PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:23:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 110 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap  (Read 552720 times)
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
Re: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
« Reply #30 on: 2008 August 01, 14:26:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, Holysimoly IS a paysite; no way around. Just like Around the Sims 2. I'm glad Bluesoup days with the "special treatment" towards these 2 sites are over and way behind. I don't care if these site's owners are so nice and yadada, they're still paysites Angry

I saw a lot of Ikea stuff at MTS2 & TSR too, but that'ld make too many pics of comparison. I'll see if i retrieve the bookmarks.

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Millie
ARR!

Mean, callous, Harpy.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 August 01, 14:36:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also I think Peggy and Rose try to go for super realistic (but it turns out kinda plasticky for Rose) while I always go for semi realistic with everything.
Really? Peggy, realistic? With her pink-reds and huge neck/ear/forehead gaps? That's what I was thinking about the Asian hairstyle: it's pretty, but you know there's an ear gap and most likely a forehead gap at teen.

Nouk, I must confess I love Rose hair.....however, I recently discovered your stuff, and whilst the textures are semi realistic, the animation is just wonderful! Much more natural than Rose.

Edit, just read that back and it sounded all wrong.

Just to clarify, I love your hair!

I also love Roses hairstyles (but not particularly the textures or lack of movement, plus weird things happening because of this) I like the styles themselves.

Every time a woman masturbates, God creates a kitteh. Think of the Kittehs people!
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 August 01, 16:12:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even someone with talent like Windkeeper gets pwned by free creators:

Her infant diaper over ride:

VS

Bloom at Insim's free over ride:

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=65201

There are several versions and recolors galore.

Windkeeper's Unicorn

VS

Rebecah's free RIDABLE unicorn at Insim:

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=75454

Her version of the OMSP (One more slot)

VS Lord Darcy's excellent and all inclusive set

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=295062&c=1

She's probably best known for her build sets, which are well-made, but a quick glance at the featured Door and Window sets at MTS2 gives you multiple excellent FREE building sets like this one from Macarossi:

http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=162831

Or this one by stonetower at MTS2:

http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=388176

Even the best paysite creators can't outdo free creators.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 01, 17:13:21 by redisenchanted » Logged
spunkysim
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 August 01, 16:49:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is definitely the best thread evar.  Anyone who has any doubts about paysites needs to just look at this thread.  I hadn't seen Adele's stuff either, or that awesome dining room - now my download folder is getting bloated because I can't just go get that one thing but I have to see what else that creator has done!   Grin  Or rather, it will probably get evened out because I know that having that new stuff will make me delete more of the crap to make room for more goodness.

I can't play with any hairs but Nouk's anymore (and a very few others).  I realized yesterday when I booted up my game that I always play with the same stuff, over and over.  And what I paid particular attention to is that its all stuff from free sites, because that's what looks best in the game.  I want to spend a day (or probably three lol) deleting the shit stuff that I never use to make room in my game and most likely have it run better, too.  That is going to be a major project because I am not a creator so I don't know a short quick way to do it. 

Anyways, this thread is such a great eye-opener for anyone who might be might be on the fence still.  If you can't see it by looking at this, you're blind, stupid - or you don't want to see.

Edited to make better sense I hope.  (S)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2008 August 01, 17:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is going to be a major project because I am not a creator so I don't know a short quick way to do it. 

There's no quick or short way to do it. It is a pain in the arse for us all.  Grin

Lovely freesite download which roxxors my soxxors:

Because I know someone will ask, here it is

Sims2sisters fountain of fail with bonus water through "real" stone pigeon wing:

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2008 August 01, 17:55:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Poor birdie must be in pain.  Cry
That's an awful fountain...lmao!
First one is gorgeous, and thanks for adding the link, too, Cala! Kiss

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Millie
ARR!

Mean, callous, Harpy.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 August 01, 18:01:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We should have a list with all of the awesome free creators sites in it - free advertising for the sites, people on the fence have easy access to good free sites (I'd never heard of many until coming on here, and I'm still learning) and it just might draw more people away from the paysites!

I for one, would love to see sites recommended by pirates in the know.

Every time a woman masturbates, God creates a kitteh. Think of the Kittehs people!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2008 August 01, 18:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd show the picture, but the difference isn't as evident...Marvine's aquarium fish for placing in pools, oceans and in aquarium walls [Which I got free, but can't seem to find at the moment Sad The download, itself - I've got the aquarium fish in my downloads file.] - vs Windkeeper's still sculpture fish, which just sit there and don't move at all, available at TSR and in the booty.  I remember that was the first thing I downloaded from the Booty and imediately got rid of it with disapoointment.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 August 01, 18:04:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nouk, I must confess I love Rose hair.....however, I recently discovered your stuff, and whilst the textures are semi realistic, the animation is just wonderful! Much more natural than Rose.

Edit, just read that back and it sounded all wrong.

Just to clarify, I love your hair!

I also love Roses hairstyles (but not particularly the textures or lack of movement, plus weird things happening because of this) I like the styles themselves.

Why can you not like Rose hair? It's nice hair!

Inactive
Millie
ARR!

Mean, callous, Harpy.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 August 01, 18:08:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*whispers* because it's paysite, and it isn't that hot. It's very, um, static. I love the way your hairs are animated. As much as I love the styles of rose, it is very plastic looking.

In my defence, I draw the line at Peggy. I have subscribed there once, but was sorely disappointed once I got items in game, apart from a select few objects that I used to use.

It's time for my download folder to have a cull I fear.

redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 August 01, 18:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd show the picture, but the difference isn't as evident...Marvine's aquarium fish for placing in pools, oceans and in aquarium walls [Which I got free, but can't seem to find at the moment Sad The download, itself - I've got the aquarium fish in my downloads file.] - vs Windkeeper's still sculpture fish, which just sit there and don't move at all, available at TSR and in the booty.  I remember that was the first thing I downloaded from the Booty and imediately got rid of it with disapoointment.

Here's Marvine's aquarium set: http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=72928
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2008 August 01, 19:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay!  Thanks.  Its a very awesome set, and its much better done than my own neglected attempt at the same thing.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
spunkysim
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 August 01, 19:18:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now see, that fountain is full of win too - and I hadn't seen that site before either!  Thanks Cala!

We do need a list of "Fantastic Free Sites" or something... I said this thread is going to kill my downloads folder.  Especially since I have finally really started playing again with a specific "style" in mind so I have to go search for stuff.  Well I know that I will be doing a lot of weeding this weekend, along with watching this thread!   Wink

Edited to add - Cala, I should have said I don't know the BEST way to weed though my sims stuff, meaning delete from in game or what.  I don't have any "tools" to delete from outside of game and if it isn't named appropriately I don't know what it is from inside the download folders.  I do have most of my stuff in sub-folders, but some stuff is in "Misc" because I don't know what the heck it is from just the name of the package file!
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2008 August 01, 19:34:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of the time those sorts of lists just lead to no one clicking on it - and sims2cri and other places have them.  A lot of these places (particularly the ones I mention) are on my links page already - so it's redundancy for me.  Better to show off the content and have people clicking like crazy download whores to get it. Cheesy

If I find a good sim site, I put it in my links now I have joomla (regardless of whether they link to me or not), as I can update it anytime I want, and I have the advantage of finding new sites all the time because of foreign country sites linking to my site, I backtrack and find some cool little places.   

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Boredlittlefreak
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2008 August 01, 19:42:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You people are cruel and I love it. XD I wonder if you all would call some of these things beautiful if they were free... XD Though, I admit, Peggy's hairline's suck. O_O And I am NOT a critical person. But... The hairlines irritate my perfectionist viewpoint. So untidy.

Ahh, if only bodyshop and simPE worked on my computer. =_=

Oh, and, YAY to list of free sites.

[topic="off"] Hi, I'm new here. =P[/topic]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: