PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:16:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Well Isnt that a Bitch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Well Isnt that a Bitch  (Read 19435 times)
mando
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Well Isnt that a Bitch
« Reply #45 on: 2008 August 21, 00:19:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agree, BTW I was speaking in law terms, not in specific owner terms Pescado may have set.

Internetz law? Undecided

I don't think there's any legal precedent set for ages on forums, but if you can find one for me (and one that applies worldwide) I'll be happy to take it back. Wink
Nightmare
ARR!

Grammar this moron: Besame el culo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2008 August 21, 21:04:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agree, BTW I was speaking in law terms, not in specific owner terms Pescado may have set.

Internetz law? Undecided

I don't think there's any legal precedent set for ages on forums, but if you can find one for me (and one that applies worldwide) I'll be happy to take it back. Wink

US and EU laws, donīt remember where. 13+ see EA UK forums and see lot of minors banned. (they need BOTH parents signed auth)

Some other countries allow 12 some other are more stricter, 16-18

That is the minimum, you must adjust your forum req to the content, mild swearing will increase the age req almost always

Die! Securom! Die!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 August 22, 01:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why we're 18+, because when someone fucks with us, we kick their fucking asses.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 August 22, 02:06:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

US and EU laws, donīt remember where. 13+ see EA UK forums and see lot of minors banned. (they need BOTH parents signed auth)

Some other countries allow 12 some other are more stricter, 16-18

That is the minimum, you must adjust your forum req to the content, mild swearing will increase the age req almost always

Well, that's an age requirement set up by a private company/corporation, so it doesn't actually count as a law (by law, I meant specifically something set up by a government to control who may post on and join forums). Rules like that are more likely set up not because there are specific laws for age requirements, but more because the company/companies/forum owners worry that they will be held accountable/responsible for members that get in trouble (e.g. a child who gives out their home address and phone number on a forum to a pedophile, taking flack from parents/consumers about "inappropriate" content, etc.) or contravene other (actual) laws while on the site. There may be rules in some countries (although I don't know any, but I'm not an expert on all countries attempts to control the internet) that have strict guidelines on what their citizens may legally do on forums, but it certainly wouldn't apply worldwide.

(Plus, as Pescado says, 12s are annoying as hell  Wink)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 August 22, 09:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Firstly, there's no 13. There is only 12. Secondly, that's an American law, which does not apply to us here in Malaysia. Thirdly, it is irrelevant, because THIS site requires 18+ because I HATE KIDS. Period.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2008 August 22, 10:42:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I HATE KIDS.

The FAQ says not to yell. *ducks*

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2008 August 23, 01:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He was born wrinkly with a long white beard and a weapon in one hand, so he's jealous of those that weren't.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: