before you've ever encountered Sims, you would have realized that charging for custom game contents is a totally abhorrent, unthinkable thing in any other video game fandoms except for Sims. However, Sims is often the first (and often the only) video game many players encounter, thus they accept the vile paysite policy as the norm.

I played several excellent custom scenarios for NWN. Some of them are just amazing, with rich details and intricate storylines, you can only wonder how much love the creator must have poured into creating them. And did they charge even a penny for their contents? Hell no. Free sharing of custom game contents is the esprit de corps in video game fandom, and I detest vehemently those greedy bastards who corrupted it in Sims community for good.

Back to pwnage. The KitchenBasic set is simply gorgeous. One of the best Kitchen sets in the entire Sims community, free or pay. Buggybooz even updated the fridge to be compatible with all EPs.

calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #656 on: 2008 September 24, 11:15:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found the booty via DL mulsows I think....read up on the purpose of the site, and why it was in existance, then proceeded to call myself all kinds of stupid, for not reading the EULA in the first place.

I think few people read the EULA - I didn't read it until I got Pets, and that's when I got outraged about paysites.  But I wouldn't have an issue - I have to tell my class of *half* law students to read the research disclaimer (we're researching teaching methods) before they sign it. It's not unusual to just sign and not think.

The counters don't mesh at the corners, the textures look weird in game - Reflex stuff is photoshopped to all hell before putting up, I'm sure, and very little choice of what you can do with it.

I think someone should do the whole "preview" vs. in game to show the photoshopping bullcrap to show how they con people to buy. I would volunteer, but I'd be starting from the point where I have no clue which is and which isn't.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Millie
ARR!

Mean, callous, Harpy.

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: 2008 September 24, 11:33:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok Cala. I have very little custom content in my game at the moment, so I will volunteer. Hub is on nights at the moment, and it will give me something to do  Wink

I think it deserves a thread of its own though, this one. Another prime candidate for this is Vitasims stuff. Besides the fact that it's ridiculously high poly, many of the items (as with Reflex) need cheats to place them so they don't bleed through walls and stuff.

Payfug in all it's glory!

Every time a woman masturbates, God creates a kitteh. Think of the Kittehs people!
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #658 on: 2008 September 24, 11:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Definately new thread.  Kiss And I'm sure if you get it started, someone else will show their examples.  Grin

Visit Calalilysims

jilly
ARR!

dumber than EVAR

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: 2008 September 24, 12:26:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok Cala. I have very little custom content in my game at the moment, so I will volunteer. Hub is on nights at the moment, and it will give me something to do  Wink

I think it deserves a thread of its own though, this one. Another prime candidate for this is Vitasims stuff. Besides the fact that it's ridiculously high poly, many of the items (as with Reflex) need cheats to place them so they don't bleed through walls and stuff.

Payfug in all it's glory!

I like the style of Vita's stuff, but the actual furniture is trash....
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: