PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 06:40:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  I used to think SimFreaks wasn't that bad.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I used to think SimFreaks wasn't that bad.  (Read 15251 times)
MagentaGirl
Landlubber

View Profile
I used to think SimFreaks wasn't that bad.
« on: 2008 July 16, 21:11:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never had a subscription to actually download from there, mind you. But they didn't seem like TOTALLY ridiculous people. Now they're taking greedy to a whole new level!

URL for particularly interested peoples:
http://forum.simfreaks.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=5894&view=findpost&p=54439

Basically, they think that when EA releases Sims 3, they should release a creating tool that they will charge an arm and a leg for, and sell "licenses" to creators to entitle them to sell their creations. "To stop thievery". Puhlease.  Roll Eyes
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
Re: I used to think SimFreaks wasn't that bad.
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 16, 22:04:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimFreaks is a shitty paysite. Their shit is so fugly.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 16, 22:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh.

That would require them to first of all create an agreement with EA,and I've never heard SimFreaks having that type of connections. And also would mean that no one does a creating tool for free...or that the SimFreaks one would be better at least. I dont know much about SimFreaks, but have never heard of them having great tutorials or knowledge, so how they will create some master of a creating tool I am very curious.. Roll Eyes

Conclusion - meh.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 16, 23:21:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Peasant
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 16, 23:50:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you might be reading it wrong...or I am.  I think they are talking about EA selling a creator and charging people licensing fees to create stuff, like the Spore creator. 
Tetsuo
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 17, 00:02:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes Piratessa, Heather, Simfreaks webmaster-"creator", usued to brag about her special relationship with Maxis, back to Sims 1.

But now The Sims 2 its EA game.

Anyways, Heather was always so full of s.... Undecided
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 17, 00:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regardless, here's hoping the Sims3 license remains just an unfounded rumor.
Rumor? This hasn't even reached the status of RUMOR yet. It is firmly within the realm of "wishful thinking" and lacks even as much substance as a rumor. A rumor is a piece of speculation on something that MIGHT be true, possibly backed by some amount of coincidental evidence. On the continuum of speculation, this isn't even ON the continuum of speculation.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 July 17, 02:00:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya exactly. A more plausible situation would be EA licensing a creator for a small monthly fee and a cut of the action. Then obliging them to submit all creations to EA Quality Control for final inspection. After that all package files would contain a small tracking device so once installed, the package file would have to phone home for permission to to appear in the game. Any CC not activated from central command would just flash blue, even in catalogue view. Once the Death Star has confirmed the CC's identity and location it then becomes playable for up to 3 changes of decor before it self destructs killing all sims on the lot.

See now that's how you start a rumour.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 July 17, 02:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*roflmao* kenmtl, I loved that!! beautiful work!!

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Pooki
ARR!

Still Alive!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 July 17, 02:26:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was brilliant kenmtl absolutely brilliant!  LOL!

Snarky's mine despite obvious complications.
Panthpirate
ARR!

hai i can has intrawebz lawyer nao kthxbai

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 July 17, 02:43:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

kenmtl, that was awesome.

As for SimFreaks, unfortunately I used to be a stupid ass as well, back in the Ts1 days, when they were the only people with decent winterwear and glamour clothes etc. Their Ts2 website is like a large sewage dump with a couple of leftover textures and crappy 12-style Ts2 exchange houses. Pay? I'd rather vomit all over my keyboard.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 July 17, 05:39:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah wishful thinking that is.  You buy your license to create things when you buy the game.  That's why they include the licensing rules in there - you have to agree to your software license to create things.

As for a license that gives you copyrights - *insert hollow laughing here* - EA is *not* going to give away or even sell what it rightfully owns.  If they did that, then all those people who pre-empt and outdo their expansion packs have the ability to make money that EA would rightfully see as "theirs".  And EA wouldn't be able to do a damn thing to stop them.  So if someone decided to release something called "Apartments" and charge money for it, even if it's based on EA's screenshots, then EA couldn't sue them as they've sold the rights.  Unofficial stuff packs would crop up in stores, and that's certainly no good when EA wants to sell them, and say hello to EA stuff packs reproduced for cheaper, and sold in shops legitimately.

If another company starts selling "The Simmies" well - all they have to do is buy a $50 license, they can release what they want using EA's game engine, and EA has demonstrated that they can do so.

Not to mention, if they try to sue any other company for copyright infringement, it would mean that their own claim to IP is weakened because they've shown a propensity to not have any restrictions.  Judges take into consideration how much of a hold companies keep on their stuff - and no company wants to show they have a cavalier attitude to stuff they own.

I am intrigued by kenmtl's dEAthstar though, and would to subscribe to his magazine.  Cheesy

Yes Piratessa, Heather, Simfreaks webmaster-"creator", usued to brag about her special relationship with Maxis, back to Sims 1.

If she had *anything* in a special relationship, Pescado would have a cease and desist letter from EA on behalf of SimFreaks. Full of shit indeed.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

still the same simian of plunder

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 July 17, 05:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simfreaks is as 'special' as THIS is serious

Cheesy    Grin     Cheesy
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 July 17, 06:06:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She had to settle for some bogus sounding thing called Worldsims for representation:  http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/legal/simfreaks.txt

Oh noes, they are sharing our flaming orange terlets for free!  Sic something on them! 

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

still the same simian of plunder

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 July 17, 06:18:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She had to settle for some bogus sounding thing called Worldsims for representation:  http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/legal/simfreaks.txt

Cheesy   ahahahahahaha!!!!!!

that Worldsims fuckwad is ManagerJosh

back when he started that Worldsims site he stole content from other sites just to populate his own site; when he had some stuff made by elphntschld on his site and claimed to be made someone else that shithole refused to do anything about it!  then he siad he would get a '3rd party investigation' to look into the "claims"......what a tool   Roll Eyes 

and his site had spyware and he said it didnt until it was proved he did...

ManagerJosh tries to make his 2-bit piece of crap site into some grand site, which it isnt and never will be

examples of the slimy ManagerJosh in action....

the fun begins:
http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?t=126342

http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?t=128144

but wait, there's more slimy goodness:

http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?t=198280

http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?t=123012

http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?t=164031

Angry
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: