PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:59:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
0 Members and 8 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 408 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.  (Read 1608989 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Re: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
« Reply #5460 on: 2009 October 22, 18:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jesus Christ, the paid people at TSR are getting paid by selling shit for a game that they don't hold the copyright/license for. They use ad monies and subscription monies to pay the people that crank this shit out, when it's supposed to be an enjoyable hobby. The folks at MTS use the monies for server costs and shit, or hadn't that thought occurred to you? No one at MTS is making a dime, Delphy is NOT a businessman that is using a hobby on the side to cash in on and the stuff he hosts is quality over quantity.

TSR, on the other hand, is owned by a parent corporation, they pay people to crank out stuff for the game, they charge for access to some of said content and unlike most businesses, they give no promise that their shit works or won't fuck over your computer. Huge difference. When you take money for something, in other words sell it, that implies an obligation towards customer satisfaction. They fail to uphold that. They've broken many good business practices as well as probably a good amount of laws, the first one being copyright, where it's stated that no one can make money selling shit for the game. Only the company has the right to do that. Being a lawyer, I'd think you'd notice that and call attention to that.

ETA: Triple posting is bad, m'kay? That is what the little button marked "edit" is for.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Miikan
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: 2009 October 22, 18:55:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden, thank you, you wrote exactly what I had in mind writing my reply and wasn't able to find proper words in language that is foreign for me.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: 2009 October 22, 18:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problem at all, hon. Even being a native speaker of the language, even I have trouble finding the right words at times and wrestling them into the form I want. Lately, though, I've noticed that the rage in the belly is starting to percolate again which is loosening things up in the old noggin when it comes to posting.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: 2009 October 22, 19:08:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Paden and everyone else:

Here's how you can avoid arguing about Evi and any tendencies she may or may not have...say "In my opinion..." before you mention pedophile. Why? Because here in the US, I could walk up to a cop and say "In my opinion, you're an asshole" and not get into a speck of trouble about it. Why? Because I'd be stating my opinion. Which in the US is not punishable by law in any way.  Wink
Miikan
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: 2009 October 22, 19:14:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problem at all, hon. Even being a native speaker of the language, even I have trouble finding the right words at times and wrestling them into the form I want. Lately, though, I've noticed that the rage in the belly is starting to percolate again which is loosening things up in the old noggin when it comes to posting.

I have sometimes problems with my language too.
I feel better now Cheesy
Here's a very special rum for you *passes a bottle*

Mustluvcats: I agree, that's the best way to tell anything to anyone, in my country too.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5465 on: 2009 October 22, 19:16:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to mention - 90% of what TSR " Sells" via subscription (FA Content) is low quality add-ons and recolors- based on EA's build, buy and bodyshop meshes, or walls and floors. EA's EULA states you cannot use their software and tools (Bodyshop, Homecrafter) and then proceed to sell said creations for profit (non-commercial purposes only)- This means content that must be exported via Bodyshop in order to create new genetics and clothing, EA's object meshes, CAST recolors, or anything like lots or sims that must be installed with the Sims 2 or 3 Launchers should not be sold  by third parties without EA's explicit written license to do so according to the contract that people  agree to by purchasing the game. (and there is not one paysite not even EA's ickle buddies TSR that can prove that they had said written legally binding contract to sell works made with EA's tools and software- or items based on EA's meshes)

Some Sparkling Examples of this phenomena on paysites include Evi, Studio K, Chaz, Jirka, Mutske, Spaik, MsBarrows, Shakeshaft the proven thief (not libel as the UVMaps have been compared by experienced creators and modders in the free community) , Simaddict99, Lisa86, Bunny, NeptuneSuzy (known for recoloring EA hair and then selling it),Beosboxboy, Blackgarden,AnoeskaB, Katelys, Sims2Sisters, the other Sunair,Simal10 Cyclonsue, Hatshepsut, Ecstatica (lot builders has to be installed via launcher)- all FA's all paid by TSR to create new content not to recolor or add on to Maxis Meshes.

The people at MTS don't make money off of EA's Content- we don't really give 2 shits if they are making money off of selling Nintendo Wii Games,  and we are not talking about the people who create for free at TSR e.g. SA's and Creative Contributors like PhoenixPhaerie is, or like myself and others on this site used to be. That is only a stupid mistake and an unwise decision - not the violation of a legally binding copyright - as the FA's at TSR and any other paysites are doing.

MTS also does not condone illegal actions committed by community members like stealing someone else's shiny things or using them without  permission from the person who made it originally, or sharing people's personal info with others that have no right to it, sending threatening emails, harassing free creators and community members, and hacking website. All of which are actions that have been condoned by or explicitly encouraged by paysites and pay creators like Rose, Peggy and TSR. And respected members of the free community have been gathering evidence on these actions for years.  Having been a TSR member and creative contributor I can tell you that Coconut and Pescado and every other critic of the actions of TSR- TSR's FA's, or Paysites in General (which are pretty much a dying breed- most of the sites in the Booty have either died. done free like 37 Sims or Savage Sims, or done inactive) are not talking out their collective ass. And I wasn't an FA or SA and thus didn't see half of the illegal, immoral, unethical backstabbing bullshit that occurred on that site cause I didn't have speshul sekrit access to the hidden areas in the forum.
 So don't tell me that MTS and TSR are the same- they are nothing alike. Maybe you should read the FAQ - The Mission Statement- EA'S EULA and Lurk MOar and maybe you will understand why- people in the large portion of the free community feel about paysites.

« Last Edit: 2009 October 22, 20:15:34 by dstar » Logged

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: 2009 October 22, 19:28:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding free anonymous speech in the US.

Regarding the crap TSR gets up to.

Regarding EA Eulae.

Regarding lolcats.

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
redraw
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: 2009 October 22, 19:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*bows his head to mustluvcats* The thing I posted on Evi was more of a I'll show, you decide kind of thing.  It is in my honest opinion that there could be something impure about Evi.

Nuke paysites from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
qwebnm
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: 2009 October 22, 21:23:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not about the EULA more than selling their spyware trash online. DAMN kids...
Elizadeath
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: 2009 October 22, 21:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of the people contributing to both TSR and MTS do not see a dime for their contributions.  So why mock any of them?  Just because you don't think you should have to pay for content really does not justify trashing people who contibute to any of these sites.

While 'no statue has ever been put up to a critic,' ... anyone can profit from 'negative feedback', free or pay. Paysites just deserve more of it because they happen to be charging for the crap they make, and any product is subject to such a 'review'. We can't be all nice to every single person who tries to make content. Quite a lot of it will suck. TSR (or other workshop based items) suck more as a general rule because the program attracts anyone who wants to make something 'easily', and so, you get more amateurish non-recolorable crap than with the more complicated (but better) free tools that seem to scare most people who want to make things away. There's a lot of free sites I won't get content from because they use the workshop.

And if everyone was told their stuff was wonderful when it was shit, we'd have nothing to work with but shit, and no one would be happy even if they tried to be nice to the creator who sucks.
qwebnm
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: 2009 October 22, 22:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if everyone was told their stuff was wonderful when it was shit, we'd have nothing to work with but shit, and no one would be happy even if they tried to be nice to the creator who sucks.

Yet still the suckers pay for it. WHY? Cause they're suckers y'all!
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5471 on: 2009 October 23, 01:26:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not about the EULA more than selling their spyware trash online. DAMN kids...

Actually - this is PMBD - the reason we are called Paysites Must Be Destroyed is primarily because of the repeated violations of EA's EULA by paysites. Yes TSR does horrible things to the community, yes they allow content theft of free creators work to go unpunished, yes they share people's personal information, and although there is not proof positive- e.g. a TSR Exec or FA's name on a credit card receipt for a IP proxy company they are heavily implicated in site hackings, and internet harassment and threatening emails- as are in fact, Peggy and Rose, and yes TSR may have viruses embedded in their ads and keyloggers in TS3W- but, the primary reason we are against paysites is because of the EULA- everything else is merely added ammunition that can be used to get rid of leeches like TSR.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: 2009 October 23, 01:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's see.

TSR puts spyware that will crash your game under the right circumstances in it's crappy downloads.
       MTS doesn't.
TSR will "cancel" your subscription, keep your money, and refuse to explain why.
       MTS doesn't.
TSR's ads often include malware and they ignore or blow off complaints about it.
       MTS' ads don't
TSR related ISP have been traced to several incidents of hacking of anti-paysite people
        MTS doesn't do that because their income is not dependant on MTS.
TSR has shared personal information about its subscibers, including Paypal info, on a "secret" internal BBS.
        MTS hasn't.
TSR FAs have blatantly stolen meshes and textures from other users and have refused to acknowlege that it ever happened.
         MTS has.
Thoma$$ at TSR has bought a second vacation house from the income generated by selling content made by other people based on game content owned by another company entirely.
         Delphy doesn't.

Obviously there is no difference, between the two.

And I know nothing from Anime' but that Sim sucks rocks.

Now I realize that there's probably somebody at TSR who's got their hand up tjstreak's ass and is making it's lips move, but I thought it should be said.

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
ScooterBabe
ARR!

Take that, Jack Sparrow!

View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: 2009 October 23, 02:30:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nicely put, Scurvy Cat.

Who at MTS stole a mesh? Just curious as I don't remember reading anything about that (might've been before my time here or on Sims 2 sites).

Empress Paden's reaction to T$R: "I'll use my free will to spit in their eye and tell them to go take a flying fornication at a rapidly turning breakfast pastry before ever they see a dime outta me."
Treasonous Republic
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5474 on: 2009 October 23, 03:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Libel is a tort, or civil wrong, not a criminal offense.  Undecided

Wrong!  If you check the criminal codes in most states, you will find that there is a crime of Criminal Libel, and it, typically is a Felony.

And, yes, I am a lawyer.
Well, I'm glad you're on our side. :|

I'm not going to lie. I'm a lot better at berating ugly Sims items than arguing a legal definition I'm no expert in. That being said...

There seems to be a sudden influx of lingerie that reminds me of the circus.
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 408 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: