PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:48:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 110 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap  (Read 552942 times)
gabbi_the_insomniac
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
« Reply #120 on: 2008 August 03, 03:41:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gabbi, that's why you read, think, and read again. If I don't check the prior posts at least a couple of times, I completely miss the point. There again, I usually have at least one kid in my lap, or yelling in my ear. Birth control FTW!  Wink

...and to conclude the show kids, thats why Gabbi shouldn't post on forums before her coffee!

I'll be sure to read it 100000000000000 times next time Wink
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2008 August 03, 03:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sorry this was just puuurrr-fect!  Grin

*not meant to be rude just thought it was ironic Tongue*
« Last Edit: 2008 August 03, 05:01:43 by Missbonbon » Logged

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2008 August 03, 03:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome macro, snagged it! Grin

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
vindi
ARR!

Nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2008 August 03, 04:57:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While moar fight is part of the phorum's atmosphere, it doesn't really seem fair to jump on someone because they're not net literate. She fixed the images already... It's not cool to annoy your intarweb elders, but on the other hand I (kinda) get why Bella reacted like that. (Control your temper, you're sooo not looking good by getting your panties in a twist.) Undecided But I have the Atwat thread for reading drama so I'm going to post moar Paysite pwning.

http://isc.thesimsresource.com/images/696/696509.jpg <-- Jirka's super ugly Madonna... I would use img tags, but Jirka's never heard of cropping or resizing.

Or 2 classy Madonnas, one by Bruno and the other by Bakalia.

Edit: Stupid typo thingy.

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2008 August 03, 05:07:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about this Chazdesigns Catherine Zeta Jones

vs

MTS2 Escand's Catherine

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: 2008 August 03, 06:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grow up, asshole. Angry  I'm still fairly new to the world of internet and forums, m'kay?  Plus, I do have a life outside of PMBD; I've been pretty busy today.   I edited my fucking post, no thanks to you.  Happy?!?

It is you who is a whiny baby - I'm not your wet nurse.  You were proficient enough to understand how to display the image, but not proficient enough to figure out how to use google to find out what hotlinking is? I don't believe that for a second - you want it handed to you on a plate, and until then you act like a dumb shit.

calalily was attacking me, what was I to do?  It tried to play nice (as much as PMBD allowed), but calalily wouldn't let it. <snip blah blah blah calalily has no life blah blah blah poor me blah blah blah compare calalily to paysite owner>

You're a true fuckwit Bella - every single time you're called on your shit you scream from the highest rooftops about your butthurt and how you are a victim. You suck, so:

While moar fight is part of the phorum's atmosphere, it doesn't really seem fair to jump on someone because they're not net literate. She fixed the images already... It's not cool to annoy your intarweb elders, but on the other hand I (kinda) get why Bella reacted like that.

So we should endeavour to be nice to those who hurt freesites, and kindly guide them through the phorum like little lambs? You are so in the wrong place for that shit.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2008 August 03, 06:50:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[So we should endeavour to be nice to those who hurt freesites, and kindly guide them through the phorum like little lambs? You are so in the wrong place for that shit.

Amen. Hotlinking has been debated in many places, until image hosting places florished. Now it's not even a big deal, just crete a sub folder, call it "Sims2 trash" and post.
Sure it's a little exra effort, but seriously...it adds quality to your post. IF you have something awesome to say, it strenghens in the few minutes you have preparing it. Quick ass hot linked posts are usually run off the mouth and not thought about throughly <-- perhaps a gross generalisation, but it has been known to happen.
It's important to think before you post. Especially in this place, where one must have thick-ass skin to survive.

Bad spelling FTW! Stupid boss computer...no Firefox...

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Silver Arrows
ARR!

Disillusioned miscreants FTW!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: 2008 August 03, 16:28:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a reason Kate doesn't just disable hotlinking?

Run into the setting sun — run and suffer. Just don't mess up your hair
Silver Arrows's P&L at me
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2008 August 03, 16:30:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a reason Kate doesn't just disable hotlinking?
Yeah I was wondering that too...
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: 2008 August 03, 16:46:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It depends on the server configuration I think - not completely sure - and what you have access to. 

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2008 August 03, 17:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Jojoba pulls an unimpressed face at Bella

Its a pity that moar fight suddenly appears in decent threads like this one.

Missbonbon, I didn't realise who Chaz's was meant to be..his 'talent' amazes me. The MTS2 one is so much better

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Topaz
ARR!

gorgeous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: 2008 August 03, 18:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Death to all paysites so they become freesites! *passes rum and cookies* Cheesy

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
ARR!

Sublime Mushroom Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: 2008 August 03, 20:56:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cannot understand why anyone would touch a Chaz or Jirka sim ever. They are always either: fugly, unrecognisable or both. Maybe if you were looking for uglacy candidates.

Pesky Pescado's in your garden? SublimeSims.net. Proud host to Illusions of Grandeur, Calalily Sims and Sims2Artists.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2008 August 03, 21:37:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Skadi can you just tell me who I need to pay to have that avatar hurled into space at the speed of light directly into a black hole.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Pirate Jenny
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2008 August 03, 21:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This thread's been good for my health as a pirate. I think paysites are shite, but I keep downloading the stuff (with a five finger discount) because I always thought that if you wanted the best you had to ... well, not PAY, but at least give them the benefit of knowing their stuff is worth nabbing. But when you see some of the more popular stuff side by side with free content it's obvious where the talent is.

It just makes the 'But I need the moneys for working sooo hard!' bullshit even harder to swallow. The people who make this stuff for free have more fun, and it shows when people enjoy what they do. I think paysite creators end up making stuff only grudgingly and with as little effort as they can, because they're not doing it for poops and giggles any more.

I'm not saying anything that hasn't been said. I just haven't had a good rummage for good comparison pics yet. I'll go away now. Um... yarr. Et cetera.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: