PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:58:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 110 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap  (Read 552895 times)
jilly
ARR!

dumber than EVAR

View Profile
Re: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
« Reply #570 on: 2008 September 13, 01:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Time for the battle of the pirate ship lots  Cheesy
Compare this TSR one with v1nd1care's free version 

Edited to add: The FA says it can only be placed in a certain place in Twikki island, and you have to move a lot to put it there. FAIL
dragonarts
Landlubber

Dragons!

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: 2008 September 13, 02:10:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a comparison of pigtails:

Part 1
Rose's pigtails have a weird-ass mesh

Ok, one of the reasons I love this thread is the really wonderful free stuff I see posted here, which I often must then go download. This particular hair is not good, but the part that is not strange looking pigtails is rather like a style I have been wishing I had. I could go to the booty, dl the rose hair and modify it myself. However, if someone knows where I could get a quality free hair of very similar style, I'd appreciate it.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 13, 05:27:33 by dragonarts » Logged

vindi
ARR!

Nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: 2008 September 13, 05:22:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Part 1

Ok, one of the reasons I love this thread is the really wonderful free stuff I see posted here, which I often must then go download. This particular hair is not good, but the part that is not strange looking pigtails is rather like a style I have been wishing I had. I could go to the booty, dl the rose hair and modify it myself. However, if someone knows where I could get a quality free hair of very similar style, I'd appreciate it.

Dragonarts, some people are on dialup and loading the same image twice on a page is unnecessary. Just edit it out of your quote. Also, this is a comparison thread. There is a similar, free, and much better mesh *in* the post you quoted.
dragonarts
Landlubber

Dragons!

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: 2008 September 13, 05:31:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I'm sorry, but perhaps you didn't understand what I was asking for. And maybe this thread isn't the best place to ask, but what I want isn't a pigtail mesh. What I want is a short swing with bangs, which is what the Rose hair is if you remove the "pigtails." The free hair is a lovely pigtail mesh, isn't it? I only asked here because the picture of the Rose hair is here.

edited for clarity

keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: 2008 September 13, 07:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ask a pirate thread would be your best place to ask a question, not this thread.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Rissa
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: 2008 September 13, 09:01:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want the rosehair with the fake-braids removed look at renegadesims.com. Of course this isn't technically a free hair, still an edited pay hair, but renegade inproved it a lot with reducing polycount since it's a mesh edit, not just an alpha edit...
If there's a similar free hair I'm sure it will be posted here...

And to make this post a useful one:

Updos with curls at the back
Peggy:

VS
Helga:

Owl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: 2008 September 13, 14:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I absolutely ADORE that Helga mesh! I would put it on all of my sims, but then they'd all look the same. Need MOAR Helga and Nouk!
maryfairy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: 2008 September 13, 14:18:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updos with curls at the back
Peggy
VS
Helga

Ugh, a couple of weeks ago I downloaded that Peggy hair. I went in game and it looked like there was pasta on my Sims heads. >> The Helga hair, on the other hand, has gooorgeous textures, and it doesn't have alien skull or icky icky gaps!
vindi
ARR!

Nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: 2008 September 13, 16:40:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I'm sorry, but perhaps you didn't understand what I was asking for. And maybe this thread isn't the best place to ask, but what I want isn't a pigtail mesh. What I want is a short swing with bangs, which is what the Rose hair is if you remove the "pigtails." The free hair is a lovely pigtail mesh, isn't it? I only asked here because the picture of the Rose hair is here.

Ahh, I gotcha Wink. My bad!
Astonished lemons
Banned!

OHAI

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: 2008 September 13, 18:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Part 1

EDIT! It wasnt Rissa, it was dachshundsr4me .

its here: http://www.simscave.com/ferris/index.php?topic=4035.0
« Last Edit: 2008 September 13, 18:56:01 by Astonished lemons » Logged
dragonarts
Landlubber

Dragons!

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: 2008 September 14, 01:58:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sim Cave link was broken, but it pointed me in the right direction. Renegadesims had it.

I tried to find a free version of this:

Kate Hudson dress, since simenapule (an Italian paysite) did such a horrible job on it:

but I got discouraged wading through all the websites. I tried googling Sims 2 free downloads, and got a hugeous list of paysites. Somehow that doesn't seem right.

deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: 2008 September 14, 02:12:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my own guarded opinion, there is not much you can do to improve that dress. It's simply ghastly, what the hell was Kate Hudson thinking?
She looks like she tried to wrap herself up in the Jamaican flag and totally failed.

Hehe >Tongue
j/j!

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
pickles
ARR!

Disillusioned Miscreant

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: 2008 September 14, 02:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First she would have had to find the Jamaican flag printed on a slip. That's quite shiny. And wrinkly. And I don't care for it, either.

If you don't have your heart set on that particular dress, try All About Style. She's done some lovely celebrity dress conversions, and she's free (don't limit yourself to just checking out the celebrity stuff, please! you'll be missing a lot if you do) .

puzzle pirates, yarrrr (I'm on malachite)
If God wanted women to like me, He would have made me a chocolate shoe filled with money. ~Hastings Kilgore
dragonarts
Landlubber

Dragons!

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: 2008 September 14, 03:02:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooo! *huggles the purties* Thanks! I was surfing paysites hoping to find something to share here when I saw that Kate Hudson dress. I like Kate Hudson. Didn't exactly care for the dress either. I had hoped to find others that were better but I wasn't successful. There was one on MTS2, but it wasn't in any way like the pay one, so I didn't think it was a good comparison. You know that this thread is very good for my simmies, right? Though my downloads folder is groaning.

keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: 2008 September 14, 03:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a girl crush on Kate Hudson. I just adore her. I really like her mother (Goldie Hawn) too.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: