PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:03:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
0 Members and 9 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 408 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.  (Read 1609163 times)
redraw
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Your Ugliest Paysite Creation Find: Round Two.
« Reply #5220 on: 2009 September 29, 11:36:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yie to emethyst.  Fug face with low res clothing

Nuke paysites from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
HighRes
Landlubber

Stupid anime-Sims-Futurama loving Geek

View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: 2009 September 29, 15:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the hell!
Look, Twlight is good and all but DUDE! She looks like she's been hit by train! Sombody could do that better drunk.

Leave me alone! Go bug a paysite!
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: 2009 September 29, 22:09:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She converted to Christianity and in those days, you can pretty much bet that it was only done in order to save her own life.

Not actually. American Indians in what is now the U.S. weren't in danger of being killed if they refused to convert, nor were they safe from being killed if they did convert. The English just wanted their land, unlike in Canada where the French wanted their trade, or in South America and Mexico where the Spanish wanted their labor and their souls, and where they would be in danger of being killed if they didn't convert. In those days, Europeans didn't have much of a foothold in North America though. Something to note: there are more people of Native American descent living in Canada now than there were when Europeans got here and there are probably more people of Native American descent living in South America and Mexico than when Europeans got here. The U.S. is the only nation in the continental Americas that nearly destroyed its native population.

Pocahontas most likely married John Rolfe as a diplomatic alliance between the English and her people (though Rolfe seems to have really loved her), and she would be expected to adapt to many of her new peoples' ways then, which included Christianity. That doesn't mean she saw Christianity the way the English ministers would have wanted her to. By the way, she already had a husband when she married Rolfe.

Also, I never saw the Disney movie, but did they put her and Rolfe/Smith, (*gag*) with THE PILGRIMS?! Oh dear god. Just -- who wrote this, I want them dead. It's bad enough that they believed Smith's lies about her in the first place. She was eleven when they met, she did not love him, and it's quite likely that her father's execution-just kidding with Smith was done to show the chief's power to take life and to generously give it.

I don't care much about Disney messing up fairy tales. They're just fantasy stories, they've changed dozens of times over the years, Disney may as well make their own version of them, crappy as they may be. But when they start fucking with real peoples' lives, telling people complete and total lies about history, then I get furious. They deserve to get smallpox or typhoid or cholera or tuberculosis -- or all of them.

Austere
Sexist Creep
ARR!

No one is ugly except those who call people ugly.

View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: 2009 September 29, 22:36:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My parents were nice enough to explain the real stories to me after we watched the movies. =P
Anyway:

If I downloaded this, I would forever be doomed to screaming at the Sim, 'pull your shirt down!' And what is the appeal of boob frames on Sim shirts lately?

That's not funny, you nimrods. Now get that crap out of my member title.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: 2009 September 29, 23:24:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The boob frame, though not to my tastes, is debatable. But, come on, who the hell is running around with scissors cutting holes out of the fronts and backs of people's shirts?

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
rapture
ARR!

batman geek

View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: 2009 September 30, 00:12:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That top would be almost cute if it wasn't for the hole in the back. Almost.

Sims LJ

But how did one make a horse go?
"...Giddyap?"
misselektra
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: 2009 September 30, 00:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I vote, at most, one hole in the front or in the back.  That said, I just spent some time getting rid of that kind of back window in the AL sleeveless dress mesh because I think it just ruins a nice dress mesh.  I guess I'm contradictory.  I do kind of like the fabric folds.  I just wish there weren't quite so many and it wasn't quite so uniform.
Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: 2009 September 30, 11:43:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She converted to Christianity and in those days, you can pretty much bet that it was only done in order to save her own life.
Pocahontas most likely married John Rolfe as a diplomatic alliance between the English and her people (though Rolfe seems to have really loved her), and she would be expected to adapt to many of her new peoples' ways then, which included Christianity. That doesn't mean she saw Christianity the way the English ministers would have wanted her to. By the way, she already had a husband when she married Rolfe.

Also, I never saw the Disney movie, but did they put her and Rolfe/Smith, (*gag*) with THE PILGRIMS?! Oh dear god. Just -- who wrote this, I want them dead. It's bad enough that they believed Smith's lies about her in the first place. She was eleven when they met, she did not love him, and it's quite likely that her father's execution-just kidding with Smith was done to show the chief's power to take life and to generously give it.

Pocahontas was actually a diplomatic prisoner for a time if you will. She was captured by the English and then became an ambassador for her people and a liaison between them building the bridge for better communications. The English and the Powhatan nation have co-existed peacefully side by side to this day. To my knowledge, none of Virginia's indian tribes are supported by the Bureau of Indian Affairs in Washington. And yes, they do have reservations, but they are not like the other Native American nations who suffered far worse under the hands of those who came afterward.

To answer about the movie, no they do not place Pocahontas with the Pilgrims who by the way came to New England way after Jamestown had been established. Jamestown was founded in 1607, the Pilgrims landed in 1620. Thankfully Disney didn't screw up history in that respect, but they sure screwed with the geography of Virginia. The Tidewater area, which is where Jamestown is, is about a two hour drive to the Blue Ridge Mountains. The movie made it seem they were right next door.

As far as Pocahontas saving Smith's life, that has never been proven to be fact, only legend.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
Treasonous Republic
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: 2009 September 30, 12:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always wanted a bowl of tube sponges for my house. I'm so jealous of my Sims.  Cry

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: 2009 September 30, 17:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I'm sure someone made a couch like this for the sims 1; it should have stayed there.

These are vases from Ikea. The Ikea stuff pack had better looking stuff in it.

The hair looks nasty, and its cutting into the girl. This same hair also comes in the 3 other basic hair colors, my guess is hardly anyone on TSR can figure out how to make hair recolorable.

Does anyone actually wear bowties like that?

The ties really don't belong on those shirts.

This is called a sexy dress.  Roll Eyes

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: 2009 September 30, 17:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Yes, Thomas, I'd like to order the toast with the kiwi."
Blank stare from Thomas. "That's a couch."
Minions cocks her head to the side. "Are you sure? It smells like burnt toast to me."

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
redraw
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: 2009 September 30, 18:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do agree that there should be only 1 cutout per top.  It doesn't look as good after having 2

Those vases look very noobish.  That should really just stay in their own meshing folder instead of being released.

The only thing that I wanted from the sims 1 to be in the Sims 2 was the redemption games from Vacation.

Nuke paysites from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: 2009 September 30, 20:01:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AAARGH! at the "sexy dress".  The distorted button at the button bottom bothers me quite a bit, more than the smutty cut even.  How hard is it to use UV maps and texture preview?  If the mesh stretches your texture, then you taper your texture to compensate.  It's not that hard.  Jassims, by the way, has been very guilty of this recently, see her Sims3 pay offerings.  Grr.

edit: I can't spell.

« Last Edit: 2009 September 30, 20:12:19 by CatOfWar » Logged

neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: 2009 September 30, 20:01:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pocahontas was actually a diplomatic prisoner for a time if you will.

Then Pocahontas became an ambassador, with the goodwill or her father, who encouraged her marriage to Rolfe as a diplomatic alliance. The holding of a chief's children to further good relationships between the tribes was a common practice among American Indians, who expected reciprocity from Europeans.

I recommend <i>Facing East from Indian Country: A Native History of Early America</i> by Daniel Richter for a good account of what Pocahontas' life might have been like, and generally for its accounts of early Native American contact with Europeans (mostly English). We're reading it in the class I'm taking right now on early Native American-European relations and it's quite good.

And that couch looks like Starburst.

CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: 2009 September 30, 20:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neriana Pocahontas was already married?  That left that juicy tidbit out in school.  What became of hubby #1?  Didn't early Europeans also have a tradition of swapping kids among noble families to encourage cooperation?  Had that gone out of style by that time?  Not that they would have given a kid to "savages". :/

Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 408 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: