PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:17:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Sims 1 Booty
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims 1 Booty  (Read 23306 times)
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
Re: Sims 1 Booty
« Reply #15 on: 2008 July 28, 13:50:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*nostalgia* Wow i had so many CC in Sims 1, i'm a download whore Grin I even had rabbit CC invasion in a lot of lots lol I must have 2 printed totally full CDs with tested and organized stuff and i still have untested leftovers on my HDs Tongue

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
jmrcrp
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 July 28, 23:31:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Water balloons, now there's an idea!  We already have a hot tub in which one of our members is forever chasing down a chicken to throw on the barbie, so maybe she should just throw a few water balloons at it...

I think I'll stock up a few to throw at nasty paysite owners or weasels from forums that hate "sharing"!
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 July 29, 01:05:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got up to a gig of Sims 1 files, which was phenomonal considering how small they were..

Miss Sims 1, can't run it properly on this pc..

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 July 29, 02:14:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does it take to get Sims 1 to run on Vista?
How about on Ubuntu?
Sims 1 was uglier than Sims 2, but was still great fun to play and much more customizable.

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
jmrcrp
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 July 29, 03:10:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We have some members who are running Sims 1 on Vista with no trouble.  But apparently some of the other related programs don't work so well...

I wouldn't touch Vista with a 10-foot pole, so I can't speak from personal experience.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 July 29, 05:45:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also got the original file maid, the helper and the file cop. All of them are handy as hell to use. Wish we had a version of file cop for Sims 2... It would blow up on the TSR shit, though... 

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
BoogerNabbingCrust
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 July 29, 08:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I so agree, i like the file maid. Wasn't there a face studio and file cop as well? I liked their eclusive content for the game as well......*misses playing, may install them, i so miss the newby family LOL*
jmrcrp
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 July 29, 17:41:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, there are a LOT of programs still out there for Sims 1.  File Cop, the Maid, the SimEnhancer programs (which I couldn't live without), the many programs from Blueprint, etc.  The old standbys are still the best.  The ones from Maxis - they suck as much as they ever did.  Like the Sims creator (which lets you create new heads - when it doesn't crash).

Speaking of TSR, we have a "special situation" there.  In general, we don't have any files that are free and easily available on the web.  But TSR is the exception.  They have gobbled up so many old Sims 1 sites, and we know they are doing "something" to their files - it appears there are trackers, just as with their Sims 2 files.  When you download a file from TSR and look at the .iff files inside the .zips, lo and behold the .iffs are dated with the exact time and date you downloaded.  When you are getting a file that you know was created in 2002 but the file date is 7-27-08, you know there is something fishy going on.  Fortunately many of our members are contributing original files, so we don't have to mess with TSR-mutants.  Why the hell they bother doing it with files that they are giving away for free, I have no idea.  Just another example of their fantasy omnipotence, I guess.

Most of us seem to spend more time organizing and collecting files than we do actually playing.  Is that also true with Sims 2, or do you folks find more time to play the game?

Maybe the difference is that you don't feel the panicked need to grab whatever you can while it is still available...
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 July 29, 20:43:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that quite a few people in the sims 2 community do spend the majority of their time downloading, organizing, and editing their downloads, as well as going to forums to talk about the game rather than actually spend a whole lot of time playing it.

Weird, isn't it?

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
Pooki
ARR!

Still Alive!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 July 29, 22:34:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will sometimes go a couple of weeks or more without playing and then I will get that urge and start to play for days and not be online much at all.  One of those urges are starting to nag at me this week too.   Grin  Of course it could have something to do with a downloading spree I went on today...

Snarky's mine despite obvious complications.
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2008 July 30, 02:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too, i'll spend weeks without playing, only downloading, SimPEditing, classifying, choosing what i'll add to my game. Talk about it, ask for mods or whatnot. Then i'll play for several successive days. Rince and repeat. Exactly like pooki. But it's parlty because 1) i'm a download whore 2) the game has now become sometimes a bit boring, so when i play i tend to only build or set up things and shops 3) I'm waiting for the Apartments EP, i awaited that for years! wantwantwantwant Tongue

"Maybe the difference is that you don't feel the panicked need to grab whatever you can while it is still available..." Yup: as a download whore i download everything i like during downloading spree but when it passes... I don't have the urge to grab stuff, i'll just bookmark it for the next download spree Tongue There where only 2 particular things i hunted down like craze and finally got them, so all is fine Grin

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2008 July 30, 06:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I download, go to forums and make stuff - mainly because I can have it in lots of windows, all while doing something else.  I can also get up and walk away for a while without pausing and saving.  So I don't play nearly as much as I involve myself with the sims in other ways.

I do still download something I want when I first see it - too many drama llamas who pull it, people who can't pay for hosting, or just plain old forget.  If I like it, I download it before it's gone.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2008 July 30, 16:00:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't really gotten bored with playing, but that's because I rarely play either.  For me, its always been about building and decorating, then going 'Dang, I need a -this-, go look for it, don't find it, mesh it, finished decorating, make sure everything is workable for the poor limited sims [ Did you know there is no way sims could use the bathrooms in my house, or really in most house plans ], then rinse repeat.

I do play for a bit with new expansions to see what they have new.  However, I expect Apartments, like Freetime, will hold my interest for a bit.  Hobbies and witches are what had me reinstall sims1

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 July 31, 06:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've rediscovered my game... The new computer shows everything I've been missing all these years of playing it. Also, we got a new graphics card for my game computer and it's the same as the other; I can actually see the FISH in the ponds! Whoa! And all of those gorgeous textures and patterns and and and! Go ahead and laugh at me, everyone else is! Including me... I just never knew what I was missing until I got that new card and the new computer... Look out, intarwebz, gonna burn you up downloading good stuffz fer mah game!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
silver
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 July 31, 07:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. No laughter here.

When my video card gave up the ghost, we decided to use a GE Force 9000-series card instead of the 6000 one we had in there. Now, the 6000-series one was good. But with the 9000-series, I noticed more detailed texturing on clothing, a marked difference in lighting, etc. It was ... fascinating! Good luck with the new card!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: