PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:10:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
0 Members and 10 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 408 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.  (Read 1609572 times)
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
« Reply #5400 on: 2009 October 16, 22:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This one was easy. It was even it the comments.

Marimekko

Now in fairness the creator did say that they found it on the internet. To be clear I have no problem mocking this up and passing it around for free. The problem is that they're selling it, it's from a very well know design company AND the creator admits to just tracing it. So we're supposed to respect their TOU's because ... ?
« Last Edit: 2009 October 16, 22:41:52 by kenmtl » Logged

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5401 on: 2009 October 16, 22:48:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That girl's logic with Sandy being French so that means she doesn't understand English is just wow. Sandy does say on her site for certain things she doesn't know the English translation, but she can very well speak English.

I wonder if anyone has said anything back to her about that.

If by "her" you mean Sandy@ATS, then yes I did contact her but hadn't heard anything back. But if by "her" you mean pink-hair girl from TSR, then no (since the rulz state that it would be unfair of me to pick on someone who doesn't speak English... or at least has a great deal of trouble with English).

I was talking about pink-hair girl from TSR. I was wondering if anyone had said something back to her about the fact just because Sandy is French doesn't mean she can't speak English.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
redraw
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5402 on: 2009 October 17, 02:21:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can see how it can be a trace job, even without the comments Kenmtl.

Nice of the pink haired one to make an ass out of herself.  Some people pick up on another language if they need or want to.  I wanted to learn Japanese at one point due to my love for music games.

Nuke paysites from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #5403 on: 2009 October 17, 03:10:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So we're supposed to respect their TOU's because ... ?

Because they are a T$R Artiste, of course!  And T$R is all about respecting others' TOU's.  We should reciprocate.

Treasonous Republic
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5404 on: 2009 October 17, 03:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Y'know I was never interested in Twilight, but it didn't really bother me until someone explained that the reason the Twilight vampires don't go out in daylight isn't because they take damage from it.  It's because they twinkle.

The concept of twinkling vampires is almost as funny as a vat of boiling sharks.
Strangely enough, that's exactly what happened to me.

There's a lot of whining and butthurt, but from the jist of it, the French chick is accusing AAS from stealing from her, I think. Something about how she took it from a photo that she took in a village in France. Broken English is not the friend of my comprehensions. This was posted:

Maybe someone else can glean information from this grammatical trainwreck:
http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3-materials-metals/title/FreeFantastik8/id/919720/
redraw
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: 2009 October 17, 03:41:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was the pink haired one that was accusing AAS.

I google translated the french part and this is what I got:

I'm really sorry, I hardly understand, but I want to promise you the link to the texture (I hope to return tonight). Of course we are more able to create the same texture, since generally, when we did not create ourselves, we take them on the internet.

She's pretty much saying that you can take anything off the internets and use it as your own.

Also, the pattern and the pic provided hardly look the same.

Nuke paysites from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
MamaKitty
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5406 on: 2009 October 17, 04:44:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I don't think saying, "Oh, its from a picture I took at some village." coupled with that image is really good proof.  She could very easily found the larger image online and made a copy just to put it up as proof that she took the photo herself.  If she wants to go that route, then

1- Where are other pictures she took on the trip?
or
2-Where is the rest of the photo?  Or at least the screw-up shots she took to get the perfect picture.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5407 on: 2009 October 17, 13:22:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually the creator is not accusing anyone of anything. She's simply stating that she found the texture image on a site somewhere and that Sandy just happened to find the same one. It is possible. Anyway, if there's a problem, it's between Sandy and the TSR person. Teh pink girl was just funny because she was playing superhero and not doing a very good job at it.

The rest is about how she found one of her patterns on another site. That's the village photo she's talking about. Nothing to do with the rust one. Then she says that's how it works on the net, once you put something up it's there for anyone to find and use. She's just trying to illustrate how these things can happen.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Austere
Sexist Creep
ARR!

No one is ugly except those who call people ugly.

View Profile
« Reply #5408 on: 2009 October 17, 19:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remember those games in kid's magazines where you have to point out what's wrong in the picture? How many things can we find here?

A. Headband. WTF.
B. You can tell the thing isn't animated right.
C. Look at the only comment: http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims2-sets-hair/title/fhair230909%20-%20Hairband/id/918935/

That's not funny, you nimrods. Now get that crap out of my member title.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5409 on: 2009 October 17, 20:00:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't bet on it lasting 5 seconds after a moderator or the creator gets to it but it is nice to see the sheep becoming more critical of TSR and their supposed creators- I haven't even seen anything that bad uploaded anywhere else - pay or free.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
MrsBulldog
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5410 on: 2009 October 18, 00:46:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's good to know there's a consensus among subscribers at TSR; it's been downloaded 0 times and has 0 thanks... And I love the comment.

...I'm compelled to thank her but not download it (it has, after all, provided me with seconds of derisive entertainment for free!). I wonder how many thanks it could conceivably get without being downloaded once... Heheh.

One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach, all the damn vampires.
qwebnm
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5411 on: 2009 October 18, 13:04:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That wasn't too bad compared with THE cat-man mutant. I can live with that, for free of course...
tsr_thesuckers
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5412 on: 2009 October 18, 16:05:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bring on da crap.

Featured creation.

Don't know what's worse the tranny models or the supposedly leather clothing... thing.. Called leather queen. /put your pun here (it's to easy)/
And again by our lovely and really talented katelys.

This one is actually pay. Think it must be excrutiating to put on. And what's with those black lines? (Think that's inspired by tomass vagina. a black whole covered with cheap plastic sequin that attract simmers with it's mystical sparcle!)

Hotpant... Really?

Another T$R fug hair. Needs no introduction.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 18, 16:13:16 by tsr_thesuckers » Logged
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #5413 on: 2009 October 18, 20:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The headband fug hair is by an FA, and the original comment has been deleted.  There is a new one up though, and it's none too complementary.  I do earnestly hope it's from a subscriber and that they are wising up.

Austere
Sexist Creep
ARR!

No one is ugly except those who call people ugly.

View Profile
« Reply #5414 on: 2009 October 18, 21:08:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see little change in that hair to make it deserve to be paid for. Secondly, if you're going to use big words like 'luscious', please use spellcheck.

That's not funny, you nimrods. Now get that crap out of my member title.
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 408 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: