PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 05:30:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 110 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap  (Read 556566 times)
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
Re: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
« Reply #360 on: 2008 August 19, 03:44:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I don't watch Star Trek, but even to me that Sunair hair just SCREAMS Klingon.

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
LadySandyOinkers
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2008 August 19, 04:12:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the sake of a side-by-side (or top-to-bottom?), here's Chaz's mess.

Here's a similar one by Helga. (I'm in love with this hair by the way.)

(click images for download page)

Absolutely no comparison. The helga hair is so pretty! And exactly what I have been looking for (for my self sim)! Thanks for bringing it to our attention!
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 2008 August 19, 05:14:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seriously? You couldn't cut out the pictures for that?

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
jilly
ARR!

dumber than EVAR

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2008 August 19, 07:58:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See the difference between this fugly TSR castle, complete with no terrain or landscape:

and this lovely MTS2 castle?

fway
ARR!

ESTP

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2008 August 19, 10:20:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kate @ Parsimonious' Wandering

http://www.parsimonious.org/furniture2/build/k8-Wandering.shtml

vs. Shakeshaft's TOTAL RIPOFF 'Romany Life in Mauve' - I'm assuming the rest of this set will be coming... or already has

Millie
ARR!

Mean, callous, Harpy.

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2008 August 19, 11:05:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Kates caravans in game. They are perfect, right down to the last detail - old fashioned telephone, bath/shower recolours to fit the Gypsy theme, kitchen gypsified. I love it.

Every time a woman masturbates, God creates a kitteh. Think of the Kittehs people!
Rissa
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2008 August 19, 12:23:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See the difference between this fugly TSR castle, complete with no terrain or landscape:

and this lovely MTS2 castle?

If you want to compare castles you just have to mention the wonderful free castles by Dimorasims!

Silver Arrows
ARR!

Disillusioned miscreants FTW!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #367 on: 2008 August 19, 17:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my, get your panties out of a twist.
My knickers are utterly not in a twist. Sorry if you think I'm being confrontational or summin. Just the way you said "peggy's crap over helga's" sounded (to me) like you were bunching them both as crap.

You're free to prefer peggy's hairstyles over any other artists, but you can't deny, at least helga's meshes are free and  good quality i.e no neck gaps and possessed hair flying around every time your sims breathe. Why get pay content when free artists make much better quality items? And that is what this thread's about.

And to me, the colors of the [peggy] hair don't matter because I retexture them anyway
Although Helga's probably gap-less, I think her textures are kind of eh....
Uh?

Run into the setting sun — run and suffer. Just don't mess up your hair
Silver Arrows's P&L at me
jilly
ARR!

dumber than EVAR

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2008 August 19, 18:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to compare castles you just have to mention the wonderful free castles by Dimorasims!

Hmm I didn't see that one, but the castles are awesome  Cheesy
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2008 August 19, 18:31:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That caravan at Parsimonious looks awesome. Smiley
Emma
Goopy Lover
ARR!

All Pescados Suck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #370 on: 2008 August 19, 18:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That caravan at Parsimonious looks awesome. Smiley

I must download them and have me some Gypsy sims! I think I might move Natasha Una into one Grin
Rissa
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 2008 August 19, 20:26:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My knickers are utterly not in a twist. Sorry if you think I'm being confrontational or summin. Just the way you said "peggy's crap over helga's" sounded (to me) like you were bunching them both as crap.

You're free to prefer peggy's hairstyles over any other artists, but you can't deny, at least helga's meshes are free and  good quality i.e no neck gaps and possessed hair flying around every time your sims breathe. Why get pay content when free artists make much better quality items? And that is what this thread's about.

And to me, the colors of the [peggy] hair don't matter because I retexture them anyway
Uh?

I think what Caedre wants to say is that most Peggysims textures are rather straight so that they are easy to retexture while most hairs by Helga are at least a bit wavy/curly. This means that if you don't like the rather realistic textures by Helga and want to retexture them, you'd either use a straight texture which makes the hair look kinda strange, or you have to work really hard to get the original wavy look but with textures to your liking.
And if I remember right Caedre prefers Maxis-matching textures which might look nice on some of Helga's hairs, but not on all of them...

Just export some hairtextures by Helga and Peggy and compare them, and you'll notice the difference.

This of course doesn't mean that Helga's hairs are worse than Peggy's, they just use totally different ways of texturing, but from the view of someone who deals with hair textures on a daily basis Caedre's arguments are understandable.
For someone who just downloads the original style or recolors are these arguments irrelevant though.

Edit: typo

dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 2008 August 19, 20:27:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's great when free creators recolor pay meshes and actually make them look better than the original creator's textures. Because, really, if you're going to create the mesh, shouldn't you make the hair look good?

Thus, we have peggy's mesh and her version of crazy colored hair:

versus Ana's version of crazy colored hair (with the same mesh)
which you can find right here (in the new aspiration set - YAY).

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 2008 August 19, 20:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

which you can find right here (in the new aspiration set - YAY).

Yay from me too! I didn't realize the new set was up until just now.

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
Caedre
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 2008 August 20, 10:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh?

I think what Caedre wants to say is that most Peggysims textures are rather straight so that they are easy to retexture while most hairs by Helga are at least a bit wavy/curly. This means that if you don't like the rather realistic textures by Helga and want to retexture them, you'd either use a straight texture which makes the hair look kinda strange, or you have to work really hard to get the original wavy look but with textures to your liking.
And if I remember right Caedre prefers Maxis-matching textures which might look nice on some of Helga's hairs, but not on all of them...

Just export some hairtextures by Helga and Peggy and compare them, and you'll notice the difference.

This of course doesn't mean that Helga's hairs are worse than Peggy's, they just use totally different ways of texturing, but from the view of someone who deals with hair textures on a daily basis Caedre's arguments are understandable.
For someone who just downloads the original style or recolors are these arguments irrelevant though.

Edit: typo

Hmm hmm yeah n____n thank you!

I'm not good at explaining myself anyway x___x but if you Helga's meshes and Peggy's.. compare the curly ones, for me Peggy's curly ones are more fun to paint because theyre actually on a flat mesh.
I just dont like meshed curls, my personal preference.

And yeah, I love maxis textures <3

Anyway, on topic:

I've got something to compare aswell, something I noticed while looking for a hairstyle I used to have..

Peggy hair vs XM Sims hair:

Is it to me or are they similar? XM Sims' actually animated and Peggy's isnt.

Also; If I'm being confusing.. english isn't my native tongue n___n
« Last Edit: 2008 August 20, 10:29:02 by Caedre » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: