PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:26:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
0 Members and 14 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 408 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.  (Read 1609055 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Re: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
« Reply #5880 on: 2010 January 29, 17:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You obviously had the same designer draw up the plans for said chairs. You, however, were a touch more original in your source of materials to build it from.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: 2010 January 29, 19:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ceramic Dog, there is also another one that faces in the opposite direction.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5882 on: 2010 January 29, 21:12:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was going to disagree with you Moune and say that you CAN get that bad in just one go. Then I thought about it and realized that the girl who gave me the worst haircut even had been cutting hair for at least a year. She cut her own finger, dropped the scissors at least 5 times (while cutting), misplaced them twice, couldn't find the clip she left IN my hair...cut one side longer and wouldn't fix it even after I PROVED that one side was longer. So yeah, it takes practice.

Oh man, mustluvcatz, that account has literally terrified me. I suffer from acute new-hairdresser-phobia and next week I have an appointment with a hairdresser that I have never been to before. Please, please, please. I don't want to go through something like that!

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: 2010 January 29, 21:56:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Stella McCartney is anything like her father, she'd rip that person a new asshole for daring to use her name on something as fucking ugly as that thing.

emimori
Landlubber

The gnomes are taking over!

View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: 2010 January 29, 22:31:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yet another peggy atrocity. Not sure why anyone would want their hair to tangle and overlap like that at the end.

Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: 2010 January 30, 02:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heehee, sorry Moune!! You should be alright- in all of my 43 years that girl was the only one I ever ran into that was like that. Smiley

About the Peggy atrocity- ummm..my hair kind of tangles and overlaps at the ends like that? It's very long, and a combo of wavy/curly. So the ends tend to do the tango tangle.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5886 on: 2010 January 30, 05:20:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My hair tangles worse than that, being curly - and that particular style was quite popular about 10 years ago [though in the middle of the head, not to the side] and quite comfy [a ponytail without a hairband, if done right - pure bliss]

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Austere
Sexist Creep
ARR!

No one is ugly except those who call people ugly.

View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: 2010 January 30, 06:52:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a dog? Looks more like someone let their five year old decorate again.

What is the appeal of wrinkly, photoskinned clothing? These men look like they'd rather not be here.

EDIT:

Latest Peggy fail. Seriously, does she LOOK at actual hairstyles and not just the Book of How Many Loopies Your Hair Can Have?

« Last Edit: 2010 February 04, 05:53:32 by Austere » Logged

That's not funny, you nimrods. Now get that crap out of my member title.
bohemianalyse
Landlubber

Bohemian Hedonist

View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: 2010 February 04, 22:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a feeling that Peggy plays "eeny, meeny, miny, moe" on normal hairstyles and slaps on a bunch of loops and curls to whatever section of hair wins.  Not to mention the fact that the hair clip is completely ridiculous, I've never seen a clip worn like that everRoll Eyes

The Sims 2 > the Sims 3.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: 2010 February 05, 18:05:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think most of Peggy's hairstyles are based on Asian artworks, and as such, tend to be wildly unrealistic and fanciful. I have also noticed that for reasons not immediately clear to me, they also frequently depict non-Asians. Which is quite odd. You'd think their artwork would depict people like themselves.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: 2010 February 05, 18:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's their way of trying to appeal to non-Asians and get money from them.

Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5891 on: 2010 February 05, 23:13:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you're right.

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
catsahoy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: 2010 February 06, 05:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I disagree on the asian bit.

You wouldn't catch me dead with a hairstyle like hers and I don't think I've seen any of my grandma's or mother's watercolors of asian people have any hairstyles similar to that.

If it's inspired by modern styles such as these
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_30PRmkOl4ro/ScJko-1EqpI/AAAAAAAALlg/CDzEQ_vDVlE/s400/japan1.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_30PRmkOl4ro/ScJkpBWVwrI/AAAAAAAALlo/6FXp0Bqiklg/s400/japan2.jpg

then she needs to learn from the source and not invent shit up that looks nothing like it.

People like Seomi or simscribbling have that asian hairstyle down .  That and they're free and awesome.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 06, 06:58:45 by catsahoy » Logged
Scylla
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: 2010 February 06, 10:01:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sort of hairstyle is (as are most of Peggy's most outlandish hair styles) the type you'd see at hair style shows or in high fashion shows. They aren't meant to be worn everyday, they are meant specifically for shows.

I remember back in the early 90s my Aunt (a cosmetologist) had a crazy book of styles. One of the styles featured a hair style that looked like a basket. The mouth of the basket was hair ends wrapped around a wire and pulled straight up and must have had glue sprayed in it to keep it up. I'm sure it was some sort of hair piece. It was truly ridiculous and fascinating. Much like most of Peggy's hair styles.

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Peggy was gaining inspiration from the silliness in exotic hairstyle books and websites and thinking people actually go out in public in those in USistan.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: 2010 February 06, 10:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You wouldn't catch me dead with a hairstyle like hers and I don't think I've seen any of my grandma's or mother's watercolors of asian people have any hairstyles similar to that.
It's not inspired by any REAL source. It's inspired by those cartoons, the ones with the schoolgirls vs. the squids.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 408 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: